Community > Posts By > Starlit2016

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 10:59 AM
Edited by Starlit2016 on Tue 07/05/16 11:23 AM
Is it located in this category of paranormal? Perhaps, I missed it. There was one I found in the sciences, which is not the right category for it. Unless, of course, people have solid proof of their existence -- which is pretty exciting news! Also, they were going in a different direction with it. I am taking it for a different spin from the usual -- a conversation to expand our consciousness and our imagination, based on the lores of old.

Shapeshifters are different from werewolves. Werewolves are changed to meet the needs of their hunger. Shapeshifters are transformed by their love -- which can be healthy (if boundaries still exist) or very unhealthy (if competition and power struggles result).

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:37 AM
Edited by Starlit2016 on Tue 07/05/16 07:48 AM
It has existed in the lore of many cultures, around the world. I wonder, if the more EMPATHY a person has towards a specific creature, the more likely that s/he is able to pick up its habits and even some of its communication and physical nuances. A very strong connection would, indeed, exist: I think it would be love. I don't think shapeshifting is easy -- most likely painful, to alter states, so drastically. There would be levels of progression into it -- and discipline.

On the same note, this person could also pick up on the nuances of other humans, almost instantly. The results can be very interesting. However, if the subject is not mentally well, how could it affect the shapeshifter? Probably, it has enough wisdom, to either try to avoid it, help it, or enforce its boundary to exclude it from its territory, if the subject is "seen" trying to force its will onto others producing very unhealthy results. It will be able to read people's faces and know why the face looks the way it does. There are no secrets with this being.

At its natural state, it wants peace and tranquility. The being would be very spiritual. Can you imagine, what this being can "see" and experience, that the majority of humans cannot? Amazing. What a legend!

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:13 AM

Bust of Aristotle. Marble, Roman copy after a Greek bronze original by Lysippos from 330 BC; the alabaster mantle is a modern addition.

A group of archaeologists in Greece say they have found the lost tomb of Aristotle, the Greek philosopher and likely world's first true scientist.

The Greek newspaper Ekathimerini reported Thursday that the finding will be announced at a press conference, as a capstone to a Aristotle-themed conference in Thessaloniki.

The archaeologists had been digging for 20 years at a site in the ancient northern Greece city of Stageira, where Aristotle was born in 384 B.C. Aristotle died 62 years later in Chalcis, about 50 miles north of Athens.

Ahead of the official announcement, the Greek Reporter has some more details on the tomb, saying that "literary sources" say that Aristotle's ashes were transferred there after his death. It is located near the ancient city's agora, apparently intended to be viewed by the public.

From the Greek Reporter:

The top of the dome is at 10 meters and there is a square floor surrounding a Byzantine tower. A semi-circle wall stands at two-meters in height. A pathway leads to the tomb's entrance for those that wished to pay their respects. Other findings included ceramics from the royal pottery workshops and fifty coins dated to the time of Alexander the Great.

Not much is known about Aristotle's life, aside from what he left in his own writings. It took over 2,300 years, but at least we're starting to learn more about his death.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/some-archaeologists-in-greece-think-they-found-aristotles-tomb

Fascinating. Thanks, Mighty Moe.

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:10 AM

I agree with Moe. This thread belongs inside the Mysterious Phenomena & The Paranormal forum.

Fascinating discussion. I agree. It needs to go to the Mysterious Phenomena & Paranormal forum, unless we are talking about diets and cosmetic surgery.

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:09 AM

Oprah shifts shape quite a bit....

There is truth in that. Lol.

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:04 AM
Edited by Starlit2016 on Tue 07/05/16 07:06 AM
Bravo! It certainly is! flowerforyou Time is the measurement of movement.

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 07:01 AM
Beautiful poem. That really touched my soul. Thanks for sharing that with us!

no photo
Tue 07/05/16 06:58 AM
I have seen and experienced them, too. Off and on. What's the point of them? Or their "life purpose", has anyone figured that one out? They are intrusive and annoying, like a parasite.:banana: I am adding the dancing banana, because I am blowing them off. They seem to come during high times of stress. I think I need more dancing bananas in my life. That is a very happy banana.