Community > Posts By > Gummiente

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 05:56 AM
Click on "search" at the top of the page, then click on "search by username", if you know or think you know what their username is. If not, then fill out the "search Singles" form at the top of the Search page and use the postal code of the member you are trying to look for, as well as selecting their age (or an age range you think they're in) and limit the distance to the lowest setting That should narrow down your search.

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 05:50 AM
You're lucky. I don't get emails from anyone, including scammers. grumble sad

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 05:02 AM
Personally, I don't find women in boxers OR briefs to be an attractive sight.

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 04:56 AM
Welcome to Mingle.

FYI, it works both ways. I get the same non-responses from women and I am picky about which profiles I initiate contact with. I've been on and off various dating sites for about two years now and, yeah, it gets very frustrating at times, especially when I match every single search parameter in a lady's profile and email her only to get deleted and blocked with no response. I know I'm no Brad Pitt, but there have been many women other than my Mom who have told me I'm handsome. :smile:

Just keep at it. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 04:50 AM

Yes, this one person views it many times a day and has been for a couple of weeks. I can understand anyone looking at a profile a few times over a period of time, but this feels more like stalker behaviour.

That's a bit unusual, but hardly a crime. Maybe he just likes the way you look in your pictures, but doesn't have the courage to make contact with you. Have you looked at his profile yet? Are there any red flags? Until he emails you, there's not much you can do about the repeated views. You can only block someone once they have emailed you or, as mentioned above, you can email them first.

Gummiente's photo
Sun 03/27/16 04:40 AM

I think baby Ozzie was kidnapped.

Probably by someone who watched too many movies with talking animals in them.

Gummiente's photo
Sat 03/26/16 10:00 AM
You may have to broaden your search parameters, that's a little too specific.

Gummiente's photo
Sat 03/26/16 05:23 AM

The question is really simple. Do you think that you can tell if you will date a man/woman going by nothing but the picture and a few words in a profile?

Not solely from a pic and a few words, no, but what else do you have to make a decision about whether you want to date a total stranger off the internet other than a photo and a few words? Like it or not, first impressions are crucial as to whether or not a profile gets a second look and those first impressions are based solely on an individual's reactions to a photo and the few words written by the person in the photo. That's really not much to go on, but it is the first step towards finding out if this is the person you want to be with. If the photo grabs your attention and the words resonate with you, then usually the decision is made to initiate contact that person. What happens after that depends on the interpersonal dynamics between the two people.

Gummiente's photo
Sat 03/26/16 05:02 AM
Block his number from your phones and file a restraining order against him. Clearly, he does not want to accept the fact that you no longer want to see him, so you will have to take these measures to ensure that he leaves you alone.

Gummiente's photo
Sat 03/26/16 04:18 AM
11. Getting an email from Mingle saying there's six people that want to meet you, then finding out they're just 20-30yr olds from California and the Ukraine. In other words, 40yr old Nigerian scammers living in their mother's basement. :angry:

Gummiente's photo
Fri 03/25/16 07:15 PM
Things To Be Grumpy About:

1. All your favourite music is in the "Oldies" section at the music store
2. Getting asked if you're old enough for the "Senior's Discount"
3. Having some little miss perky fresh face say you remind her of her Grampa
4. I can't touch my toes anymore
5. I can't even see my toes
6. Hosting a kick*ss party and your neighbours don't even know
7. Having some boompa-boompa car give you a headache at a stoplight
8. Some friggin' 20yr old kid holds the door open and calls you "Sir", just like you used to do for old people 30yrs ago
9. Falling asleep in the middle of a good action movie on TV
10. Being called "Old School" because you know how to fix stuff

Gummiente's photo
Fri 03/25/16 06:38 PM

OMG, she is the ultimate redhead. I've had a crush on her for years. love blushing

Gummiente's photo
Fri 03/25/16 05:05 AM

tell me about this name Gummie..did the last woman in your life call ya Gummie Bear? just wondering

you driving the school bus today? don't the kids get Good Friday off anymore?

Gummiente is the nickname I picked up while stationed in Germany back when I was in the Canadian Forces. Literally translated, it means "Rubber Duck". The story of how I got it involves copious amounts of beer, wild biker parties and a plastic duck decoy... and that's all I'm gonna say. bigsmile

The bus is parked today, we get a 4 day long weekend because of the Easter holiday.

Gummiente's photo
Fri 03/25/16 04:54 AM
Listening to my two dogs snoring as they lie at my feet in the den. It's strangely therapeutic and relaxing somehow.

Gummiente's photo
Fri 03/25/16 04:42 AM
Starting a new, up to date thread for people in the Great White North to introduce themselves. If you're a new or longtime member, say hi!

I'm checking in from the Kingston, Ontario region. Just joined in Mar 2016.

Gummiente's photo
Fri 03/25/16 04:31 AM
Good morning, Grumble Bunnies! It's -3C here and the ground is covered in ice as the freezing rain continues. Perfect weather for griping. Oh, and it's Good Friday so enjoy the holiday.

Gummiente's photo
Thu 03/24/16 02:11 PM

That's a shame.
Fogle should be in general population,
where he can be the flute player in the jailhouse band.

And there's the problem... if he's placed in Gen Pop he'll eventually be severely injured or killed by someone looking to up their status in the prison hierarchy. The prisoner's "code" places pedophiles and rapists at the bottom of the list and they are fair game for anyone. So, they are moved into Protective Custody to serve their sentence in relative safety... while their victims still suffer.

Hardly seems fair, doesn't it?

Gummiente's photo
Thu 03/24/16 01:43 PM

no worries Gummie I perved your profile
you are not that much older than me biggrin

Yeah, but I've got way more miles than you. bigsmile

Gummiente's photo
Thu 03/24/16 12:51 PM

Ouch. That one hit home. tears

Gummiente's photo
Thu 03/24/16 12:41 PM

I play the Guitar as a hobby, as a younger man I/we tried forming a band but never really succeeded in any meaningful gigs or paid venues..
(we stunkslaphead) But I still play and own a Aria Les Paul and jam a bit... when I'm feeling in the mood.. I originally took bass lessons and later switched to a 6 string playing rhythm and lead.. I can read Music but not to play and read.. it's a lot harder than it looks keeping time..:thumbsup:

I drove my parents nuts when I was young, pestering them for years to get me a drumset. Instead, one Christmas they bought me a guitar and booked some lessons with a music teacher in the hopes I would get hooked on that. I attended about four of the lessons, got bored and then set up my pots and pans and cardboard boxes in the basement again and went back to drumming. They gave in a couple months later and for my 16th birthday bought me my very first set of drums.

I admire the skill it takes to play guitar, though. It's just never been my calling. Drummers are a bit... different. :smile: