Community > Posts By > KieMea

no photo
Tue 12/11/18 05:01 AM
I prefer to have a fun date. Although getting to know & like someone doesn't mean they'll want to stick around, I'd rather have a fun unforgettable hour with them.

no photo
Sun 12/09/18 08:35 AM
I'm learning to cook.

no photo
Thu 04/05/18 09:34 AM
In my part of the world, we VERY RARELY say the actual words but have our special ways of saying them including: "Have you eaten?" "Are you OK?" "I've missed you" "Take care" and so on.
The words 'I love you', although used easily by new lovers, very few couples and even fewer parents to their little children, aren't so easy to say to parents, partners (marriage) and older children. I think a lot of grew up without hearing those words expressed to us so we just took it up and would rather show love with our actions than say it. We are aware that we love each other because we show it as much as possible but saying it...nahhh. I said it a lot to my ex tho.
I, however say it to my best friend, on the phone or in a text, once in a while.

no photo
Thu 04/05/18 09:16 AM
Congratulations

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 09:25 AM
Yes it does but it's more difficult to find elsewhere these days.

no photo
Fri 03/23/18 02:00 PM
Edited by KieMea on Fri 03/23/18 02:02 PM
Well said SweetPhi :thumbsup: flowers

no photo
Thu 03/22/18 12:09 PM
Edited by KieMea on Thu 03/22/18 12:10 PM
I've got both but rarely use them.

no photo
Thu 03/22/18 11:41 AM
Edited by KieMea on Thu 03/22/18 12:05 PM
Yes a child binds u but u r different people & need to live ur lives.
I'll assume u have spoken to him severally yet he hasn't accepted breaking up with u hence ur desire to reach out to total strangers but u need to help him understand why u can't be with him.
He needs answers to obvious questions: Did he have those habits when the relationship started, before the child? Why did u fall out of love etc.
Give him time, he'll come around.

no photo
Wed 03/21/18 05:03 AM
Peace, love and financial independence

no photo
Mon 03/19/18 02:14 PM

Hi sinhali, most of us don't remember an hour ago laugh
Explain for those who are not familiar please waving

:thumbsup: laugh

no photo
Fri 03/16/18 01:18 PM

My best self is the side I display everyday when I'm not being attacked, belittled or insulted.
You don't want to meet my other side, believe me laugh

Same here. I'm not the same in every situation as I'm more of a 'reactive person'

no photo
Thu 03/15/18 11:14 AM
I was 18, working as a sales person when one of the supply guys started hitting on me; I figured he was about 30, was scared cos I hadn't been on any dates before.
He asks me to meet up for ice cream & I did but was so nervous and couldn't eat much of mine.
Dude literally took the cup and scraped it clean. He said he didn't want his money to go to waste.
I wished the ground would just open and swallow me up.

no photo
Thu 03/15/18 10:35 AM
Whether or not the person I'm talking with is a friend I keep my mouth shut when I observe tensions building up particularly because I dislike public attention.
However, I've had to give up on different kinds of relationships simply because we didn't understand what it meant to have differences of opinions on issues.
I have also had to make compromises I was never happy about for some friends because I didn't want to lose them and I'm sure some have done same for me but overall it has always been civil.
On a number of occasions where total strangers have tried to discredit my arguments I have learnt to say 'OK' which means 'suit yourself' just to get the person off your back.

no photo
Wed 03/14/18 06:36 AM
oops laugh laugh

no photo
Tue 03/13/18 11:22 AM

1. Do we have a choice in 'who we are'?
Certainly

2. If so, should we aim to make 'who we are' into 'who we will always be'?
Certainly not

3.If so, aren't we supporting a stagnate life without growth?
A stagnant life without growth (change) is impossible, not improbable, Impossible.
Entropy is change. Even someone in a brain dead coma is continuing to change.

A Personality/Ego is in a constant state of change because the stimuli that shapes them is in a constant state of change.
There are times when we think we do not change but the reality is that we change every second of everyday as we move thru time. Some people try to preserve the past but all they do is make the present fit their selective impressions of what the past is to them. Which in definition is a lot more work than just embracing the present.

