Community > Posts By > writerdude22

writerdude22's photo
Wed 07/29/09 02:28 PM
But since they are all bad typers (at least)...it seems for like you have some malware or spyware on your computer...or did at one time...and they got your user name from everything like that. Then they started contacting you from their palaces overseas.

writerdude22's photo
Wed 07/29/09 02:27 PM
If your screen name here is similar at all to your yahoo login, they could MAYBE figure it out. Maybe.

writerdude22's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:35 PM
lonetar, I, too, refuse to see S. Darko, despite good reviews. I hate sequels for the sake of sequels.

writerdude22's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:31 PM
Donnie Darko is brilliant in that it demands an active watching. It's not an easy film, but to me it suggests a kind of cheery nihilism...realizing that we don't matter...that we will all die...and finding some kind of comfort in that. It doesn't matter if god exists or not. It's beautiful.

But it doesn't matter what you get out of it, as long as you're thinking about it.

writerdude22's photo
Wed 07/22/09 01:32 PM
"Hold me closer Tony Danza"

equals

"Hold me closer Tiny Dancer"

writerdude22's photo
Tue 07/21/09 05:49 PM
This is delightful...

I love you folks!

writerdude22's photo
Tue 07/21/09 04:17 PM
The answer is in the blog...thank you Dancere...

The 2 IS an exponent...let us all rest easy now.

writerdude22's photo
Tue 07/21/09 04:13 PM
I think trgirl is right...I was around for a while during the justsayhi days...so maybe Mingle^2 is the sequel to justsayhi...

Any good creator has to come up with a different title for the sequel.

writerdude22's photo
Tue 07/21/09 04:10 PM
I killed them...all of them...

writerdude22's photo
Tue 07/21/09 04:10 PM
So Mingle X Mingle = Pi (3.14 etc.)

Interesting. How successful would the site be as an online community if it was simply called "Pi?"

Mingle^2 is probably the better choice.

writerdude22's photo
Tue 07/21/09 04:05 PM
I wonder if it is Mingle Squared (judging from the logo, I think this is most likely) or Mingle, the Sequel. If it is Mingle 2, what happened to Mingle 1 or just Mingle? If it is Mingle Squared, what does that equal? What is the product of Mingle X Mingle?

writerdude22's photo
Mon 07/20/09 02:32 PM
I was a forum-frequenter for a spell a little while ago. Hoping to find my way back into some of your conversations...hoping not to intrude.

writerdude22's photo
Tue 10/16/07 02:31 PM
I've read too much (including the Bible).

writerdude22's photo
Sat 10/13/07 12:51 AM
I never said that there was anything wrong with this poem. I only offered a possible reading. I apologize for having an opinion.

writerdude22's photo
Fri 10/12/07 03:06 PM
"Lights Out"

There are no lights at the airport tonight,
No bright blue blinking to bring the flights in.
There is no rumble of engines overhead
and the mumble of a million conversations has been stilled.
The night sky drops snow, coating the tops of buildings.

A lost little girl follows her breath in whatever direction it leads:
past stacks of newspapers with no headlines,
televisions with only static and snow
and picture frames with absent photographs.
There is no calming voice of direction from above,
there is no word of delays or cancellations,
no news of when the mind-manipulating cold will pass.
There is only the echo of soft, steady steps searching through empty halls,
waiting for her gate to open, waiting for the upload.

-SW, Summer 2007

writerdude22's photo
Fri 10/12/07 02:51 PM
Always good that there are no one-night stands on the horizon. haha. It's good to meet a poet who can take a personal reading as a personal reading. Thank you for the acceptance of my opinions.

I look forward to reading more of your poetry.

writerdude22's photo
Fri 10/12/07 01:37 PM
I like how this is developed. It is a poem all about seduction and the speaker in the poem cannot stand up to the other individual's technique. "Your words go down smooth" is a nice line. The guy is sweet-talking his way in and this poor girl can do nothing. Even though she wants to be his "whiskey," the reader has no reason to believe that ever actually happens. Sadly, this is probably a one-night stand in the making.

"I long to drink you in [and] / to savor your sweet daiquiri." My favorite line(s). Very desire-driven poem. The speaker gives over to her/his carnal nature. Nice.

writerdude22's photo
Fri 10/12/07 01:18 PM
well awesome!

Hey, Jude.

writerdude22's photo
Fri 10/12/07 01:17 PM
But what constitutes an individual's "reality?" How is that reality defined? And by saying that you'll see more than he/she will ever see in their reality, doesn't that make you guilty of the same elitist opinion as the other individual...that your reality is superior?

Reality is, as the poem touches on, completely subjective. But while the poem, on the surface, fights the idea that one subjective reality is better than another, it undercuts itself by saying that the speaker's reality is the ideal.

writerdude22's photo
Fri 10/12/07 01:09 PM
wow...just realized Across the universe has been out for a while...where have I been?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6