Community > Posts By > GIJane77

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/15/10 09:44 AM

Does age really matter, I mean if two people are consenting adults, what is the matter with being too old or too young? Why does it matter?
The only thing that should matter is if 2 people share the same outlook on life, have the same interests and really click, physically and mentally. Age just doesn't matter. it only matters if you make it matter!:smile: I think the people who limit themselves to those closest to their own age are limiting their possibilities of finding a soul mate, or at least a near soul mate.
what do you all think?

Maturity and life experience are more important than age. There are some young guys who are wiser than I am, and intelligent, but sometimes they are emotionally immature.

The older guys I dated were immature, although they have a lot of experience. Experience doesn't make everyone wiser and stronger. Some of them like to play the victim.

I really can't tell what a person has to offer until I get to know them. Their true nature emerges after the honeymoon phase of the relationship has passed.

Finally, I just date the guys that I have a strong attraction to, as well as several common characteristics and interests. I look for compatibility.

Age is not a factor.

GIJane77's photo
Mon 01/11/10 11:03 AM

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay. Stop making exscuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. Stop trying to change yourselves for a relationship that's not meant to be. SLOWER IS BETTER. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve, Then heck no, you can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probley is. Don't stay because you think "it will get better". You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better. The only person you can control in a relationship is you. Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently? Always have your own set of friends seperate from his. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up. Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later. You cannot change a man's behavior. Change comes from within. Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you
are.....even if he has more eduacation or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more, nothing less. Never let a man define who you are. Never borrow someone else's man. Oh Lord!!! If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you. ALL MEN ARE NOT DOGS. You should not be the one doing all the bending....compromise is a two-way street. You need time to heal between relationships....there is nothing cute about baggage....deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship. You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals....look for someone COMPLIMENTARY....not SUPPLEMENTARY. Dating is fun....even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right. Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always knows where you are, and your always readily available to him, he takes it for granted. Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others. Share this with other ladies....You'll make someone SMILE, another RETHINK her choices, and another woman PREPARE. They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them and an entire lifetime to forget them. BY THE WAY, THIS WAS WRITTEN BY A MAN, SO TAKE A HINT.....AND THIS CAN ALSO BE APPLIED TO A WOMAN. So be honest and communicate, it does pay off.

I've always follow my intuition, when I meet a man.

Wolfman, I agree that we should find a man that compliments our life, not supplement it.

I really needed to hear those words of wisdom, from a man.

GIJane77's photo
Sun 01/10/10 12:43 PM
I reduced the carbs and sugar and upped the protein in smoothies.

My body is very sensitive to carbs and sugar, as well as gluten

GIJane77's photo
Sun 01/10/10 09:25 AM
No regrets!

I like meeting people.

We cross paths with certain people for a reason. I think I worked out some issues with a few of my partners. When that phase of my life was over, we parted ways. Today, we are great friends.

Took me awhile to figure out that Karma was part of the equation.

GIJane77's photo
Sat 01/09/10 08:42 AM

Maybe, it's to let guys know they ain't related to Sasquatch?
My last dates foot print.

You know what they say about men with big feet....but what do they say about women with big feet?

GIJane77's photo
Sat 01/09/10 08:33 AM

i guess i was never that good about this kind of thing, so i am curious what makes a good relationship, the likes and dislikes about it,

Love, honesty, trust, and respect. Listen to what your partner has to say. Don't make assumptions. Take time out for yourself, or when tempers boil. Give them space to let them be who you fell in love with.

GIJane77's photo
Sat 01/09/10 08:24 AM

Just need a little advice
women use me as a rebound:cry:

You sound like a nice guy! Just keep dating eventually you'll find the One.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 08:01 PM
I never look back. I loved and enjoyed the company of each one of my exes. They made me who I am today. Stronger, healthier, and happy.

Looking forward to a new partner. Variety is the spice of life.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 01:28 PM
All my exes. Free at last.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 12:28 PM
Lost 140 lb. Went shopping for new wardrobe. Competed in 10k. Took up yoga to improve flexibility and stamina.

Partied hardy with gfs and dated several guys.

5 years later I'm still enjoying the freedom.

I'm the best I've ever been. The ex still trips on his tongue when he sees me.

He's older, greyer, heavier, and arthritic.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 12:14 PM
I tried juggling 5 guys. Live and Learn. 4 years later and I'm still dealing with the fall out.

Now, I'll definitely settle for one.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 11:34 AM
Edited by GIJane77 on Fri 01/08/10 11:36 AM

laugh laugh the more i think about this i gotta laugh.. because it is not the cougar who stalks the prey.... its the prey stalking the cougars lol!!!!!!!!!!!!laugh laugh

LOL

The prey call me cougar, then proceed to stalk me. So what do we call them.

I'd call them lucky if they caught ya'!flowerforyou

Sweet!

I've been told the thrill is in the chase.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 09:01 AM

What ever happened to honesty and communication? I know it's been a while, but jeez.

Dating has changed tremendously since I was a teen. Fewer rules. Some of the kids in 20s and 30s have no boundaries.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 05:39 AM

laugh laugh the more i think about this i gotta laugh.. because it is not the cougar who stalks the prey.... its the prey stalking the cougars lol!!!!!!!!!!!!laugh laugh

LOL

The prey call me cougar, then proceed to stalk me. So what do we call them.

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 05:24 AM
:wink: Hi!

A friend recommended this site. He met his life partner her.

I'm from Northern BC

GIJane77's photo
Fri 01/08/10 05:21 AM
happy Hi I'm from norther BC