Community > Posts By > DelMac1982

DelMac1982's photo
Sun 01/08/17 05:32 PM
Am I the only one that still uses a Game Boy? I like it.

nope I still have a Game Boy and use it and it's not one of newer ones it's one of the first ones even thought I do have the Game Boy Advance as well.

DelMac1982's photo
Sun 01/08/17 05:15 PM
ahh right see what you mean now the roads are really bad wouldn't mind driving a Model T on them though, back in the 1913 or 1914 just after the Grid plant in Manchester England was opened the Ford Agent in Edinburgh drove a model T up Ben Nevis to show a Model T can go anywhere.

DelMac1982's photo
Sun 01/08/17 04:58 PM
There are some good guys on hear that are actually interested in courting like myself but you usaly find more guys that are only interested in one thing those guys just give most guys a bad name.

Personally I go for personality over looks or sex and I am hear to find someone for who they are.

it may take a while to find a nice guy but hope you find what your looking for.
Del

DelMac1982's photo
Thu 12/01/16 05:59 PM
I don't think that car is a Model T at all going by the Radiator cowling the early T's had a radiator cowling like this http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Ford/15-Ford_Model_T_Touring-DV-08_GMG_02.jpg

and the late Model T's had a radiator cowling like this http://strongarmsprays.com/SitePages/USAGES/27TModel/Images/ArrivalAdmiration.jpg

the one on the car in that picture is rounded but also steps up into another rounded section before the filler neck.

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/22/16 03:59 AM
I had to sell all but one when i moved to Costa Rica.
Still have my Classic Range Rover . And I am already on the lookout for more

Used to cater for all British classic cars but here I do only Land Rover. The roads are too bad for MGs and Jaguars here.

If you had ever been on the Old Rest & Be Thankful in Scotland before it was tarmacs a few years ago it was just a bumpy, stone, dirt track that was used for Vintage and classic car runs I had my 1938 MG SA up that a few times and it handled the bad road well.

DelMac1982's photo
Mon 11/21/16 03:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the poem Del. Reminded me of the days when I drove my dad's 30 model A pickup that I helped him restore.

No problem, I have drove both of my uncle's Model T's and am considering buying one myself but might go for the late Model T instead of an early ones like my uncle has.

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/15/16 05:38 PM
I have had about 3 or 4 messages today and they asked for my email so I gave them this email cybercrime@policescotland.co.uk
if you know the email address to your local area cyber crime division for the police just give them that email

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/15/16 03:29 PM
Now that is what i call a car we used to have a 60's Bentley S3, the PAS was that light you could turn the wheel with your pinky.

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/15/16 03:18 PM

What is with the onslaught of emails today....and from men who are 20+ or less younger than me. What is the scam? Does anyone know? I would go for 10 years younger but most are beyond that.

It's a free international site. Delete, block and report if they get nasty, and move on with life.

Totally Agree

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/15/16 03:16 PM
Well as some of you my know i am Vintage and Classic car owner & enthusiast, I also write articles for www.autosaur.com though i have not been writing much on there this year.

I was just wondering if there where any other Vintage and Classic car owners and enthusiasts here on mingel2.

My passion for vintage and classic cars started as a young boy as my 2 uncles and father used to own a Wedding Car Hire Business and we used vintage & classic cars so i have learned a lot about British cars over the years.

If you would like to know more about my love for vintage cars please read my article How Growing Up In A Workshop Started My Love Affair With Vintage Cars at http://www.autosaur.com/vintage-cars-growing-up

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/15/16 01:10 PM
Yes your right the left hand pedal is the Hi/Low gear, Middle pedal is Reverse Gear and right is Brake, The handbrake only engages and disengages the Hi gear,as when the left pedal is up its in high gear with the hand brake fully released, if the hand brake is half way up the brakes are released and Hi gear is set to neutral or disengaged.

You can however fit foot throttle which makes driving one a bit more easy.

DelMac1982's photo
Tue 11/15/16 01:00 PM
It is an android app i have, i could not find a way to log out but i uninstalled the app then reinstalled it and it asked me to log in and since then it has been working, Thanks Del

DelMac1982's photo
Mon 11/14/16 12:16 PM
hi I singed up for a premium Membership though the mingle 2 website why had it not activated the premium features on the mobile app as well

DelMac1982's photo
Mon 11/14/16 12:14 PM
Nice job.

For years now I've been seriously thinking of dumping my modern, computer controlled, fuel injected, half plastic piece of crap, and trading it in for a nice old fashioned, easy to work on Model T or A.

If you have never drove a model T before it can be a bit difficult if your used to driving a modern car, the pedal setup is completely different to a modern car there is no gas/accelerator pedal. I did an article about the model T on Autosaur.com a few years ago and I put in a section on how to start and drive a model t in that article. hear is link for information on driving the model T https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.autosaur.com/iconic-model-t-ford/amp/

DelMac1982's photo
Sat 11/05/16 06:38 AM
Men who are truly interested in you will read your profile there are some guys that just glance over them and send a message to see who responds.

DelMac1982's photo
Fri 11/04/16 09:30 PM
Thanks it's ment to be one of those quirky pomes to make you laugh

DelMac1982's photo
Fri 11/04/16 04:28 PM
I am vintage and classic car enthusiast and used to write articles for Autosaur, well i did one about my uncles Model T ford and the joy and fun of the car and put it into a poem which went like this.

Tin Lizzie

She’s not very fast but she’s from the past, she’s not even one of the last.

Everywhere we go we have a blast…but we won’t get there very fast.

Tin Lizzie, you’re so old, sometimes even cold,
I don’t mind that you’re old but don’t give me the cold.

Oh we have such fun even though you weigh a ton,
We all have so much fun out on our runs.

Tin Lizzie was made in nineteen ten,
may have been made for a Ken or Ben.

All over Scotland we have been, and you always get seen,
At shows and runs we will go…I am always keen.

But oil you have poured…because you’re a Model T Ford.

DelMac1982's photo
Fri 11/04/16 04:06 PM
Hey all new on M2 so thought i would check out the forums, Yes i am single and ready to mingle. Ladies please have a look at my profile, new to online dating so any advice or information to add to my profile would be gratefully appreciated.