JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 04/20/10 06:13 AM
The Nanny Diaries

The Fallen

Hunger Games and Catching Fire

next I hope is Lovely Bones

then maybe Shutter Island?

I put down Pride and Prejudice for awhile...

I am working at a book store now and we are allowed to check books out for 2 weeks! I also want to read Dewey, If You Want to Cry Go Outside, some James Patterson, Shanghai Girls, more by Lori Wick and some by Jodi Picoult...

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 03/30/10 08:50 AM
I only watch Idol randomly. Like you, I don't see how the judges are in a position to judge if they have no knowledge or training. I think if they get someone who is trained in voice and someone who is a trained musician instead of just some schmoo with an opinion I would respect their opinions better.
I enjoy watching DWTS. I like the fact that the judges are professional in ball room dancing. And I enjoy seeing the pros work with the non-pros. I always seem to cheer for the football player! I also vote for ppl on DWTS - usually those that I think are trying really hard to learn but may not get the 'popular' vote.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 02/02/10 09:12 PM
That is wonderful!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 02/02/10 09:10 PM
YES!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 02/02/10 09:00 AM
whoa
Where do I start? Controlling, manipulative, mean ... all wrapped up in a cute package with 3 children! While I tried so hard to be the good step-mom and new wife I didn't realize I no longer had friends or the ability to spend time with them. Took me awhile to realize that his verbal and emotional abuse was taking its toll on our daughter but once I realized that I filed divorce papers. Sometimes it does take awhile for your own personal fog to lift...

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Sun 01/31/10 06:03 PM
I'd like to go back to one of DoDMember's original statements because I am not understanding the meaning behind it.

"but if they were actualy fundamentalists they wouldnt have accounts here. there just hipacrits who want it both ways."

I did ask if fundamentalists were banned and was told no but if they were really fundamentalists they wouldn't have memberships here. My question of 'why not' still stands. What both ways and why would we not want to make friends or date people? Even if I took the 'be fruitful and multiply' at face value I'd still have to meet people to do that. And I am commanded to 'love my neighbor as myself' so it stands to reason that I'd need to meet my neighbors to do that. Not hating here, just asking for clarification.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 01/27/10 06:08 PM
I'm confused. Sorry, that may be just my state of mind!
Are evangelicals banned here? Or are they not supposed to want to meet people and make friends? I don't get it. It may be that I missed the first part of this discussion....
what

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 01/19/10 10:40 AM
I have resumed my walking. The mp3 player loaded with classic rock and some country rock sure help! Plus I am packing up my Christmas items to prepare for my eventual move. Scavenging boxes and sorting thru books and clothing to give away what I don't want or no longer need has helped me to feel as though I am helping someone else, too.
And I agree that facebook is a fun place to reconnect with friends!

Good luck and have fun!
Debby

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 01/18/10 06:07 PM
Hi. I've been chatting online with someone I met here about a month ago. I can't find his user-name here but I wanted to warn you about him. He said he went to the UK, where he then told me he was from, after having been in Canada. He is now asking me for help since he is telling me he is in Africa, supposedly building a road and finds that his ATM card and credit card do not work there. He wants me to buy him laptops and telephones!! When I said no he got really mad, called me arrogant and then wanted to know if I was talking to other men!! I know his email address if this will help you any.

This is a similar story I got from another Mingler who also said he was a contractor who was in Africa and then he found out his bank card did not work and asked me for money. He asked me to remove myself from mingle and only talk to him. I refused. He deactivated his account but I can tell you who he is if you want.

Thanks for listening!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Mon 01/04/10 11:56 AM
You left your nephew a message on his facebook wall? Yes, those messages can be deleted - either by him or the person who left the message. I had someone leave a rant on my wall and I deleted it because it was just mean. I've also deleted messages left that I did not want my daughter to read. You'll have to ask him about it.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 12/22/09 11:38 AM
My mother used to tell us that she was going to "tan our hides", meaning she was going to spank us but good!

