Llana's photo
Thu 12/31/09 05:44 AM
Happy new year!!!!!!

Llana's photo
Tue 12/29/09 04:54 AM
I wish that He would grant my wish.:angel:

Llana's photo
Sun 12/27/09 08:06 AM

So have you gone sleeping earlier than ever some time? Like, going to sleep at 8 or 9pm? How did you feel in the morning? Did you also wake up early? How was it like getting up at 4:00 or 4:30 in the morning, when you would normally get up at 6 or 7?

The earliest time I go to bed these days is 11pm. Usually I go to bed past midnight.It would be really great again to sleep at 8pm.I used to sleep as early as that and i felt really refreshed in the morning.

Yep I hear you! Once i was really sick for several days but the last day I fell asleep at 7pm. I was up at 3 in the morning! Completely refreshed and healed, I just couldnt figure out what to do with my energy. LOL, but at noon, I felt like the day supposed to be over!

Yeah, I got a problem of going to sleep late, maybe i change that. Back in the day when i was in the military, the latest going to sleep was around 10pm and I had no choice but to get up at 4am every day. Did that for 6 years. Not every day but almost, then i worked for UPS as a part time job while going to college, so I would be up at 3:30am, working until 9am, then go home and shower and leave to college at 11am.
Come home at 7 -8pm, go to sleep at 9 and rinse and repeat for 4 years.

So you were able to watch the sunrise for 4 years? But that was really a good habit. Your body was able to detoxify.The peak function of our liver to detoxify toxins is from 11pm-2am..So that means I have a lot of toxins.lol!

Llana's photo
Sun 12/27/09 07:51 AM

Why i cant find any one the way i want.

Maybe the more you look for it, the more it slips away from you. Just like a butterfly...The more you chase, the more it flies away..But if you just stay still, it willingly comes and sit on your hand.. You're still young. Just try to be happy and improve your life the best possible way u can.Though we all need somebody to spend the rest of our lives with, marriage doesn't necessarily complete you. Happiness comes from within.

Llana's photo
Sat 12/26/09 10:15 PM

So have you gone sleeping earlier than ever some time? Like, going to sleep at 8 or 9pm? How did you feel in the morning? Did you also wake up early? How was it like getting up at 4:00 or 4:30 in the morning, when you would normally get up at 6 or 7?

The earliest time I go to bed these days is 11pm. Usually I go to bed past midnight.It would be really great again to sleep at 8pm.I used to sleep as early as that and i felt really refreshed in the morning.

Llana's photo
Sat 12/26/09 12:38 AM
Dreams are sometimes the reflection of what is in our subconscious. So if you dream about something, it could be the reflections of your fears and worries or sometimes the hidden desires you cant express when you are conscious.

Llana's photo
Sat 12/19/09 04:16 AM
Edited by Llana on Sat 12/19/09 04:18 AM
I often hear "Everything has a purpose" or "Everything happens for a reason"..It's kinda weird though why sometimes we cant see the purpose of that situation,or thing..But it's just a comfort thinking about it..thinking that it has a purpose..Meaning we should appreciate whatever it is..

Llana's photo
Sat 11/21/09 04:47 AM

just curious as to if the guy just wants a fling, why not go to bar and pick up a woman that wants the same? kinda thought a dating site was for ....dating, getting to know someone, finding out what you have in common, not for meaningless sex, if a woman sees a guy with a no shirt pic, it kinda makes them think hes just on here for sex, and maybe thats why all the guys are on here, and dont that kinda ruin it for all the nice guys?

U got a point there Ma'am..
and most girls are attracted more to what they have in common with them than their six-pack abs.

Sooooooooooo Not true!

it's your opinion..but that's what I believe so.

Llana's photo
Sat 11/21/09 04:38 AM

If you searching for a true love, we from the philippines is the one your looking for! We don't have a beautiful face, as an American women have, we're not fluent in your language, but we are willing to learn, we're not a perfect dream girl that you've wanted, but one thing that I could bragging about us, we have faith in God, and we can be a good wife as many men were looking for!

God bless

You underestimate yourselves :smile: you have some stunning women there, and even the average women is pretty, if you think that ALL american women are prettier than you you are sadly mistaken. there are for the most part more beautiful pinay's then americans - don't judge by what you see on tv or magazines, that is only a small percentage of the women here 5% at most. Besides, beauty is in the eye's of the beholder :smile: no one is going to find the "perfect girl" here or elsewhere - just one that is right for you and your life and dreams if your lucky. Your faith in god is neither a plus or a minus, it is merely the way you've been raised (which i highly admire)but would not be a deciding issue for a wife.
Whether i fall in love with a nun or a pagan is secondary to me:tongue: - it is what is in the heart that matter's to me. The attitude of life and how it is lived and enjoyed. " GOOD WIFE" yes you can brag on that all you want to flowerforyou there is no doubt because of yur upbringing and strong family values you may lead the world in good values.not all but most - there are alway's a percentage of bad apples every where :cry: I hope other's take from your message here Ms. pinay, your certainly worth their time and effort's

most sincerely - sam / tribo
flowerforyou flowerforyou

Definitely!:smile: those who are beautiful for some may not be beautiful for others. I think we still haven't freed ourselves from colonial mentality that's why most of us think westerners look better than us...Our elders especially believe ( and they make us believe too)that if somebody is mestiza or mestizo,they look good...(but,when these mestizas and mestizos go to western countries they just look ordinary.)
It's a sad thing that we should try to change.You are beautiful if you believe that you are.

