Community > Posts By > rmconversion

rmconversion's photo
Fri 02/17/17 07:52 PM
No date tonight.

A nice dinner and melodrama show would be nice though.

rmconversion's photo
Wed 02/15/17 09:44 AM

I have to pee. lol

X2....... every morning! Some things cain't wait ya know.

rmconversion's photo
Wed 02/08/17 06:25 PM
A prepared grocery store salad with a seasoned baked chicken breast.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 01/26/17 03:08 PM
Black t-shirt, grey shorts, black shoes, white socks, and...........

for me to know:tongue:

rmconversion's photo
Tue 01/24/17 07:07 PM
I prefer bourbon. laugh

rmconversion's photo
Tue 01/24/17 07:03 PM
Seems some of the funniest things in life are true. bigsmile

rmconversion's photo
Mon 01/23/17 09:22 AM

Top Ten reasons why Men prefer guns over Women:

#10. You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9. You can keep one gun at home and have another for
when you're on the
road.

#8. If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he
will probably let you
try it out a few times.

#7. Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another
gun for a backup.

#6. Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of
ammo.

#5. A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4. Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3. A gun doesn't ask , "Do these new grips make me
look fat?"

#2. A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you
use it.

And the number one reason a gun is favored over a
woman....

#1. YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN

Max Ma on

An oldie but a goodie. :thumbsup:

A few more.

A gun doesn't need a bunch of new stuff every time you take it to a formal shooting event

You can lock up a gun in a safe for weeks at a time and it will not cry or have you arrested.

rmconversion's photo
Sat 01/21/17 08:04 AM
I used to drink Jack. Now I am a Bourbon drinker. I have 2 suggestions that I have not seen listed. Evan Williams Black is a very affordable good Bourbon for mixing. Bulleit Bourbon is my favorite and I love it for special times and drink it cold and neat. I introduced it to a friend and his wife. For me Bulleit is so good I would never harm it by mixing but they love it for making Mint Julep's. Of course taste varies but as you listed Makers and Beam you might give them a try. And the derby season for Mint Julep's will be starting in the not to distant future.

I do not drink much beer. I do from time to time go to Kansas City for Arthur Bryant's BBQ. I enjoy a cold Boulevard Pale Ale. Just not the same when I buy the bottles at my local liquor store though.

rmconversion's photo
Tue 01/17/17 07:06 PM
I had my flu shot months ago. No effects this year. Last year I had muscle aches.

Hope you get better soon.

When I'm sick I like to be alone. Best that way as I am grouchy when I hurt.

Right now my hands and knees hurt, but they always hurt. Nothing bad I'm not used to but I'm used to a lot these days.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 01/12/17 12:53 PM
Yup, I'm here. Not really a match for you though. Both of my sons are 10 or more years older than you.

Take your time and keep looking. I have meet women through this site. Many I have just messaged through this site and did not go anywhere. A few I have actually gone out with. And I am currently seeing someone from this site. Not sure where it will go but I'm not looking for a wife just a friend to go places with instead of going alone.

Go slow. Watch out for scammers.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 01/12/17 12:34 PM
Sure nuff do.

rmconversion's photo
Wed 01/04/17 09:53 AM
Old Yeller; Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/29/16 05:59 PM
I don't mind meeting folks if it is something I can go to in a t-shirt and blue jeans. I don't mind most stuff where I can dress like that. If it is a dress up kind of deal I just don't go. Of course there are exceptions. But very few. That is who I am and if others have a problem with it, then it is not my problem and I can not care any less. I can only be me. If I try to be something else it would be fake and not go well.

rmconversion's photo
Wed 12/28/16 04:54 PM
Edited by rmconversion on Wed 12/28/16 05:28 PM
Had a guy recommend the Springfield 1911 and when the employee at my pistol range did also I rented a Range Officer. Nice pistol and very accurate I just had some trouble with control for some reason. I shot way better with my Smith model 13 double action. And just a smidge worse with my new model Vaquero single action(grips are to small for me). For some reason my Glock 19 is the only pistol I have that will shoot close to my model 13. Although my RIA compact 1911 (or officers model) comes close. I just need adjustable sights on it or buy a sight pusher.

rmconversion's photo
Wed 12/28/16 04:42 PM
When I was in the service I would run 4 miles to get ready for our 3 mile test. After I came out I ran off and on till an injury put an end to that. Bicycle is as close as I can get to it now. I never competed on a track though.

rmconversion's photo
Sat 12/24/16 07:48 PM
When the 10mm first came out it looked really good to me. I knew a guy who was approved to carry one. He did a lot of testing with it. An HK maybe. Not really sure but there were problems. So he switched to something else. I have read that now a days the 10mm is loaded down close to 40 S&W or a ways down from what it came out at to achieve reliability. I don't know the details. Just what my broken down old rememberer, remembers. Seems to me that some folks make hot 10mm ammo but like 9mm+p ammo a lot of folks say not to use it.

Thing is a pistol has to be tuned for a narrow range of pressure to function properly. To much or to little and you have problems. Now a revolver is a whole different thing. I can load my ammo way down to where the bullet is going so slow it will tumble and key hole the target. I also have super hot 300 gr. .45 LC data that will only safely fire from my 94 Winchester or my old model Vaquero.

I really like a revolver. .357 is my favorite. I can load and shoot .38 spl. at the range and have .357 magnum power for carry. When I camp in the mountains or desert I carry at least 2 with me. The .357 for a rabid small varmint. And the Vaquero with the super hot .300 gr. loads for Black Bear. Of course lots of folks like .44 mag.

