Community > Posts By > laura329

laura329's photo
Sun 06/26/11 09:16 PM
Hope you find the sameness that you seem to be searching for in your writing. Maybe then you will control your freedom. Contradictory thoughts but it did make me contemplate. thanks!

laura329's photo
Sun 06/26/11 09:02 PM
I love the pic that you added.It was the visual completion of the mood you had created with words. Made me sigh. I could almost hear the music. Thank you.

laura329's photo
Sun 06/26/11 08:50 PM
I cannot tell you how much I need to read your poem knowing how much meaning it has to both of you!!! What an inspiration for the rest of us! My thanks is my wish that you both never lose the passion and the love that you feel today!flowers

laura329's photo
Sun 06/26/11 08:37 PM
I agree with Ainjel...wow...

laura329's photo
Sat 06/25/11 07:33 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts of wisdom. Why do we feel that we have to be strong every minute of everyday? The wonderful thing is to have people around you that will help you when you fall and let you help them when they do. Two greatest needs in life is to be heard and needed. Thank you for listening. L

laura329's photo
Sat 06/25/11 02:44 PM
The happiest of memories from childhood fill me now with sadness and regret; the paths not chosen; the places I could have gone; the people I should have met.
Like the child’s fable…never finding my goose which would lay the golden egg; it is a rocky barren road on which I now travel.
Life is harsh, a simply stated fact. Full of liars, cheaters and selfishness; nice guys truly do finish last.
You can never let anyone know that you are down. Always waiting on the sideline, with stone in hand, is someone waiting for your weakest moment, throwing it then-is the plan.
At what point do you get up or do you just stay down…laying there hoping to be left unseen; ignored and never found.
I’m at a crossroads on my barren path; green and beautiful to my right; the never ending rocks and nothingness to my left.
Is the path to my right, just an illusion? Would it be kind to me during my walk and forgive the intrusion?

laura329's photo
Fri 03/26/10 12:08 PM
Friends often make the best romantic couples. Give her time to realize that the support a partner provides you, is one of the most needed dynamics in a relation.
It's all in the interpretation-"new guy" may not find her to be perfect in the long term. So don't give up!

laura329's photo
Fri 03/26/10 11:57 AM
Whatever Magoo!shades

laura329's photo
Wed 03/24/10 09:01 AM
I miss the power that only a woman has…
…to excite a man
…to feel his need build and build
…to be in control of fulfilling that need
…to feel his release deep within me
…to know that the union between man and woman is completed

And this moment, this moment that so closely defines our souls, does it ever reach that point where it is complete? Does it ever offer opportunities grow deeper, not from passion but from a burning passion . . . the kind that rekindles each moment we see one another? I can borrow phrases from laureates that could tell my story better than I ever could but there would be no feelings. My story is one where I discover you tomorrow though I’ve journeyed through the past with you. I am still in awe of you and this, this thing greater than your touch is what completes me.

What I have is… endless doubts about my femininity
…fear of will he find another who can give him, what I so obviously cannot
…a battle within me to hold onto what little remaining self-esteem I own
…a resignation that this is how the rest of my life will play out
…a deep sadness and acceptance that the rest of my life will lack passion

This lack of passion you feel, this burning desire to please me is what keeps me strong. It is what, though you will never know, assures me that I am alive and that what I do is right. I want you, your touch that is, but life cripples my loins; I am the struggle now. I am the possibility that I cannot allow; the absence of necessities. I am sleepless nights of thoughts and prayers; knowing your life is my hands as we struggle. I want to touch you, taste you, and make love to you. But I live in darkness, allowing the verge of anticipated fear engulf my presence. I am a father, and a lover, I am a man . . . all things designed by God that dictates my thoughts to travel the path of survival. I’ve let you down though I’ve tried to lift you up. Seemingly that to succeed I must choose between failure and fault; I am afraid today, I am afraid of tomorrow.

What is life without passion? hope? desire?
Especially when those very things are exactly what had always defined you.

Passion, hope, and desire . . . they exist each time I walk out the door praying that I return with something worthy of your hopes. They exist each time I kneel to pray; to give thanks to God for your love. They exist, even when you do not realize it.
How do we lose ourselves? Even when we are looking at our own reflection in the mirror.
We don’t because we have faith and that is greater than doubt. Our time is now, not because we do not have but because we do have . . . each other.

What makes one mask worn, any more important than another?
Is it the mother, daughter, sister, wife, lover or friend the most important?

Or is always the missing mask, the most important one?!
No mask meant to be worn is more important than or worth less than the one we wear now. It is the mask that reflects our mood that defines our fragility. Yet it defines our strength. What you may not know is that the mask I wear is the one I thought I had to wear so that you would not doubt who we were; one soul struggling yet living.
I love you.

laura329's photo
Sun 10/18/09 05:51 AM
Edited by laura329 on Sun 10/18/09 06:26 AM

Forgiveness

If I asked,
when you were hurt
and your tears flowed steadily to pain’s rhythmic ache,
would you?

Would you forgive me?

If I asked,
though the confusion
of the darkest side love
is as bright as the rising sun,
would you?

Would you forgive me?

When the secrets that seem to lie in my every word
dance within your every thought;
who
why
when and for how long.
Would you?

Would you forgive me,
even when my truths are doubts earned
and our kisses no longer feel the same?
Would you forgive me,
even when my touch becomes a strangers embrace
and our words fall silent; drifting into the folds of time and memories.
Would you forgive me?

If,
when you’re alone,
forgive me?
If you knew I never meant to touch her.
If you knew I never meant to hold her.
If you knew I never wanted to make love with her.
Would you forgive me?

If I asked,
when you were hurt
and your tears flowed steadily to pain’s rhythmic ache; and I apologized,
would you?

Forgiven

My tears flowed steadily to pain's rythymic ache...
and yet I forgave you.

Through the confusion of the darkest side of love, the war within my heart was a battle in which I could not understand who I was fighting for...the victor or the retreating defeated..does the sun ever rise to shine brightly on such a day??? and yet...
I forgave you.

The doubts that plague my mind begin to fade. Does it matter any longer who, for how long, why and when. Does that part truly matter? She could be faceless but she is not...
I forgave you.

Is there truth in your words-how can I be sure when those same words have left me with nothing but doubts...will your kisses ever feel the same; will your touch comfort me with the familiarity of a lovers embrace...or will they be stronger and more meaningful because we've endured. Can the silence that we hear, be the silence of forgiveness?

Did you really mean to touch her? Was it really her you wanted to hold in your arms? Was it love that you made with her? How can I ever really know? Do I even really need to know.......

As the tears flow steadily down my cheeks and the apology is falling from your lips...
You are forgiven.

1 2 3 4 6 Next