Community > Posts By > Shadowolfff

Shadowolfff's photo
Thu 02/19/09 04:24 PM

It is suppose to restrict you to 5 min. playing per day so you have time to do your homework and dont flunk school. What you think of that, lol?

I think my 3.6 GPA will contest to the fact that, in addition to enjoying video games, I also have priorities and set them accordingly.
huh
lol.

Shadowolfff's photo
Wed 02/18/09 05:15 PM
It is suppose to restrict you to 5 min. playing per day so you have time to do your homework and dont flunk school. What you think of that, lol?

Shadowolfff's photo
Tue 02/17/09 05:28 PM
There are other ways to fix these errors but first you have to locate the source of the BSOD stop and then you might need to either replace missing data or dump data. Its simpler to just start over for most people. If you want to try to "fix" without reinstalling you will need to find someone with advanced knowledge to help. I am not qualified to dirrect something I cant see.

Shadowolfff's photo
Tue 02/17/09 05:10 PM
that stands for blue screen of death '''same problem here...usually need to restore or reinstall OS. Its a critical registry error

Shadowolfff's photo
Tue 02/17/09 04:54 PM
that key is F2 I believe

Shadowolfff's photo
Tue 02/17/09 04:51 PM
Based on that information you will need to do a system reinstall because something got corupted or deleted.

If you have a partioned drive you need to reboot and press E@ or the key it directs you to to restore while booting. Then follow the directions to reinstall the partition drive only (Non-destructive).

If you do not have a partitioned drive, you will neeed a restore disk which should of come with the computer. Again put it in and follow the directions.

Either case it is quite operator friendly. Your lucky its XP. One of these procedures will fix your problem

Shadowolfff's photo
Tue 02/17/09 04:26 PM
This poor dude. heres some real help if you havent fixed it.

Sounds like a dll issue. Run "system restore" and that should fix it. If not, I would need to know what OS and about when it first started. Vista can be a nightmare and thats why they are already replacing it . Whatever you do, DO NOT PLAY WITH THE REGISTRY!!! You mess up even a period and you might be re-installing everything including the OS. Good luck.

Shadowolfff's photo
Mon 09/29/08 05:53 PM
Did you get help yet? I can prob help you if you need it.

Shadowolfff's photo
Thu 12/06/07 07:25 PM
I hope the battery wasn't left dead to long as it might not take a charge. Nickle Cadmium or Lithium batteries have to be regally cycled to maintain their longevity. If this is the case, than buying a new battery is your only solution. You will know if the problem doesn't go away after the thing has been charging for 6 or 7 hours and the problem persist. There is a chance the charger, or circuits in the computer are bad too, but this is not likely the case.

Shadowolfff's photo
Wed 09/19/07 08:24 PM
Its very common that some of the newer malware doesn't get picked up via the antispyware programs and Mcphee is substandard at best picking up malware. Windows defender is almost worthless too. First I would have to identify what you have and then I can advise you how to proceed. Probably the course of action i would start with is have you download Hijack This 1.99 and let me look at the log. If your not familiar with this it is a troubleshooting utility tool. Determing what and where it is is the first step. Sounds like a Trojan You can email me if you wish.

Shadowolfff's photo
Sat 09/15/07 11:45 AM
And what you say about downloading any programs is definitely a big no-no. There are many rouge programs that are designed to give false positives or worse yet have a infection bundled with them. You definitely should do your homework and see what others are reporting before you download any programs.

Shadowolfff's photo
Sat 09/15/07 11:42 AM
That's what I was trying to say about AVG. It is probably about the best of the free ones but you MUST also have a dependable antispyware/malware program and a firewall running or your going to be in trouble like you say. Also you should monitor your processes and run a reliable alternative program like Panda Pro just as a second opinion.

Shadowolfff's photo
Sat 09/15/07 08:30 AM
By all means i wasn't down-talking AVG, as I use it myself. Like I said, AVG isn't bad and I have heard the same thing from others that they have had better luck with it than some of the paid program. The biggest downfall of the free version is there is no support, for those seeking it. I hate Norton and McFee as they are not very good and over priced, but if you get Kaspersky, this is probably a little better than all of them for a price. None of the programs catch everything so I stick with AVG and manually scan with a alternative once in a while. Same thing with the antispy's, none of them catch everything and there is new malware popping up every day. I use spy ware terminator and again manually scan with spybot once in a while. I have caught stuff once in a great while and never been seriously infected. For a person thats somewhat understanding of computers, I see no need to pay for anti spyware/virus programs.

Shadowolfff's photo
Fri 09/14/07 09:22 PM
The scoop on AVG free is that it is a effective program but it does not catch everything right away. I use it but also monitor my processes and rarely have a issue. I would rate it about 80% -90% effective. Make sure that you also have a spyware resident shield program like spyware terminator or spybot (both also free) also running and a firewall. Windows firewall is no good. I would recommend comodo's as that is free also. Do not run more than 1 spyware program or more than 1 antivirus program at the same time. One of each is good. AVG does have good points as it is extremely light on resources and updates daily. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Shadowolfff's photo
Tue 09/11/07 05:48 PM
If your still checking back here at this post, this is what i recommend. It sounds like you may have some security issues, probably some sort of malware. There is a lot out there that many antivirus/spyware programs wont recognize. The other problem is that if it is found after it installs it is registered in your system volume files which system restore uses to create your last restore point. Security programs cannot access these files so you wont get rid of it easily. If you want some help get me a email and i will have you download Hijack this. This will create a log I can look at of whats going on with your computer. I have been doing this for a long time. If your infected, I can help you safely clean things up.

Shadowolfff's photo
Mon 09/10/07 09:34 PM
Its amazing what a little general maintenance can do for performance.

Shadowolfff's photo
Mon 09/10/07 09:23 PM
Vista will be good in a couple years. I stay away from it too. Too many bugs still and a lot of the industry hasn't kept up with updates for it.

Shadowolfff's photo
Mon 09/10/07 09:17 PM
If you want to pay for a cleaner/repair program the one that John posted is one of the better ones but you will pay about 30 bucks. The regscub program is free but don't come with some of the bells and whistles, its a basic program.

Shadowolfff's photo
Mon 09/10/07 09:12 PM
its a good idea to clean it on a regular basis so you don't start having problems, say like once a month. If the registry gets to corrupted you may not be able to clean it properly. Cajuns advice about making sure you have a firewall and antivirus program is very important to. Also, you should make sure your security is equipped to monitor for spyware/malware too or run a additional program for that. I run AVG antivirus, spy-ware terminator, and a comodo firewall. I also run maintenance functions like regscrub once a month and def rag. I hope this helps

Shadowolfff's photo
Mon 09/10/07 09:03 PM
However I will say this. DO NOT GO INTO THE REGISTRY YOUR SELF AND TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING. I can't emphisise that enough cause you could end up with a useless machine if you mess up. That's the fear people talk about.

Previous 1