But as I get older my hands have trouble shooting a double action revolver at the range for more than a half hour or so. So I'm in search of a nail driving range pistol, and like you I do like the 1911 style. That Kimber really looks good.

rmconversion's photo
Mon 12/19/16 05:51 PM
I need to get out to shoot a lot more than I do. I have meet and gone out with someone through this site but so far I have not found anyone to go shooting with.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/16/16 06:06 PM
Welcome. Good luck to you. I have meet several friends on this site. It takes a while. Some on this board and am going out and spending time with one in my town.

rmconversion's photo
Fri 12/16/16 05:57 PM
I have another one. It even mentions this story in it. I can post it if anyone would care to read it. This type of thing has a small group of folks who primitive camp and travel so I understand if the humor is not seen as such.

rmconversion's photo
Thu 12/15/16 07:47 PM
This is a humorous account I wrote for a friends off-road news letter. A bit long but I hope you like it.

Some years ago I went with some folk's on their first time offroading trip in Colorado. Now these folks had been off-roading in ORV parks and camping in state parks. One was a hunter who shot and killed wild game. The other had his girlfriend along. But they had never been off-roading in Colorado and wanted some one around who had been there before. One area I like to visit is St. Elmo, CO. It is an easy one day drive from my home in KS. It has levels of off-roading from easy to vehicle damage likely. There are plenty of old buildings, lots of history and amazing views. My favorite is from the top of Mt. Antero trail. On this trip the folks wanted to camp in a forest service campground. Most times I go up on Tin Cup Pass road above St. Elmo to camp. We ended up in the Iron City campground just outside St. Elmo. We found 2 empty campsites together and paid for both. I put my tent up near the parking area just a few feet from my truck. The others put tents up in designated level spots down a slope away from the dirt road through the campground. That evening we sat around the campfire and I was feeling the altitude and turned in early. The others stayed up talking and drinking adult beverages. Now have you ever forgotten about something? I did once back in 98. I had been camping in the mountains for about 3 years at that time but I forgot and left my ice chest outside the truck. I awoke at first light with raccoons helping themselves to my food. I ran them off and learned a cheap lesson. I still had most of my food and have never made that mistake again. Well it seems the hunter had forgotten his ice chest was on his car trailer about 50 feet from my tent. They all turned in and fell asleep. I awoke about 1:00 AM to the sound of wildlife in an ice chest. Now I knew my ice chest had been in the back of my truck. If wildlife had taken it out of my truck I was not going to argue with it. I rolled over to go back to sleep. Next thing I hear is a whispery voice calling my name. "Jack. Jack, are you awake". So I answered "Yup, I am now". So the voice tells me there is a bear out there. Now my first thought was to say "No kidding? We are camped in the Colorado mountains and there is a bear out there? Who would of guessed?" But I didn't. I just lacked the words to respond. So then I'm asked if I have a gun. "Sure, do you want it?" I ask. The voice replies his gun is in his truck and he did want one. So I dig out my 45 Long Colt revolver and hand it to him with a caution that I has lightened springs in it. Now that he is armed he starts to dance with the bear. So I get dressed and out of the tent to see what is going on. After about 20 minutes we are successful in getting the bear to go around our campsite. Now the hunter had deer jerky and special steaks and all kinds of good stuff in the ice chest. The bear had eaten it all. This bear was good. It had even pealed the Lunchables without shredding them. Now this had rattled my friend. And I soon found out why we had to dance with the bear and get him out of our campsite. My friend picked up the trash and empty ice chest and put them in his truck. Then he went to his tent and removed his sleeping bag and put it in his truck. That was where he slept the rest of this trip in the mountains, curled up next to his semi auto .22 long pistol. Now that bear visited our campsite every night. Seems he was a creature of habit and worked the campground from top to bottom. He really did not want to go around our campsite that first night. One night he rubbed my tent. The last day of the trip my hunter friend left for home. I stayed in the campground with my other friend and his girlfriend . When the bear visited again that night some other folks down the way from us were up dancing with the bear. I'm trying to ignore as much of it as I can and get back to sleep when another whispery voice outside my tent says, "Jack. Jack, are you awake". So I answer and am told the bear is back and others are dancing with it. I ask if my friend wants a gun. He says yes. So I give it to him and hope I can go back to sleep. The voice tells me the folks dancing with the bear that night had a bunch of guns and he was afraid they would shoot at the bear and hit him or his girlfriend in his tent. I told him to move to his truck and sleep in the back of it, if that made him feel safer. So they did. The other folks were still dancing with the bear. Seems the plan was to run the bear completely out of the campground. After my friend had
moved and was settled in his truck, the bear was shot with a flare gun. Now that could have started a forest fire and was not a real good idea. And it really made the bear mad. The bear came back up through the campground to just above our campsite. The bear had already emptied an ice chest up there. He would voice his displeasure at being shot with a flare gun and swat that ice chest sending it bouncing off trees. He repeated this a half dozen times. I finally got to sleep and the next morning we packed up to leave at our scheduled time. We noticed the folks below us had left during the night but a tent was left behind. That tent had belonged to a lady who had told us she was a native to Denver and knew all about camping. As we left we saw the other side of the tent was shredded. I would bet Mrs. Denver camper had put food in that tent.

Previous 1 3 4