Community > Posts By > PCchefKimmers

PCchefKimmers's photo
Sat 03/26/16 04:44 AM

Well for me if I can't imagine playing tonsil hockey with a face for the rest of my life it is not going to go any further. Plus,if the write up in the profile is a snooze or they live too far away I move on.

I hear ya on that one!

PCchefKimmers's photo
Fri 03/25/16 05:19 PM
Well I certainly don't need that.... I'm cool and popular on my own :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

PCchefKimmers's photo
Fri 03/25/16 04:45 PM
So, what is the purpose of the "friend requests"......I don't see anything that makes it a necessary thing????

PCchefKimmers's photo
Fri 03/25/16 11:59 AM
Feeling pretty relaxed right now, food prep done, kale chips made, party posts scheduled and enjoying a bubble bath lol

PCchefKimmers's photo
Fri 03/25/16 09:43 AM

Having recently experienced this type of situation, I can honestly say that I can overlook certain dislikes, but I need to trust my gut instinct about those that I know will eventually kill the relationship.
Jealousy is one of those dislikes.
I was dating a great guy.....good provider, fun, helpful around the house, great cook....you name it, he had tons of great attributes! Some flaws that were just generally annoying, and easily overlooked, even by my kids, because he WAS such a great guy. BUT, he was obnoxiously jealous, and I didn't listen to my gut the first time it reared it's ugly head....BECAUSE of all of those other great attributes.
After almost 7 years of accusations, distrust, being slowly alienated from family and friends, I finally found the strength to walk away, FOR GOOD!
Not a mistake I hope to make again.

Welcome to the forum PCchef!flowerforyou

EXACTLY Peggy!!! We even tried counseling, which helped some, but, unfortunately brought me to the realization that I did NOT want to do this anymore.
I did the same as you, tried to reassure, changed behavior, even gave up bartending. I was told by mutual friends it takes "4 years or so" for the jealousy to lessen and the trust to increase. It is terribly sad because he was everything I wanted (except rich lol) and balanced my life in so many ways. I still regularly miss the comraderie, the fun, the intimacy (and not just sex you pervs....we were very touchy and loving with each other).....it was a hard decision to make and has been an even harder time finding my way back to my old self!

And I TOTALLY RELATE to what you said!

I had a boyfriend that was sooooooo amazing to me in so many ways.

I had never been more cherished in a relationship before.

But he was also insecure and jealous, and I thought the solution was to keep reassuring him with my love and being totally transparent about my every move.

Instead of getting better, he got WORSE.

This was the only guy I was interested in marrying since my divorce because he and I were so in sync and he was so phenomenal in so many areas .

But that jealousy was a red flag I didn't pay attention to because I thought it would change if I kept on proving my loyalty or love.

that relationship taught me something invaluable.

By the time people are close to 40, they are pretty much fully formed and are almost incapable of change, UNLESS something really drastic in their life happens to inspire it, like the loss of a loved one or a job etc.

If people change ONLY to please you, it is only for a season to appease you.

They are likely to change right back to what they were for the previous thirty something years ohwell

PCchefKimmers's photo
Fri 03/25/16 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
I guess I will have to just get used to checking in to "my topics" to see what the recent posts are...ugh!

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 11:49 AM
Having recently experienced this type of situation, I can honestly say that I can overlook certain dislikes, but I need to trust my gut instinct about those that I know will eventually kill the relationship.
Jealousy is one of those dislikes.
I was dating a great guy.....good provider, fun, helpful around the house, great cook....you name it, he had tons of great attributes! Some flaws that were just generally annoying, and easily overlooked, even by my kids, because he WAS such a great guy. BUT, he was obnoxiously jealous, and I didn't listen to my gut the first time it reared it's ugly head....BECAUSE of all of those other great attributes.
After almost 7 years of accusations, distrust, being slowly alienated from family and friends, I finally found the strength to walk away, FOR GOOD!
Not a mistake I hope to make again.

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 11:21 AM
Thanks NObootyhunter
I have used chat forums way way way in the past and had a blast with them, so I think I will be around awhile :smile:

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 11:20 AM
Edited by PCchefKimmers on Thu 03/24/16 11:23 AM
Thanks xxxtobyxxx
Just an honest one, but thanks!
I have a serious problem with always being too honest, too trusting and too open noway

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 11:18 AM
Is there anyway to set up notifications when someone does comment on your post or do you need to just keep coming in and checking?

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 10:51 AM
Oh my! Some of these are hilarious! I don't think I made any of these mistakes, but I will certainly double check laugh

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 10:44 AM
My "sitting on the fence" feeling would be
1) because in the past, men have tended to want a serious relationship with me right from the start.
2) The bed IS comfy all by myself LOL
3) Afraid of making the same mistakes I have in the past

BUT....I really do miss having that best friend to talk to, someone to share responsibilities with, someone to enjoy the everyday pleasures with.

PCchefKimmers's photo
Thu 03/24/16 10:33 AM
Just joined this morning and am happy to see that there are actually chat forums :)
Meeting people is such a pain these days.
Do people get together as a group in social situations from this site?