Community > Posts By > PaganRaven

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 07:04 PM
Thanks Holly :smile:

Call me Raven, I only add the Pagan because someone has ALWAYS taken Raven grumble but then again, it's my fault for choosing the name eh? ohwell

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 06:57 PM

Okay Tazz this is for you!

Oh my, that's just classic!

Hello PCU, looks like a mad place to be drinker flowers

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 06:47 PM
Cottonelle, that is one hell of a story!

I've not been tasered, the only people who can legally carry them here are the police.

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 06:41 PM
I have chronic insomnia. The best thing for it is to go to bed at a set time each night. If you vary the time you will never get your head sorted. The first week or so is really boring. You spend a lot of time looking at the ceiling. But after a while you will find you're going to sleep faster.

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 06:30 PM
It depends on the woman and the circumstances. I've lived (briefly!) with an agressive woman in the worst sense so the word does hold negative connotations for me.

Assertive, hell yeah! Last thing I want is a milksop doormat. I want someone with their own mind who isn't afraid to show it, someone who can be a partner not a servant and a partner has to be equal.

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 05:36 AM
Yeah, in the UK it's generally called Heathenry but in the States it's Asatru. Same horse, different jockey flowerforyou

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 06:09 PM
I didn't see it before, but you look fabulous!

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 06:07 PM
Egg custard tart (it's probably a British thing...)

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 06:06 PM
waving How do!?

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 05:03 PM
I'll be celebrating with my local group. We have a small Henge we created on some farmland run by one of our members and we gather there for a 3-ply Pagan ritual - Heathen, Wiccan and Druid aspects are involved to represent the nature of our group. (It's amazing we all get along but we manage!)

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:59 PM
Welcome to the forum :smile:

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:58 PM
Welcome! I'm new here myself, seems a friendly place

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:56 PM
Actually, the dates of the old festivals were not fixed, they depended on the turning of the seasons and the positions of the sun and moon. Solstice and equinox dates vary by a few days each year, which is one of the reasons the old stone circles were set up - they could show when the festival was coming. The other festivals were more related to what was actually happening in the environment - the harvest or first lambing, for example.

Yes, the Christians used these same festivals, but then again, hasn't everyone? laugh

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:46 PM
There's no Heathens in that list! Where are all the (other) axe-wielding, rune-carving, mead-drinking Heathens? drinker drinks

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:34 PM

I've been looking for a wood carver...

I've only been carving just under a year and I mainly do woodspirits. What is it you were looking for?

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:33 PM

That didnt quit make sense until i googled it and found the question should have been 'Why is a raven LIKE a writing desk?'

My answer to that would be....If you have one in a room, there will be s**t everywhere.

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of that one!

Nah, but there would be wood everywhere! Especially when I'm carving

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:27 PM
Thanks for the welcomes :)

A Raven and a writing desk? Well, I can sit at a writing desk but the desk can't sit at me :smile: As for Carmen Sandiego, she was here last week, you just missed her! :tongue:

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:15 PM
Edited by PaganRaven on Sat 09/19/09 04:16 PM
Carving is probably my favourite passtime, I started about a year ago and woodspirits are what I carve the most. Here are a couple of my recent ones :) (Click the thumbnails for larger pics)

Comments welcome :)

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sat 09/19/09 04:00 PM
Hi, I'm Raven. I'm 39, I enjoy woodcarving, reading and leatherwork. I really don't know what to put on sites like this - ask me a question someone!

2 Next