Community > Posts By > Jono70

Jono70's photo
Wed 11/24/10 01:34 PM
Actually I think it's kinda hot when a woman goes for it first, tells me right away they are interested, I'm normally not the type of guy to continue bugging a girl if she doesn't seem interested, it is a nice change.

A few of ex's made the first move but then I start thinking... they are ex's for a reason... wonder if that's related...

Jono70's photo
Sun 11/14/10 09:38 AM
I have a big list... some naughty and some nice but I don't think I'm getting any this xmas : /

But then again... you never know!

Jono70's photo
Mon 10/18/10 03:00 PM
Edited by Jono70 on Mon 10/18/10 03:00 PM
shi*, not this again...

Jono70's photo
Mon 10/18/10 02:58 PM

Florida, nothing but bad experiences and memories for me....

$.02 drinker

Yea... I live in FL... lets just say I rather be somewhere else, we have a saying here.

Come on vacation, leave on probation come back in violation...

Now that's ment for people visiting, doesn't say much for the people living in FL!

Don't get me wrong great place to visit and vac but if your looking for a good job, good relationships or anything decent really, good luck.

Jono70's photo
Sun 10/17/10 03:45 PM
Sounds like power supply.

One thing you can do doesnt work often but might make sure to unplug the back cord from the computer give it about 10 minutes and plug it back in see if it powers up.

But that sounds like a power supply or bad ram but I would check power supply first.

Jono70's photo
Sun 10/17/10 06:06 AM

I got it fixed. Once I got it to stop having cyclical crashes I cleared it of junk by using CCleaner. I removed Norton 360 and Norton Guard. Let me just say SYMANTEK SUCKS! Norton is a co creator of the slow computer and find new ways of making them slower!

Then came the 56 MB update. After that I had to cycle through a bunch of other updates like Java and Internet Explorer (Choke Cough Wheeze!) Once I got past that I also did a registry scan followed by a boot sector scan with Avast just to make sure nothing was running afoul of the system. Now it works fine again.

Gateways are not bad computers. They are a budget machine. Dells are OK. The product support is decent. Panasonics are very good especially the Toughbook series which is the only laptop to meet and exceed Mil-Spec testing. The only drawback to the Thoughbook is its small size. Acers are not bad either. LGs are quite competitive. SONYS SUCK! DO NOT BUY VIAO IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU! One year product support, and made in China! At least Dells are made in Ireland, (Chinese parts though). Samsung and Toshiba also make very good laptops. The Toshibas are really good! Dell does give you a 17" computer for a very competitive price considering a comparable Mac is damn near twice the price. Macs are not bad per say but product support is hideous and their warranties are shady.

Well good to hear you got it all fixed.

Yea for work reasons I use Dell because of the options to customize what you want but at home I actually customized built my computer with AMD and ATI/MSI products.

And yes for sure there has been many reports of problems with Norton being a resources hog sometimes it will hang and just run at 100% cpu I personally only use AVG free version and havnt had any viruses in over 5 years... I'd also suggest kaspersky for a paid virus protection it is well known for business use.

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:52 PM
Edited by Jono70 on Sat 10/16/10 01:53 PM
Very funny I stumbled on this topic, I was bored and decided to wear this shirt today lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I guess that kinda states it all...

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:49 PM

64 if fast like a Ferrari :smile:

It is nice thats for sure, lucky for me I havnt run into anything such as drivers stopping me from doing something yet but I mainly do website design and gaming so you never know...

Well ok one thing was my audio card drivers werent supported by 64bit OS but returned that and bam works like a dream.

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:47 PM
Not sure if anyone mention this either but there is a built in Windows convertion tool for converting from FAT to NFTS I forget the command I only used it once and not sure which version of Windows have it, I normally just do a reformat start from a clean slate.

More on topic though I would suggest NFTS over the others for standard workstations and computers, I use FAT32 when I format my thumb drive for installing Windows 7 installs etc...

NFTS system for storing files is better, faster and more secure but takes up more space basically upgraded version of FAT32 if you will.

FAT32 only thing I see good about it is less space it takes on hard drive, reason I use it on my thumb drives.

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:39 PM
Well what I normally always do in the field is run a mal-ware software and scan for viruses, simple mal-ware could be slowing down and crashing your browser.

I'd suggest downloading and running the following.

Spybot search and destory
CC Cleaner
and some type of known anti virus software such as AVG.

All mentioned above is free to download and use.

Also if that doesnt work it could be a problem with your browser you using firefox or Explore? are they all up to the most recent date?

Also browser plugin could be the issue etc...

Just a few steps to try out first, hope this helps.

