Community > Posts By > zd84

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 09:09 PM
##
A 250 is actually an easier bike to ride until you become really good at it. It is lighter and the power is a lot more predictable. The 450 explodes with power. Usually a dual sport is much heavier than a motocross bike. You can ride it on the road and trail but it will not be able to keep up with the guys on the motocrossers because they can out perform dual-sport.
If you are just doing light woods riding..it will be ok but I already went through that when I bought a DT-400 Yamaha and traded it on an IT-400 because I could not stay with the other guys on the dirt only bikes. I got tired of lifting that big heavey bike over fallen trees while the dirt bikes just hop over them. One step down from a motocrosser is the best for woods riding because it is set up for slower speeds with better low end torque for hill climbing and negotiating tree areas at slower speeds. I stay off the road also because people don't see motorcycles sometimes and pull out in front of you leaving you with no where to go!!
##

Gothca.
I'm a big guy so obviously I am considering the biggest dirtbike I can afford, and I appreciate the advice. For a novice offroad rider with street experience, who would ride mostly on small trails, would you recommend a 250 or a bigger bike?

Motorcycling is extremely dangerous and I believe that the #1 skill any motorcyclist can possess is not physical skill or confidence, but rather a "6th sense" of what drivers will do. So far, knock on wood, I have been lucky enough to encounter situations that I have good control over. As you probably know, every single day is full of dozens of potentially life-threatening situations you must escape from.

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 08:59 PM
Why are you spiritual? Why do you believe in the god that you do?
Was there a certain event that forced you to consider spirituality? Were you forced to believe? Would you believe the same if you were on your death bed?

Personally, I am not spiritual but once was, and am curious as to what brought others to consider their belief.

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 08:35 PM
Miranda is a lot better.
My business relies on ICQ and Miranda has been a lot more reliable than both Trillian and the standard ICQ client itself.

http://www.miranda-im.org/

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 08:33 PM
Hm that's a tough one.
How about Google Video or any other Flash video? If you can hear them fine then the problem is isolated (network) and should fix itself.

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 08:19 PM
I agree. In my opinion, people should think long and hard before 'getting back out there' as you said, after a long relationship. However, someone saying their kids are #1 one is not really something that would bother me. If I met a woman that blatantly prioritized her kids as #1 it would just tell me that she knows what is important and would not sacrifice her children for a mate.

I agree though. Some people want to get right back into dating before they are ready.

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 08:13 PM
Obviously it's not real, but the very talented editor deserves respect. :)

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 08:09 PM
##
I grew up on Dirt Bikes. I was on a 450 Honda CRF Motocross bike a lot last week when I was visiting my cousin. It's so powerful that when you dive into a turn and hit the throttle it will do the turn with the front wheel off the ground! Very Fun!!
##

Heh right on. I have never ridden a dirtbike or know much about them, but isn't 250 the 'standard' class?
I'd love to get one, but there aren't too many places I could ride it around here, especially without a truck to haul it in. I would like to get a KTM dual-sport though.

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 12:12 PM
Whatcha got? :)

HD Sportster 1200L
Used to have a Shadow 600

zd84's photo
Sat 08/11/07 12:07 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who finds this video to be absolutely hysterically funny.

http://www.break.com/rushhour3/man-vs-kids-karate-war.html

And the second one...
http://www.break.com/rushhour3/man-vs-kids-part2.html

- David