Llana's photo
Sat 11/21/09 04:02 AM
not very big muscles with the veins bulging..i find them creepy..just like keanu reeves' is ok.

Llana's photo
Thu 11/19/09 06:44 AM
It's false.We had a self defense training during our orientation in the hospital.That was to teach us how to defend ourselves when somebody attacks us. The hospital management thinks hospital employees,especially female nurses have to learn this because we usually go home late at night. The trainer taught us that the most important thing actually is not your size and strength, but presence of mind.
But...if you want to excel in martial arts it needs years of training and continuous practice. If you quit, you would also slowly lose your flexibility.
I like Lucy Liu and Uma Thurman.They're really good at it.

Llana's photo
Wed 11/18/09 09:05 AM

I thank you for your support. It will be hard too trust again because it's alway about money. or a stepping stone to the USA or what ever countrymen they choose. I like the culture of the Philippines and and a women who wants a simple life not arguing over money.....Just and nice low maintenance filipina. The problem is!! do they exist? I now many Philipina's that are friends of mine here in the US tat are true to their American husbands. They have great respect for one another.

I have a home in the Philippines in Dumaguete City. I really want too come there and live maybe meet someone like what I have said above.

Trying too keep the FAITH, Alan

Yes they exist. A lot of Filipinas I know have intact values system. You just have to be careful when you pick next time. And as what one of the members here had posted, you must know the person very well before you make a commitment.. So sorry for what happened to you..

Llana's photo
Sun 11/15/09 05:31 AM

been on a couple dating sites and wonder why alot of the guys feel the need to post pics without their shirt on, is this a macho male thing? or just guys looking for a one night stand , even though their profiles say looking for long term? very confusing.

Meh. They are just trying to show off the goods. They want to make sure that the females out there know they don't have any fat rolls or man boobs.

Whats wrong with "Man Boobs"???rant smokin

LOL!laugh they look like moms

Llana's photo
Sun 11/15/09 05:28 AM

just curious as to if the guy just wants a fling, why not go to bar and pick up a woman that wants the same? kinda thought a dating site was for ....dating, getting to know someone, finding out what you have in common, not for meaningless sex, if a woman sees a guy with a no shirt pic, it kinda makes them think hes just on here for sex, and maybe thats why all the guys are on here, and dont that kinda ruin it for all the nice guys?

U got a point there Ma'am..
and most girls are attracted more to what they have in common with them than their six-pack abs.

Llana's photo
Sun 11/15/09 05:15 AM

Sadly...a man like that has serious problems...alcohol is more than likely involved. People whom are abusive slowly tend to escalate in their behaviors- getting more abusive physically and verbally.
Now that she is taking a stand- he is going to show more of himself because bullies/cowards cannot take being turned down or stood up to.
A restraining order is needed immediately.
Here in Nevada- there is a place called 'Safe Nest'. Women and children go there to get out of their abusive relationship and away from such people. The program places women in residences and gives career couseling, therapy and job placement if available. It's address is unknown so the men cannot show up and start trouble. She needs to get into a program of some sort quickly. Unfortunately, she may have to move to get away from him, even out of state.
I lived in Gainesville and St Pete, the good ol' boy mentally is rampant there including the police. I was in the sit only 1x in my life and when the police arrived...they wanted to arrest me also because I had scratched him under his eye and altho beaten up pretty badly because I was trying to get away from him. They knew him from being from there and I was a ex NYer also...they didn't like my attitude, as him. MAYBE things have changed since then and G. is probally a place it has but she does need to get out of that situation before someone gets hurt seriously.. guys like that do not simply just walk away! I did and it was the only time a man hit me in my life. No One, and I mean no one! loves you if they beat you and they simply do not just say "I will never do it again' unless they really get into some serious anger management and behavior modification program like Rational-Emotive Therapy for one. And she should not be around while he is doing it. If he sincerely wants to be with his family- he will do all he can and then they could tenatively try it again- but she needs to take herself and children out of harms way asap.
And if she cannot do it for herself..because she 'loves' him...she needs to think/put the children first, they will be messed up for years-may be permanently from seeing/receiving it themselves. A little therapy looks in order also for her for staying as long as she has...she may have grown up in that sort of family herself and needs to learn to tell herself "the buck stops here".

This is very informative advice.I agree..Women should break the cycle of violence before it totally breaks them.And yes,the abusive behavior escalates as time goes by so don't just believe him if he says "I really love you.I will never do that again". These abusers need professional help...and alcoholism is a big contributing factor to violence.Most alcoholics are in denial.They dont accept that there's something wrong with them.

Llana's photo
Sun 11/15/09 05:10 AM
Edited by Llana on Sun 11/15/09 05:14 AM

Llana's photo
Sun 11/15/09 04:55 AM
battered women have the so called "battered Wife syndrome"..they get caught in a cycle of violence..i think for us women,before we get caught in this cycle,we have to know how to stop it right from the very beginning.Dont let the battery happen to you twice..you have to set limits or else it will break your spirits and you wont have any energy to be free from it. Most victims feel helpless and dependent to the abuser,so I also recommend that women should empower themselves by having jobs of their own and maintain a support system.
The abuser needs professional help too.People who abuse others also have low self esttem,so they use violence to feel powerful and increase their self esteem.

Llana's photo
Sun 11/15/09 04:36 AM
my sincerity and constant effort to be always better.:wink: