MarkyMarkisntFunky's photo
Sun 05/23/10 09:17 PM
RIP Lima. He played for the astros many years ago and we all miss him.

how about them astros, huh??

Sun 05/23/10 09:14 PM

as a raptor fan, i hope any team that vince carter is on loses.

yeah, i know, i'm a suck. laugh

i DO, however, like dwight howard and think he's a skilled and classy player. i'm absolutely stunned at the 0-3 against boston.

Send Bosh over to HOUSTONNNNNNNNN!!!

Sun 05/23/10 09:13 PM
Oh I get it now. So soccer isn't about winning, per se. It is about gaining as many points as possible. Kind of like school grades and GPA.

Fri 05/21/10 08:40 AM
Papersmiles: Why don't you think Italy will make it?? They have a chance!

I'm going to keep my eye on Italy, Brasil, Manchester, and France. Oh what the h*ll, South Africa!

Fri 05/21/10 08:38 AM
As many mentioned, I also keep up with it only when World Cup rolls around. I kind of keep track on the standings leading into FIFA 2010.

Question: I see scores that are tied and is the final score. Why does soccer leave it as a tie and end the game? Who wins?

Fri 05/21/10 08:35 AM
Crossfit is a little different than p90x. p90x is effective if you're commited, as Mayhem mentioned.

Crossfit is a little more intense. You flip big tires, you do box jumps, you do a lot of lifting, be it weights or other things. Its great cardio and strength training.

Fri 05/21/10 08:33 AM
I'm not a fan but I would like to see them win AT LEAST 1 game. I want to prolong the NBA season. It gives me something to look forward to when I have a long day at work.

Lakers v. Boston

Lakers in 7

Mon 05/10/10 08:47 PM
I hope you can make an exception for dancing bananas?

Mon 05/10/10 08:35 PM
giocludart: oh the mind of a pervert.. LOL

Mon 05/10/10 07:24 PM
Edited by MarkyMarkisntFunky on Mon 05/10/10 07:25 PM
Howdy y'all!

Houston-born and raised....minus the country accent =)

Mon 05/10/10 07:23 PM

Hello There!waving

Hello!

FYI: bananas are my favorite! High in potassium and one of my favorite fruits to eat b/c it doesn't require me to wash my hands before consuming. =)

Mon 05/10/10 07:21 PM

Hopefully there isn't any sort of "gang" initiation for a new member!

Doughnuts or Beer. Your choice.............smokin

I am a health nut so its hard to pick btw the two. How about juice and fresh fruit?? LOL

Mon 05/10/10 07:20 PM

The forums are the best...where the coolest people hang out =P I totally did the bro-fist through the internet thing too rofl

Its okay, it never fails. I just fisted you back :)

Mon 05/10/10 05:04 PM
Thank you, everybody!

Mon 05/10/10 05:01 PM

I like yogurt before or after. Just seems to be
easily digestible and light.

drinker

Yogurt is fine to eat. Do keep in mind that a lot of yogurt has sugar in them! Avoid the kinds that you have to mix in order to get the fruit/syrup at the bottom!

However, may I suggest another alternative for your pre and post workout meal? Try eating half an apple with a pb&j sandwich 30min - 1 hr prior to exercising. If your goal is to shed some lbs, do cardio the 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach but don't over do it b/c you may faint or black out!

as far as after workout, eat something with carbs and protein.

Mon 05/10/10 04:56 PM

im always hungry after i work out so i would like to get ideas on what foods to eat without killing your workoutbigsmile

As some have already mentioned, protein shakes are usually a favorite after lifting weights. As far as what to eat to feed your hunger, I would suggest protein and fiber. They both fill you up and keep you full for a longer period. Fibers keep you full without that calories that you MAY NOT need (depending on if you're trying to gain weight or not).

Proteins are ideal for consumption, if you can get lean please do so, such as chicken, beef, salmon, pork, turkey, nuts, etc. Do not confuse nuts as high quality protein. They are great protein sources, however, they also contain natural fats/oil that are good for you but not in excessive amts so consume moderately.

Mon 05/10/10 04:39 PM
What works for me may not work for you. We are all different, anatomically. I lift weights and do cardio, sometimes in the same day and sometimes alternating days.

For example: MON, WED, FRI = lift weights TUES, THURS, SAT = cardio

I switch it around after a month or so and do cardio after I lift, in the same day. I would then rest the following day and do the same the next day.

As far as routines, are you asking about lifting or cardio?

Mon 05/10/10 04:33 PM
Hopefully there isn't any sort of "gang" initiation for a new member! I just wanted to stop by to say hi to the members here.

I am still lurking the site and like what I am seeing so far. I wish I found this site sooner. Some of your posts here in the "community" cracks me up!