Community > Posts By > MDSS

MDSS's photo
Fri 07/29/11 01:54 PM
Thanks andy...how are you? Ummm-how do you scan an email in yahoo with antivirus before opening it?

MDSS's photo
Fri 07/29/11 01:07 PM
Okay...thanks

MDSS's photo
Fri 07/29/11 11:31 AM
Can you get a virus from opening any unknown email in yahoo or are you only susceptible if you open attachments to an email? Can a virus be hidden in the body of a regular email with no attachments.?

MDSS's photo
Sun 06/26/11 05:45 PM
It never used to happen but now(maybe for the past month) it happens almost all the time. The first time it happened, I think I had changed my password. I change the password a few times since then---maybe that has something to do with it?

MDSS's photo
Sun 06/26/11 02:23 PM
Whenever I try to sign into my mingle account, I keep getting a message at the bottom of the screen that tells me to type these words to verify that I am human...it is usually some kind of ad. Once I deliberately typed the wrong thing and it let me in. I got the same thing when I tried to click the "contact us" button to send you guys a message? Is this normal?

MDSS's photo
Sat 01/01/11 09:48 AM
PS---
When I set Firefox to remember history, well, it seems as thought the ad only comes up once(so far). So, that might be it. If that changes, I guess I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help.

MDSS's photo
Sat 01/01/11 01:11 AM
Hi Charles,
I did find the "use custom settings for history." There is a box for "Accept cookies from sites," and "Accept third-party cookies". Both boxes are checked. Under those boxes there is the "keep until," and it says 1 month...but this section is ghosted--out(inactive--hope you know what I mean). At the very top of the page there is a checked box titled,"Always start Firefox in a private browsing session." If I un-check this box, then the "Keep until..." box about the cookies becomes active. I usually have the top box checked so the cookie box(keep until...) has always been inactive(ghosted-out).

Does this have something to do with why the ad comes up more than once?

mdss

MDSS's photo
Thu 12/30/10 11:13 PM
Hi Charles,
Clearing my cookies? Well, I have firefox set to not keep record of my history(what sites I visit). Is that what you mean? is that what causes it to show up each time I log-in? Bare with me, I'm just learning all of this computer terminology. Thank you.

MDSS's photo
Thu 12/30/10 04:29 PM
Oh...thank you for responding. I thought I had a virus or something...not too computer literate :-) I don't mind the pop under ad as it only shows up when I am logging in...but if I log in 5 times it shows up each time. Anyway, I do understand the need to generate revenue so I'm not complaining. I did read the other posts about the topic and I see it's not just me. I feel better. Thanks.

MDSS's photo
Thu 12/30/10 01:26 PM
I don't know if I am posting this in the right place...but maybe you can help.
Every time that I come to the sign on page for mingles2...a pop is blocked but then a screen opens(at first minimized until i click on it)with a huge pink cupcake and i think it's by Living Social deals...or something like that...how do I get rid of it? It only happens when I come to this site. Does anyone else see this? It's scary.

MDSS's photo
Thu 10/07/10 04:33 PM
Chishio, I think that you're a beautiful girl. Don't let their comments get you down. You listened to yellowrose, changed your preferences, that's all you can do. I don't think men hitting on you sexually - when you clearly state you are not interested in that- is a compliment. But you can tell them how you feel or don't respond. Good Luck!!!!

MDSS's photo
Mon 07/12/10 08:53 PM
Well, I thought it was creative,well written, and interesting to read. I wasn't offended. I think maybe you were trying to show the consequences of choosing such a life.
What's missing, I'd say, is the compassion for the old woman who is now probably really unhappy and facing death alone. There is no mention of the remorse this elderly woman may feel, or the lack of understanding, or love, or fears that may have contributed to her making destructive choices. You only speak of her mistakes, but it's hard to see her humanity. Was this character all bad? Showing the other sides of her personality may lend to believability.
I volunteer in a nursing home and it's hard not to feel compassion for the elderly people, even the "not nice" ones(who usually soften if you show you care)...but then, they haven't hurt me...can't speak for those they may have wounded; the ones who won't come to visit.
keep writing.

MDSS's photo
Wed 07/07/10 02:09 PM
HEY Love/Beauty,
Sorry for what you have been through.
No, I don't know of any groups that can help you
But you are a strong and courageous person.
You are on your journey of healing...and even though it's difficult, you will find your way. You will heal and probably help many others along the way. Stay encouraged and never give up!!!

MDSS's photo
Tue 07/06/10 06:06 PM

lol not necessarily so if they are looking to merely hook-up one line for some cyber fun...which is not why I am here hence my asking.

I have already gotten several messages that appear to be for that purpose...

Very true, the cyber hook-up are easy to identify.
"Do you have Yahoo IM" in the first email.

Seriously, that's what it means?? I gave someone my email addressfrustrated
Were you joking? I feel so stupid...

MDSS's photo
Tue 07/06/10 12:02 PM
Thanks to you to Ms. Masey

MDSS's photo
Tue 07/06/10 09:56 AM
Thanks to Franshade, Sherry, BL4766, MelodyGirl, and Mikey. This does deem like a cool site with lots of great!!!!

MDSS's photo
Tue 07/06/10 07:33 AM
Also thanks yo Chickayoshi, 2kidsmom, and wileyhappy

MDSS's photo
Tue 07/06/10 07:24 AM
Thank you SeaKolony, writer-gurl, Lady Lid and Find me. Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome. This feels like a pretty cool site ...and you are all seem like nice people!! Everyone's so funny.

MDSS's photo
Mon 07/05/10 06:40 PM

I wouldn't say never. When people share pictures, they share part of their personality. Different sides. Sometimes it gives someone a better 'picture' (pun intended) of them

Sometimes it can give a better picture :smile: but sometimes it gets in the way...for ex. if you don't meet society's ideal of beauty, there are a lot of people who would dismiss you without taking the chance toget to know you. And if you are considered "hot,", there are people who would want to get to know you mostly because of how you look on the outside. I think that a conversation, or a letter, can be as if not more revealing. I guess I've seen to many people mocked and made fun of...

I never ever condone messing with the 'underdog' .. we are all created equal and as you said before .. beautiful.

BUT .. I will NOT converse with a faceless person. Ever. I don't do it in real life, why do it here?

People do respond to others by connection. Some of that is with physical attraction. It's just the way life is. Doesn't mean you have to be awesome physically. Just means 2 people are attracted to each other. Chemistry.

But .. back to the point of the thread. If you are no longer looking good in a bikini .. for goodness get a 1-piece. If you don't have it in the 'chest' dept anymore, do us all a favor and put a freakin shirt on.

It's really pretty basic. smokin

Again..."looking good" is based on interpretation. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If someone feels good in a bathing soon...they should be able to wear it no matter how others think they look.

MDSS's photo
Mon 07/05/10 05:56 PM
I wouldn't say never. When people share pictures, they share part of their personality. Different sides. Sometimes it gives someone a better 'picture' (pun intended) of them

Sometimes it can give a better picture :smile: but sometimes it gets in the way...for ex. if you don't meet society's ideal of beauty, there are a lot of people who would dismiss you without taking the chance toget to know you. And if you are considered "hot,", there are people who would want to get to know you mostly because of how you look on the outside. I think that a conversation, or a letter, can be as if not more revealing. I guess I've seen to many people mocked and made fun of...

Previous 1