Community > Posts By > single_in_tampa

single_in_tampa's photo
Wed 04/04/12 04:47 PM
7 avenue in ybor city.

Park just north of the strip, on the north side of the old church and just south of i-4. the street there is made of red bricks. parking costs nothing. if you don't see a spot, wait for one. that's the cheapest, safest, closest place to put your car in a 50 mile radius of the strip. walk south from there, past hcc. if you turn right on 8th, you will be in centro ybor - the safest and least violent/dirty/dangerous/sexual part of Tampa's club scene. coffee, ice cream, burgers and pitas are available on the 1st floor. expensive bars and overpriced sushi are on the 2nd. the 3rd floor is rooftops, and the only thing up there is batman and darkness.

if you are white, go to "the castle". it's like a real life version of that place morpheus was introduced to neo for the first time in the matrix 1. it's goth and emo and leather and velvet and kinky. there is nothing wrong with non-whites going there: it's just that white people seem to go crazy for that atmosphere much more so than anyone else. two people were violently ****ing on a velvet couch at the edge of the 2nd story dance floor last time I was there. The bartenders are sexually ambiguous. Gay mixes with straight mixes with kinky mixes with Hannibal Lecter. It's a religious experience for anyone going for the first time.

if you prefer the club scene without the taint of goth culture, walk up and down 7th avenue. Stay within .5 miles west and 1 mile east of Centro. The projects are 1 mile west. The worst violence, poverty and desperation in south Florida are 2 miles East. If you explore either of those areas, you need to be poor, crazy or ready to die. I was lucky enough to be crazy. Thugs can smell crazy a mile away. We never have money and are always violent. If you don't meet that criteria, don't go to those areas.

ybor is sexual and fun and violent and dangerous and amazing and multicultural and historic and poor and rich. It's where homeless people walk the streets with Tampa's elite, billionaire middle-eastern tourists, Northern politicians and the freakiest of all the freaks in the US of A.

Experiencing Ybor is the black belt of clubbing in this country. If you're not comfortable walking the strip alone at 2am, you will die a virgin to true nightlife and the club scene on this continent.

Msg me if you want a guide. I'm poor in money but rich in experience with that area. Guides will tour you through ybor during the day, but I'm one of the only people willing and able to show you what Ybor is at night. Mardi Gras is Disney compared to Ybor.

single_in_tampa's photo
Wed 04/04/12 04:23 PM
Look at my profile.

Now look at the people near me.

Now look at the people near them.

There are no women in Florida. Just alligators and old people.

single_in_tampa's photo
Wed 04/04/12 04:18 PM

Geez, I love Ayn Rand :-)
The thing about profiles is, if they exude
an overall negative effect, it can be felt.

Yours has a a few downers, old baggage
included.

New ralationships are just that, new.
If you want one, they will want you
to be all there.

Thank you for the reply. Glad someone on here likes Rand.

Profile description updated. Analysis appreciated.

On a side note, you are the cutest person in that age group I've ever seen. Whoever you're with, he's lucky to have you.

single_in_tampa's photo
Tue 04/03/12 01:44 AM

Hiya,

Sometimes too much information really is too much information...in saying that, it was a really interesting read. Also, a nice selection of pics..

Sometimes the best thing about a gift is finding out what's inside!

All the best in finding the person you're looking for.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I wish you lived on the same continent! Hugs and a kiss or two from America.

<3<3 the UK.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sun 04/01/12 08:03 AM

Can you give me some pointers to make my profile more interesting?+
I try to be honest and I was told that I was putting too much honesty in so I changed it.
Would love and appreciate some feedback.

? Trying to be honest? Too much honesty?

What do you mean trying to be honest? You either are or you're not.

I don't see how there can be too much honesty, maybe too much information, or information you may want to reserve for later though.

Anyway, your profile is your billboard. What do you want to advertise about yourself? I would post at least 3 pictures of you, and a 5 sentence paragraph for the blurb. Be honest and yourself, otherwise you're just wasting your time and everybody elses. Remember you're seeking someone like you, how can you find that person if you're not being your true self?

