Community > Posts By > bipolycrafter

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 02:35 PM
Don't know if anyone has posted this because I haven't read the whole thread, but The Unexplained in a podcast hosted by Howard Hughes. He also does the radio show edition but the link for the podcast website is http://www.theunexplained.tv/

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 02:31 PM
I would only do the remote viewing training stuff if it wasn't going to be abused which it can very easily be. In so many cases when people ask for remote viewing what they end up wanting is to screw people over in some way and to actually do stuff rather than quite literally viewing/observing what's happening.

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 02:27 PM
Agree with post 2. Especially in places like the UK US Canada etc, we're so often told that things we imagine aren't real but that's only because people can't also perceive them. Then at school we're told to make up a story then told it's obviously not real because we just made it up, but that's distorted as it is, because it has to exist at some point in order to make it up but it has to also exist to not exist. I used to be awake for hours talking to friends (who the people I lived with called invisible friends) and I have a stronger telepathic connection with animals than I do with humans although it still works. I have loads of things about animals but if I wrote about them all here I would probably write an essay.

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 02:18 PM
I think parallel universes probably exist given that at times I've said something to someone about this or that happening, but they've had a totally different experience than mine. Well the thought thing that showed up when reading some of the posts at the start of this topic was duh. Course they would be multiple universes if they're parallel. That's sort of the point. If there was only 1 universe there would be no parallelness at all because everyone would be having the same experience in probably the same order.

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 02:10 PM
Everyone but if I choose a dog I would choose a big dog like rotweiler or st burnard or maybe an alsation. Piranese mountain dogs are also very sweet I think.

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 02:06 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but does anyone know a good way to charge fairly for work like knitting/crochet when I make more stuff or cross-stitch things? I did see a formula tht said double the cost of materials and charge by the hour, but if I did that by the minimum wage here in the UK it would be ridiculaously expensive compared to similar things. Also I tend to watch or listen to stuff or talk to people as well while making things. Yay for pying attention to several things at once. I also know a lot of people just make things and sell it as a hobby so their pricing is much different. I also read that some people charge by the day but that's more for things like furniture but definitely an interesting way of doing it. I have heard too that price supposedly reflects the quality and my thing as well is I'm not making anything by machine for the most part so it normally takes a tonne of time to make or can do, especially if the things are more complicated and have patterns, but then there are also things like the hat I've written the pattern for that's pretty much mindless.
Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 01:40 PM
I think all the operating systems have their place, but I prefer to use mac over windows mainly because it has things like an e-mail client build in and you don't have to run around looking for an ssh client or ftp because it's already there. I find changing the keymap cam be more of a pain on the mac unless you put the input menu in the status menu or menu extras and there are very few games for mac compared to windows. Also I noticed the windows networking stack is weak because it wasn't designed for doing much more than office things, so when I talk to people who are using windows in a lot of cases the calls drop and I'm still sitting there. I like the command-line in a way better than GUI but again each has its place. I think there's nothing better than typing pacman -Syu and y to do the updates compared with going to the crapp store I mean app store or windows update whatever it's called these days and waiting an age to get them downloaded and installed.

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 01:28 PM
Hey everyone. I know this topic is old but found it on the top of the 3rd page of this category so thought I would bring it back to life. I mainly use the mac (haven't touched windows since October 2015) and have arch linux running on a VPS. I really want to put a talking version of arch on a loptop I've got sitting round here doing nothing but have always had issues with the crappy linova sound card. Sorry fo the spelling, but whenever I try and play more than 1 sound it hates it and turns everything else down despite the fact I set it to do nothing it doesn't obey the setting. I think there's also a menu of sorts that comes up after restarting the computer when I've tried to install the OS but don't know because I can't read it. I have tried other OS like ubuntu and a bit of slackware and I think debian, but arch is the one I've got on best with. I've had barely any problems with arch compared to the others but I know a lot of people swear by ubuntu or debian which ubuntu is derived from.

bipolycrafter's photo
Tue 02/28/17 01:17 PM
C for me as well. I've never quite been able to get the hang of linked lists though which is a shame. I came at things from a pretty weird way round I guess. I used ms Frontpage back in 2007 then got to wondering so what's this html thing that goes into designing web pages so learned html4 at the time in 2008. When I looked at what I had written in html and compared it to front page I realized it had generated twice what I had written to do the same job, so ever since then I've said to myself if you want something doing do it yourself. Around that time I also learned to do some scripting for the screen reader I was using on the computer and over the next couple of years I bounced between python and dark basic. Then between 2010 and probably last year I bounced between python c++ and c itself and c is the one I've really stuck with, because I figured well it all stems from there and it's cheaper and easier to write say
#include <stdio.h>
int main(){
printf("Good evening.\n");
return 0;}
than it is to do
#include <iostream>
int main(){
cout<<"This is so weird to type.\n";
return 0;}
I also know some php and mysql but working on that more because I want to write my online shop on my website rather than just using etsy.

bipolycrafter's photo
Mon 02/27/17 10:10 PM
The spiritual garden sounds useful. I don't have much of a garden here since my yard is all concrete, but do have some seeds I want to plant in pots. Thinking to wait until I find somewhere to move to until I plant them though. I like knitting, cross-stitch, I've recently started doing crochet as well. I'm trying to learn to use the sewing machine but can't get the hang of threading the ridiculously tiny needle with the flimsy needle threader. I much prefer hand-sewing but don't fancy hand-sewing curtains and things. I don't have any cristals round here but should get some at some point.

bipolycrafter's photo
Mon 02/27/17 09:09 PM
I know how that is. I barely resonate with any of my family since we have such different beliefs and when I do try and make new friends most people aren't interested in talking because they don't want to take the time to meditate and contemplate anything. I'm trying to find people with similar interests but I don't fit into one group really. Purely because I can't find anywhere to put it in my profile let's see ... I like knitting and making things in general, computer programming and technology stuff, reading and listening to philosophy podcasts, love animals and been vegetarian for over 10 years (wow physical time goes so quick yet so slowly) ... Oh and not that labels mean much but if I had to put labels on it I would say probably bisexual although lately wanting to find more women to be friends etc with and polyamorous. When I tell people bisexual or polyamorous they tend to run in the other direction if they haven't already.

bipolycrafter's photo
Mon 02/27/17 08:54 PM
I just joined and I doubt many of the profiles are real. This site says free, yet it also won't let me look at the profiles of the supposed matches on mutual match unless I upgrade. I uploaded a photo then went back to look and immediately 2 profiles were there. It's obvious people have nothing better to do than either sit there and click on everyone who uploads a photo, or else write bots to do so.