Community > Posts By > Matt042

Matt042's photo
Mon 03/15/10 11:09 PM
How is Hoover not the top of the worst list?

Matt042's photo
Sat 03/13/10 07:39 AM
Sorry Rose but your boys are going down today.

Matt042's photo
Sun 03/07/10 10:39 AM

Yeh, I'm sure they report the news right down the middle. Just the facts, right?

I agree, it is hard to find a completely unslanted deliver of information in media or writing,,,,,

the truth is usually some balance of information from several sources and if one googles racist hate crime, there are nearly one million of such sources to start balancing the truth from

and the library even has books on this very real subject as well

That's what I was trying to get at. Journalism, as we knew it growing up, is dead. The news industry has transformed into a game of ratings driven "gotcha". It is no longer important to be truthful or to actually report the facts. Now it is a profit driven machine that's sole purpose is to capture eyeballs and mouse clicks for advertising revenue.

And this is for all sides of the political spectrum as well.

The SPLC is not a news org...they are not "profit driven".

Not sure what the objection to watching hate groups is...

The objections come from citing a source that "keep(s) an eye on the radical right" as if it were an unbiased paragon of journalistic integrity. It's not.

Matt042's photo
Sun 03/07/10 09:58 AM

Yeh, I'm sure they report the news right down the middle. Just the facts, right?

I agree, it is hard to find a completely unslanted deliver of information in media or writing,,,,,

the truth is usually some balance of information from several sources and if one googles racist hate crime, there are nearly one million of such sources to start balancing the truth from

and the library even has books on this very real subject as well

That's what I was trying to get at. Journalism, as we knew it growing up, is dead. The news industry has transformed into a game of ratings driven "gotcha". It is no longer important to be truthful or to actually report the facts. Now it is a profit driven machine that's sole purpose is to capture eyeballs and mouse clicks for advertising revenue.

And this is for all sides of the political spectrum as well.

Matt042's photo
Sun 03/07/10 09:11 AM

Matt042's photo
Sun 03/07/10 06:04 AM
I always used Doritos instead of Fritos, but I love me some walking tacos.

Matt042's photo
Sat 03/06/10 11:07 PM
Newcastle United!

Matt042's photo
Thu 02/18/10 07:25 PM
I am deathly afraid of frogs.

Matt042's photo
Sun 02/14/10 04:39 PM
Energy Corridor/Westchase area

Matt042's photo
Sun 02/14/10 04:05 PM
Are there any soccer fans on the site? I'm counting down the days until my trip up to Dallas to start the MLS season. Also praying that Newcastle hang on to a promotion spot for next year.

Matt042's photo
Sun 02/14/10 03:27 PM
To be honest I'm looking for someone who can be my friend first and whatever happens from there happens (does that sound as cheesy as I think?)

Matt042's photo
Sun 02/14/10 03:00 PM
I'd have to say not telling me when I'm doing something that annoys my partner. I don't always know that I'm doing something wrong or inconsiderate if it's not brought to my attention (and doing it during a breakup doesn't help anyone). That's not to say that I'm willing to change everything I do for someone else, but I can only make that choice when I know that something is wrong.

Matt042's photo
Sun 02/14/10 02:37 PM
Recently single

Matt042's photo
Mon 02/08/10 07:13 PM

Iwas that my post that opened the door star traveller? I'm actuall still dealing with that very same thing.. first girlfriend.. 10 year relationship from 18 til 3 months ago.. very sucky feelings going through me every single day! Total blows.frustrated

Six and a half for me, but yeah same situation.

If I can share what's helped me lately; focus on little things that you have control over and throw yourself into them.

Matt042's photo
Mon 02/08/10 03:53 PM
Is why he referred to a Navy corpsmen as a CORPSE-man repeatedly in a recent speech?

Matt042's photo
Fri 02/05/10 10:50 PM

I remember that one of my high school girlfriends thought it would be fun to play spin the bottle at my house, but grabbed a bottle of chocolate syrup and spun it without checking to see if the top was closed.

Well hummmm, that could have changed the whole game if ya would have wanted it to...if ya know what I mean. :wink:

If I would have thought that quickly in high school it certainly would have changed the games, alas my Star Wars card collection from that time of my life speaks to the contrary.

Matt042's photo
Fri 02/05/10 10:37 PM
I remember that one of my high school girlfriends thought it would be fun to play spin the bottle at my house, but grabbed a bottle of chocolate syrup and spun it without checking to see if the top was closed.