I think people sometimes don't realize how little information gets communicated in just one or two pics and a few sentences.

Subtly is fine in some circumstances, but when on the net trying to find a mate, being subtle is counter-productive. In a bar or something, you want to be gentle in how you introduce and present yourself, because the people around you have no choice but to accept and respond to the information you give them.

On the net, if someone doesn't like something - anything - they can always click off the profile, go back, go to cnn.com, whatever. No person is obligated to absorb the profile you've created in its entirety. You have no obligation to be subtle or hint and what you mean to say.

I normally disagree any user sporting a post count over 15,000. This person, however, "totage", makes an excellent point as has transcended my bias against frequent posters.

I believe you should take more pics of yourself and upload them to your profile. I believe you should write more about yourself and what you are looking for in your profile.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:48 AM

Can you give me some pointers to make my profile more interesting?+
I try to be honest and I was told that I was putting too much honesty in so I changed it.
Would love and appreciate some feedback.

"Single, Monogamous, Affectionate, Loving"

BEST OPENING SENTENCE EVER.

Your profile is brief, to the point, direct, and absolutely beautiful.

You say who you are, your habits, your ancestry, and what you are looking for.

You don't beat around the bush. You don't manipulate or obfuscate the point of the post.

I wish I was older, female, and with your orientation... because I would soooooo date you.

I'm a straight 28 year old guy. If I had a choice between a 28 year old female supermodel with a habit of using the word "******" in public, and a 60 year old homosexual man - I would choose the man. Humanity is a more desirable trait in a mate than sex organs or hair color or age.

The more human someone is, the more I am willing to do for them.

Humanity is sexy, and you are very, very human.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sun 04/01/12 06:36 AM
First I am not a lady.

But I'd like to say that, #1, I think it's awesome that you're exploring your sexuality and finding out who you are and what you like. You got online, said who you were and put it out there for responses. I'm 10 years older than you, and I didn't have that kind of courage at your age.

#2, Chicago is awesome. I was raised there until 12 in a south suburb called Homewood. We had snow during Christmas. Sledding. Ice skating outdoors. Good pizza. The Metro. Freakishly smart people. High schools better than Florida Universities. Oh, and no alligators devouring our pets and toddlers. Don't move.

#3, make sure you analyze your own motivations for seeking out female partners. I was raised by an abusive male, both physically and psychologically. I just happen to be a male myself, and so my hatred of the male sex is mistaken as socially acceptable macho/competitive male behavior. The truth is that I feel a deep, burning desire to murder every adult male I interact with. The last male that tried to impress his girlfriend by swinging a chair at me lost control of his hand. As he swung I calmly slid my 4 inch black pocket knife across his forearm. It severed his tendons. The blade was so sharp he didn't feel it.

Anyway, back to the point: you might still be sexually attracted to males despite the kind of hatred I was conditioned with. Sexuality seems to exist independent of male/female hatreds that develop after childhood abuse. Be honest with yourself and with your partner about how you feel and what you want. Tell them you are not sure about your own sexuality and want to explore it. You don't have to identify yourself as gay or straight to any potential sexual partner you encounter. You are learning about yourself and your sexuality, and there is absolutely no obligation to define who you are to your partner at your young age.

Sex is a wonderful, beautiful thing two humans can share with each other. Partners can be the same or opposite sex. It is based on honesty, mutual respect and trust. If someone lies, don't have sex with them. If they don't respect you, don't have sex with them. If you feel like you can't trust them for any reason, don't have sex with them.

Be yourself. Find out who you are. Remember the previous paragraph. If anyone tries to force a sexual orientation on you or control you physically, message me. Illinois prisons are 5 star hotels compared to Florida ones.

Good luck!

single_in_tampa's photo
Sun 04/01/12 06:12 AM

Some people post too much info (feels like homework reading through it) and others don't post enough. Is my profile too dull? I tried to be succinct and to the point. Some feed back please!