When we asked them how old they were they'd tell us "old enough to vote"...

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Sat 12/19/09 08:16 PM
It's been snowing all day here in the Philly suburbs. We probably have about a foot by now and it is supposed to snow all night. I'll be snuggling into my electric blanket for the night. Good night all! Coffee in the AM...

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Thu 12/17/09 09:08 AM
flowers

Aww....Thanks you cute little monkey you!!!

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Wed 12/16/09 07:00 PM
This is a very real concern! I have a daughter. I want the guys I talk to to know this from the onset so that they can't use that as an excuse. However -- I do not discuss her with them! She does not know about anyone I'm contacting either. And I see red flags as soon as the guy says 'where is your daughter now?'!! One guy --whom I've blocked now - told me he couldn't wait to wake up and kiss her good morning!! My perv alarm went off!! Fortunately we are in different states at the moment so there is no threat of that happening! She's not a baby. She's a teenager and I feel very protective of her in this process. I'm not about to have men in and out of her life when she is in that stage of life where consistency is crucial.

How are the rest of you dealing with this?

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 12/15/09 09:10 AM
I'm with you on this Mirror! I've had a few men from this site tell me how much they love me -- after a few emails. I ask them how can they know without even meeting me and they say 'oh I don't need to meet you to know that I love you and want to take care of you forever'!! How in the world can they know that already and I can't even tell the color of their eyes?? (not that eye color is important but you do usually know that a whole lot earlier than you know that you are in love...)

Right now when I hear love I think of controlling and manipulative. I used to think of forever...

Debby

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 12/15/09 08:53 AM
I thought it meant to ask you for something. Like 'if you need anything feel free to hit me up'....but I do think it means to get in contact with someone.

:laughing:

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 12/15/09 08:50 AM
I just had to read your profile after all the chatter. It was really funny!! I smiled the whole time I read it. You may be more than a boy your age could handle!!

If you like your profile - keep it up. If in awhile you decide that you need to add to or edit it I might suggest a small disclaimer at the end (because I really wouldn't want to spoil your bio) saying that you enjoyed sharing your humor and that you hoped people would actually read your list of interests and contact you. Personally, I get tired of mine and change it, especially if I read something in someone else's that seems to say what I wanted to say but they do a better job of it.

Enjoy yourself and good luck!
Debby

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Thu 12/10/09 10:04 AM
Sorry, but this behavior is not going to change. If you like making all the decisions and playing 150 questions for EACH decision - enjoy! My ex is just that way! In our case I would ask, receive the answer "whatever you want is fine" and at first I would just make the decision and that's how it was. After awhile I realized that he would moan and complain about my decision so I would remind him that he told me 'whatever I wanted'!! I realized that his response was truth -- I could decide whatever I wanted but if it was not what HE wanted, it was the wrong decision and I would never hear the end of it. We played that game for years and I ended up playing it right back. I'd give him my decision, he'd tell me why he didn't want it that way and how it should be and I'd pounce! I'd tell him that if he had only said what he wanted to begin with we could have been MUCH further along. It was a very immature way to behave but it was the only way to deal with him. I'm so glad I learned and am moving on from it!! It was NOT for me.

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:30 AM
Wow! That's odd that the two of you were so far apart that you didn't know she was not having a good time. Perhaps she actually was enjoying herself but then second-guessed herself? spock

And I for one do not object to the after-dinner text message. I love texting. I keep in touch with my friends and family that way. I would not have minded the text after a date! A phone call later on would be very nice as well but the text is immediate.

Any way I'm sorry things ended that way but you seem to have a good attitude about it. Good luck in finding someone who's reading the same page you are!!flowerforyou

JerseyCoffeeGirl's photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:22 AM
That would be nice! And when I get that email that says 'here are your new matches' I'd like to be able to click on a link that shows me the new ones!

Previous 1 3 4