Community > Posts By > Donaya

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 04:53 PM

But what people like me that just lurk around and read posts and such but never post, I mean I'm a crazy shy person D:

no worries, greetings, and welcome...drinker

Ahh Ha! There you are you handsome little Schitt!
Hiya Vinney~ winking

no photo
Wed 02/03/10 07:24 PM
Fabulous dessert dish! Thanks for sharing~

no photo
Wed 01/20/10 07:06 AM
Thank you CreativeSoul, JeanieBean, and MetalWing!

Now THAT’S efficient effort worth reading! Simple, fluent, and useful.

no photo
Tue 01/19/10 10:31 PM

Thank you, Donaya, for sharring your personal experience with Intuition -- I agree with you completely: intuition has nothing to do with the mind. More specifically, not with the conscious mind, but rather with the Subconscious mind (if you're aware of such nonesence, LOL!) As I mentioned on Page 1:

INTUITION {I} (a gut feeling/instinct, a hunch, a 6th sense) IS a hidden resource that most of people seem to possess, but apparently don’t employ on a regular basis as, for instance, reading, writing, speaking. All of those activities are intellectual in nature -- rooted in Thinking. Consequently, an {I} must have something in common with Intellectual capability and/or Knowledge (?) However, it isn’t exactly appear to be the Knowledge in itself (i.e. a learnt, stored Information), but rather an AWARENESS of the Information which hasn't been stored and/or learnt previously! (although, it’s doubtful whether perceiving anything is possible without at least an idea of what the Information is about...-- thus, some familiarity with the subject matter would be necessary!) Nevertheless, {I} is not the same as Knowledge! ***In fact, even the dictionary defines Knowledge and Reason as ANTONIMS to Intuition (which is defined as The act or faculty of knowing or sensing without the use of rational processes; immediate cognition of something not evident or deducible ”)!!!
...etc.

Therefore, it pays reading the thread from the beginning, rather then answering just the last post, and trying to enlighten us with, frankly, the obvious experience!!!
Nevertheless, your input is appreciated, and I expect you to contribute to the endeavor of "cracking the enigma", once you familiarize yourself with the previous posts...

Well, you’ve initiated a discussion on a topic that is a mystery to you. And frankly, watching you spin your wheels is exhausting.
Yes, I read your initial ramble… ”It is”, “It isn’t” - “it’s defined as, “but it’s doubtful”, back and forth, on and on. Seemed you couldn’t quite make up your mind. And trying to buckle it down to a solid mechanism is useless. It’s not an enigma to everyone.

And once I read through some of your egotistical insults to others, I decided your opinions weren’t worth reading any further.

On the contrary, it pays to show honorable consideration to others if you want to be taken seriously. And most importantly, it pays to show respect, if you want respect.

Carry on Princess Grace. The stage is yours my dear~

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 09:39 PM

the experience of doing the bad transforms...sometime it can not be undone and one can not revert back to good,

for example, a once law abiding citizen having to do illegal activity to survive..one time, perhaps he can revert...oftentimes however the power is so seductive that he keeps on doing it..in this case, he can not revert

roko

Keyword here being "seductive" - he still exercises a choice. And chooses to see it as the only way to survive - thus justifying it as Ok. Easy money, a free ride, snatching a $100 bill that a person has dropped - these are merely temptations, not absolute power. Once he refuses to be tempted, it's undone. Simple actually.

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 08:49 PM
In all my experiences with intuition, I've come to learn that intuition has nothing to do with the mind. It's outside of the mind. The mind is a tool that can actually sabotage intuition.

Intuition is a personal knowing that comes from instinct in a split second, without the need of conscious reasoning.
-It's that instant "feeling" that steered someone to stay home instead of go to work at the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.
-It's that instant knowing that the gorgeous guy who just said hello to you is trouble.

Harnessing it requires keeping the mind out of it.
-It's that "zone" that carries an athlete to win when he has nothing left. *They describe it as a slow motion.
-It's that "zone" that carries you through an accident to survive - that slow motion effect.

it's a lot of things. But it usually comes quick, and leaves us even quicker because we let out mind interrupt, and then we talk ourselves right out of it. LOL

no photo
Sun 01/17/10 06:08 PM
We've all done, said, or even thought bad things we regret or are ashamed of. But realizing it, and admitting it is half the battle. We're only humans exercising free will - if we were perfect, we would have earned our wings already and wouldn't have to come back here to learn anything!

I think forgiving yourself in the end is most important~

no photo
Sat 01/16/10 10:59 PM
It's just Hollywood cashing in on the latest buzz among philosophers of the Mayan calendar, Nostradamus' writings, Edgar Cayce's readings, and even calculations of Isaac Newton. Merely theories of what these calendars and writings mean.

First of all, the Mayan calendar(s) has nothing to do with time, nor the end of time. It's a system of keeping track of the flow of creation, and the evolution of our consciousness. Further, the calculation of Dec. 21, 2012 can be argued as well. Other calculations are Oct. 28, 2011, Isaac Newton says 2060, and who the heck really "knows" what Nostradamus meant!

Change, yes. The end of days, no. Ultimately, your intuition - which is intrinsic - is anyone's best bet.

no photo
Sat 01/16/10 08:20 PM
Nope...didn't bother. I had a feeling it would be another over-rated flick jumping on the paranormal bandwagon.

no photo
Sat 01/16/10 08:08 PM
I've been through many hurricanes in my hometown of NW Florida. There is always a period where you play the "sit and wait" game - it could look like it's coming straight for you, but then turn away at the last minute. Then again, it could look like it was heading east or west of you, then BAM! It turns and hits us directly. One thing I noticed since Hurricane Camille in the late 1960's was the activity of the frogs. They are everywhere and croaking like crazy before a hurricane hits us. My batting average has been dead on since paying attention to the frogs.

no photo
Sat 01/16/10 07:40 PM
Leftover mashed potatoes are a great thickener for anything! Other uses are topping of Shepard's Pie or meat pie, potato pancakes, potato omelets. Lots of breakfast uses:

Potato Cups
Press mashed potatoes into greased ramekins, coating the bottom and the sides about 1/4 inch thick. Crack an egg in the middle. Bake at 350* until the egg is cooked on top.

Mashed Potato Body Scrub
2 cups of mashed potatoes
1 cup sea salt
1 cup aloe vera juice
Apply the mixture to areas that need exfoliating

Foot Soak (good for cracked heals)
Thin the mashed potatoes with warm water as a foot soak.

Potatoes have drawing properties. Thus, a raw potato applied to the skin relieves swelling and inflammation. Eyes, feet, whatever. Also good on bruises and burns. Another cooking tip: When you've over seasoned a soup or liquid dish - it's too spicey. Throw in some peeled potatoes to draw out some of the spiciness. Then eat the potatoes too!

no photo
Sat 01/16/10 07:11 PM
For those who cringe at the thought of eating insects, I'm afraid that the Department of Health and Human Services has allowed a certain percentage of insect "fragments" into your food supply anyway.

What's called "Food Defect Action Levels" are measurements of what they deem as "natural and unavoidable" amounts of insects that pose "no harm or health hazard" for consumption.

Personally, I don't trust anyone but myself to measure my bug intake~

laugh

no photo
Fri 12/11/09 09:11 PM
On the contrary...that's more than "one person's" opinion. I won't vote for him again either.