Community > Posts By > PaganRaven

PaganRaven's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:49 PM
Thanks :smile: You need a basic set of carving chisels and a small-bladed knife. I use a set by Flexcut which has 1 handle and interchangeable blades, it's a nice little portable set. I reallywant another detail knife for doing the eyes, they are the hardest bit to get lookingright I think. It's also where most of the expression in the faces comes from.

To be honest I'm not much more than a beginner, I really don't know how to get the best out of my tools. I want to do some more female faces but I've only managed one so far. They are sooo much more difficult! It's easy when you can hide half the face in hair :laughing:

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Wed 09/23/09 09:34 AM
Thank you! I'm the opposite - I can sculpt some but modeling is beyond me.

PaganRaven's photo
Tue 09/22/09 02:33 PM
Thank you flowers I've only managed to make one with a female face, they are much harder to do!

PaganRaven's photo
Tue 09/22/09 07:44 AM
This is my latest Lime woodspirit incence holder. Tried a different beard on this one, a plait. What do you think?

Each one takes about 4 hours carving, this one took as long to carve the hair and beard as all the rest put together laugh

Thank you for all your comments :smile:
Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 04:50 PM
You look great

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 04:34 PM

frown MirrorMirror wonders where the monkey totem isfrown

The Monkey

Monkeys are fascinating animals to watch. Their acrobatic maneuvers hold the energy of effortlessness and grace. They twist, turn, jump, and hang with the greatest of ease. They crawl up and down tree trunks and leap from branch to branch extending their long arms outward towards the next limb. Once they arrive at their destination they stop, look around and contemplate what is in their immediate environment.

Moving in all directions, forward, backwards and sideways gives the monkey the advantage of seeing things from different angles. They have excellent vision and are able to see that which is hidden from normal view. Their master ship of movement and keen observation skills help them reach their destination safely. Those with this totem have the ability to know where they are going and understand where they have been. Through perseverance, focus and fluid movement their goals can be attained.

Monkeys are flat-footed animals. They walk around using all four limbs. When they walk their whole foot hits the ground at the same time. This links the monkey to the qualities of stability and sure footed. Their agility of movement is a reminder to us to maintain balance in all that we think, do and say. Leadership roles are often granted to people that hold this medicine.

Curious and clever a monkeys mood can change instantaneously giving them an air of unpredictability. A general theme for those that carry this medicine is to "expect the unexpected."

Monkeys are most active during the day. Their brains are large denoting a strong intelligence. After sexual maturity, male monkeys are at all times potent. This sexual potency is symbolic of birth, rebirth and new creation.

The monkey is a powerful ally to have. A master at shape shifting realities it prompts us to explore all aspects of who we are and who we choose to become. By learning from the monkey and applying its skills of power, grace and observation, foundations are created that give birth to our choices. Eventually these choices will manifest in our lives so if monkey is your totem be careful of what you choose.

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 04:26 PM
Try these links :)

http://www.geocities.com/kerrdelune/mwheel.html

http://www.sayahda.com/cycle.htm

For me?

The Raven

Ravens have a long history of myth and lore associated with them. In some native tribes they are known as the "keeper of secrets." They hold the teachings of mysticism and magic. Ravens are linked to the void, where universal secrets are stored. Their inky black color is the color associated with darkness. The darkness is a place where unconscious fears live. Raven, a master magician, embodies the energy of transformation and shows us how to eliminate our inner demons.

Ravens are the largest songbirds in North America. They are extremely intelligent and are clever mimics. They incorporate and mimic calls of other species and can teach us how to understand the language of animals. They have also been known to learn some human words.

The raven knows the mystery of life. They have an intimate association with death and rebirth. Because raven would feed on the corpses of the dead hanging on the gallons, early European settlers feared this bird and considered it to be an ill omen. In truth, however, raven should be respected not feared.

There are many stories in native cultures about this illusive black bird. Shamans know the power of an unexpected piercing sound in altering consciousness. Ravens exercise this power, emitting a variety of sounds and can aid us in shifting our consciousness into various dimensional realms. This is one reason why the raven is known as a shape shifter with magical powers. Anyone with raven as a totem can expect continual changes and spiritual awakenings throughout their life.

Raven picks its students according to their accumulated wisdom. It flies into a persons life carrying the energy of magic and healing. If it decides to settle in and take up residence, it will stay as long as necessary to aid you in transmuting your karma then return you to the light. It will push, prod, and lead you into the discovery of your multidimensional self and reunite you with the secrets of the multidimensional universe. Those with this totem should remember to meet raven, not with fear, but rather with an appreciation for the teachings that it holds.

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 04:17 PM
My mum gave me my first Tarot deck :smile: I prefer runes though, much more versatile, and only 24 to remember laugh

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 04:02 PM
flowerforyou Thanks!

I was looking through my old poetry ramblings and it was the most depressing selection imaginable! This was the only funny one in the lot laugh

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 03:54 PM
Saw a program today about our genetic past. Turns out every single human being alive can trace their ancestry back to the same 2 genetic ancestors about 75,000 years ago. Makes a mockery of 'race' really.

Black, white or any other skintone, what matters is the person underneath.

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 03:35 PM

What made you say that? laugh laugh

My apologies! There is someone from auld Blighty active on here :banana:

flowers For you :smile:

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 09:55 AM
If you set up a Flickr account you can MMS message pictures direct to your Flickr account and link to them from there.

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 06:16 AM
Well I'm not the life of the party, more a solitary soul...

But I am a Cancer!

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 06:13 AM
Are you looking for love,
In all the wrong places,
Do you find there’s no heart,
Behind good looking faces,
Well, I may not be handsome,
Charming or rich,
But at least I’m not a
Son of a...

PaganRaven's photo
Mon 09/21/09 05:03 AM
Nope, they certainly don't appear to be love :banana: flowers Darnit, why are all the active (and attractive!) ladies across t'other side of the ocean ohwell

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 08:20 PM
The profile looks fine but I'd retype it without capslock. All capitals is usually seen as shouting online.

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 08:15 PM
Edited by PaganRaven on Sun 09/20/09 08:16 PM
To the OP, I think I'm on the wrong side of the ocean flowerforyou
Seriously, you look very fine and I'm sure you will be a hit.

Raven

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 08:09 PM
Nice work happy

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 07:57 PM

Q: What does it mean when a baby is born with teeth?
A: It means that the baby's mother may want to rethink her plans to nurse.

That was me! My mum looked at me and said "I'm not breastfeeding THAT!" Yeah, we got off to a great start noway laugh

PaganRaven's photo
Sun 09/20/09 07:28 PM

Noooo..."I" have made a fool of me...not freakin' love...

Well said. I've made a fool of myself more times than I want to remember, often when I thought I was in love. But I did it, not love

Previous 1