Really deep words. May I have your permission to repost them for my friends on another platform, with credit to you of course?
We have a common, saying in this part of the world: change is the only constant thing in life & change for the better is always appealing.
I always ask myself whose standards am I trying to live up to. Other people may see the need for me to improve on myself but I just might be comfy with who I am.
In my opinion, who we are is a product of our experiences. We have a choice to use these experiences negatively or positively.
It is defeatist to say ' that's just who I am' particularly when who you are is a poor reflection of what an ideal society should be.
Some folks just don't want to put in any effort at being better or nicer humans.
very nice, up to the point where you said "particularly when who you are is a poor reflection of what an ideal society should be."
Everyone's perception is a little different, or a lot different... A muslims ideal society differs from a non muslims view, just like an atheist would be different from all religious peoples views... So who is to say your idea of an ideal society is better than anyone elses? ( I don't mean you personally, it's meant for whoever reads it)... Society is a blend of lots of individuals whos thought processes are not the same, so an ideal society will never work, but we can get closer to it by a little understanding and a lot of patience...

I agree with u but personally I don't approve religious values or the lack of being the yardstick for our moral standards as humans but that's just me & as Tom stated earlier, some just don't know how to be better because we are all different and/or were raised differently.
that's my point, I don't believe in religion aspects of life, but a lot of people do... That makes it harder for me to live around those peoples, but I still accept them, as long as it doesn't bother me to much...we all have the right to live how we choose, but there are those who think we all have to think like them... As simple minded as I am, why can't others understand that as well?

I ask myself the same question each time my moral compass starts moving smile2
then I remember that it's just to be the best I can be.

no photo
Tue 03/13/18 09:38 AM

Certainly

Certainly not

A stagnant life without growth (change) is impossible, not improbable, Impossible.

A Personality/Ego is in a constant state of change because the stimuli that shapes them is in a constant state of change.
There are times when we think we do not change but the reality is that we change every second of everyday as we move thru time. Some people try to preserve the past but all they do is make the present fit their selective impressions of what the past is to them. Which in definition is a lot more work than just embracing the present.

Really deep words. May I have your permission to repost them for my friends on another platform, with credit to you of course?
We have a common, saying in this part of the world: change is the only constant thing in life & change for the better is always appealing.
I always ask myself whose standards am I trying to live up to. Other people may see the need for me to improve on myself but I just might be comfy with who I am.
In my opinion, who we are is a product of our experiences. We have a choice to use these experiences negatively or positively.
It is defeatist to say ' that's just who I am' particularly when who you are is a poor reflection of what an ideal society should be.
Some folks just don't want to put in any effort at being better or nicer humans.
very nice, up to the point where you said "particularly when who you are is a poor reflection of what an ideal society should be."
Everyone's perception is a little different, or a lot different... A muslims ideal society differs from a non muslims view, just like an atheist would be different from all religious peoples views... So who is to say your idea of an ideal society is better than anyone elses? ( I don't mean you personally, it's meant for whoever reads it)... Society is a blend of lots of individuals whos thought processes are not the same, so an ideal society will never work, but we can get closer to it by a little understanding and a lot of patience...

I agree with u but personally I don't approve religious values or the lack of being the yardstick for our moral standards as humans but that's just me & as Tom stated earlier, some just don't know how to be better because we are all different and/or were raised differently.

no photo
Tue 03/13/18 09:28 AM

Certainly

Certainly not

We have a common saying in this part of the world: change is the only constant thing in life & change for the better is always appealing.

Certainly, and I don't need any recognition.

Its also important to note that there are some people that don't know how to be a better person. For them, it isn't a question of effort. They understand no other way. People are all different.

I try to just accept people as they are. If I can provide enlightenment or a new view, Its always up to them to accept or reject. I try to stand beside others, not above. Sometimes all people need is a lil encouragement.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no photo
Mon 03/12/18 04:27 PM

Certainly

Certainly not

We have a common saying in this part of the world: change is the only constant thing in life & change for the better is always appealing.

no photo
Sat 03/10/18 07:54 AM
How are you...slaphead

no photo
Sat 03/10/18 07:44 AM

A needle in a haystack...

She sounds like a real prick. tongue2

laugh :wink:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15