If you didn't live 2000 miles away from me, I would totally ask you out for coffee.

Come to Fla? We're like California with 50 less IQ points and alligators.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sun 04/01/12 04:40 AM
What is your perception of the profile and of the pics? Do you see any red flags? Is there anything irrelevant that could be removed?

Thank you to anyone taking the time to respond. I will do the same for at least 3 of the posts in this section.

single_in_tampa's photo
Wed 04/27/11 07:50 PM

seriously do it.

single_in_tampa's photo
Fri 04/15/11 12:39 PM
See what I did thar?

single_in_tampa's photo
Fri 04/15/11 12:37 PM
Friendship?

Find a gay guy.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sat 10/02/10 08:06 AM
That's something I want to learn. It's practical, takes skill, and has some artistry.

Any lonely seamstress in Tampa care to teach?

single_in_tampa's photo
Sat 10/02/10 08:01 AM
Edited by single_in_tampa on Sat 10/02/10 08:03 AM

I just updated my profile and posted new pics... Tell me what you think. flowers

"havemorals" halfway thru center page needs a space.

last word "troop" needs an s.

start with what you are looking for. if you're not sure, start with why you're here. the whole social networking thing online is a massive distraction from actually meeting/dating people, which is the intent of this site.

about the cancer thing, all humans get cancer if they live long enough. 100%. our cells get copied, and those copies of copies eventually become hard to read (benign cancer) or near illegible (malignant).

point is, we're all suffering. we're all dying. some a little, some a lot. spamming a cancer awareness text bloc is just that - spam.

Your eyes are beautiful. Powerful. Aware.

The third pic is my fav.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sat 10/02/10 07:45 AM

Please keep my cousins in your prayers. I just received word that my blood cousin's wife committed suicide .. brokenheart :cry:

Was not close to them but had just reconnected on FB. Seemed her comments were always upbeat. He was fixing a home for their retirement. She seemed very excited. Makes no sense.

My cousin is devastated but even worse, their oldest daughter found her body.

This is so very very sad. brokenheart

You are in a unique position to help them.

The only suffering I find unbearable is that which no one else knows about.

They won't be alone anymore if you listen to what they're going through.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sat 10/02/10 07:40 AM
This is the "I'm trying to write a profile people actually might read" page.

Err... , sorry, the I'M TRYING TO WRITE SOMETHING WORTH READING" page.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sat 10/02/10 07:37 AM
Edited by single_in_tampa on Sat 10/02/10 07:37 AM

Some people have more important stuff to say than others.

We aren't all within 1 billion of six on this planet with divine right to be heard.

God, this was such a douchbagy post... but I'd feel dishonest editing it.

single_in_tampa's photo
Sat 10/02/10 07:31 AM
Replies will narrow my target demographic and most likely reduce all internet spam in the South Eastern United States by a factor of 3 lollypops.

(We lost track of what goes on between large networks spanning continents years ago, so 3 lollypops seemed about as helpful as terabits per millisecond or whatever we're calling it today).

That second paragraph seemed it's own idea yet somehow not really that important, and so I have murdered my 5th grade English teacher in writing it.

single_in_tampa's photo
Fri 09/24/10 01:24 AM

I just love sluts love

OFF TOPIC I AM REPORTs U LAWL?

Dude. I am on Loritab's right now, and even I can't make sense of this. laugh laugh

http://www.drugs.com/misspellings/loritab.html

You spelled the name of what you're high on wrong - I don't expect you to make sense of much.

single_in_tampa's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:25 PM
The first thing I've done after work for the past three days is watch this trilogy.

Thing is, I don't even like these movies. Samwise Gamgee is the most annoying sidekick of all time. Every time I punch a sandbag, I picture Sam's fat little body swinging back and forth. Nevermind that I don't go to a gym nor have access to a sandbag. The point is IF I did have access to one, that's what I'd do... and I'd have a super serious expression on my face.

But I can't stop watching these stupid movies. Frodo has some mystical hold on me. Curse them. I hates them.

Hepl

Previous 1 3