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:35 PM

It may also be worth noting that a 32bit OS such as Win7 only supports upto 4GB RAM and depending on which Win7 64bit version, you can reach 32GB RAM.

Just a thought :o)

Well that too but unless your some extreme gamer or design\media guy you wont need more then 4gig for anything really, I still only run on 4gig and I run all newer games at highest settings with no issues at 4gig but this also depends on the type of ram you have older slower ram more = better (of cource upgrading to faster would be better but not all of us have a money tree in the backyard) : (

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:30 PM

So why does Windows in any flavor give me such a headache???

frustrated frustrated frustrated

I have been handed two gateway laptops with Windows Vista and one I THOUGHT I fixed until I loaded updates and another that still has the wrap on it and it does not work right.

Is Microsoft trying to reinvent darkness?

Key word "gateway" I dont think they even around anymore : 0

Honestly once I setup Windows 7 correctly "removing the run this as admin settings etc..." I havnt really had any issues I'm suprised I know with Vista it was like wtf is this pile of broken resource hungry crapshit I just bought but who knows depending on the type of hardware OS stableness differs...

Jono70's photo
Sat 10/16/10 01:27 PM
Depends on what your looking for mostly

32bit is more stable and all software is supported by 32bit.

64bit can hold more code normally graphic related etc... less stable OS and not all software supports 64bit.

Now with that said 64bit is the future and more and more software is coming out in both 32 and 64bit I honestly run on a 64bit which with windows 7 I dont have any issues this OS supports 32bit and 64bit software.

Also remember that to run a 64bit you have to have the correct hardware as well for example an athlon 64bit CPU and so on.

64bit is the future and is growing by the day there is more perks to using 64bit but if you are just a normal daily user I'd stick with 32bit and save yourself some of the hassle til more drivers and software come out for 64bit, the choice is yours.

Jono70's photo
Sun 10/03/10 04:02 PM
Edited by Jono70 on Sun 10/03/10 04:03 PM

No I never did wonder that... I think if they say that in their profile then that's what they mean...

Yea I wish i could believe that also but it's like how all woman want "nice" guys but we all know you want 80% bad boy and 20% nice...

Well most anyways it's not always easy to read people, I think reason why online dating isnt for everyone.

Jono70's photo
Sun 10/03/10 01:29 AM
Way I look at it is, you really can't force someone to take a notice on to you or even like you, go about life, work on your goals and as you do that it will just fall into place naturally, most relationships I've ever been in came unexpectedly I was just working 2 jobs going about life and being content that I'm at least working towards a better future etc... then it just happened, but so did going to being single, that kinda just happened also lol.

Anyhow that's also the point of online sites such as this, kinda helps move it along faster for some I guess.

Jono70's photo
Sun 10/03/10 01:23 AM

"Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood"

Wait, I think that's already a movie..

ahaha a good funny movie for sure.

Guess mine would have to be

"He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is indisputable law."

Sorry fortune cookie... lol

Also for once would be nice to actually get a fortune rather then some random statement that doesn't even make sense... just sayin.

Jono70's photo
Fri 10/01/10 11:02 PM

You ever watch NCSI?

BTW thanks all for the welcome

Ohhh. I don't get to watch much tv, but I have watched a few
episodes here and there, it was pretty good.

Yea same here but the ones I did watch they call a guy in there probie only reason I brought it up : /

Eh, you could be called worse. :tongue: laugh

ahahah I'm sure I have been already but thanks I guess!

Jono70's photo
Fri 10/01/10 10:55 PM

You ever watch NCSI?

Ohhh. I don't get to watch much tv, but I have watched a few
episodes here and there, it was pretty good.

Yea same here but the ones I did watch they call a guy in there probie only reason I brought it up : /

Jono70's photo
Fri 10/01/10 10:51 PM
Edited by Jono70 on Fri 10/01/10 10:53 PM

there's that probie word again can someone tell wtf a probie is please?

You ever watch NCSI?

Jono70's photo
Fri 10/01/10 10:06 PM
Edited by Jono70 on Fri 10/01/10 10:07 PM

It isn't about what men or women want..... it's about what you personally want!

Figure out exactly what you want for yourself, your children, your well-being, etc. Then live your life! And if someone comes around that you can communication with and problem-solve with that wants similar things in life, great! If not, be true to yourself and do not compromise!

I want a 5 dolla foot long from subway, does that count? : /

ha honestly every man is going to want something different but like many said earlier be yourself don't let anyone change who you are.

Relationships are based on common interestes and attractions etc... honestly you would be better off looking for someone that has the most in common with yourself, the real question is what do you look for in a guy? I'm sure something long the lines, funny, smart, sexy blah blah blah so maybe a man might be looking for the samething in a woman... just something to think about!

Good Luck!

Previous 1