Community > Posts By > thomassisson

thomassisson's photo
Wed 12/25/13 04:17 PM
I realize that you answered the question, but it would be nice if we had that option. If not, perhaps there could be an option to change one's display name. To limit abuse, some sites only permit this every six months, others allow once a year, while some permit a one-time change.

thomassisson's photo
Wed 12/25/13 03:40 PM
I could ask what it would take to convince you that Santa Claus and Easter Bunny are real, but that is obviously a silly question and so is yours.

thomassisson's photo
Mon 11/15/10 05:11 PM
If I click [ No ] to, "Are you interested in" someone "?" why does someone pop up again?

I use a Mozilla based browser like Firefox. I have a cookie blocker, but allow cookies from mingle2.com. I use a tracker blocker, but I see nothing significant being blocked.

(I'm not against ads or that paranoid, but I have limited bandwidth and CPU. Better computers than I have are thrown away or recycled.)

thomassisson's photo
Mon 11/15/10 08:15 AM
In my opinion, a month is not necessarily that long. People may be signed up for other sites, including those not related to dating. I know that I don't check every site unless I get an email. If you find someone interesting, choose from one of the many options provided by the site.

Someone has to make the first move. Do you wait until someone calls you to offer you a job, or do you go out looking and asking? It's the same for dating. We all get rejected, but like the lottery says, you gotta play to win.

thomassisson's photo
Mon 11/15/10 08:07 AM
It appears that there is chatting located under the Search section. Does this include group chat? If so, are there categories such as men for men, and women seeking men? If not and this only a person to person feature, how do I sort men seeking men in my region from men seeking women while sorting my area form other areas?

What options a premium versus basic membership?

thomassisson's photo
Mon 11/15/10 07:55 AM
How about an option to have a display name different from you user name? I did not see anything on the page when I signed up that my user name would be my display name. Sometimes you choose a user name you can remember, but need a catchy display name. Other times, you may choose the user name Stud4Fun and realize that you are sending the wrong message or grow up.

If people have to deactivate and create new user names, the availability of user names will become strange and limited depending on popularity and name recycling.

I realize that these comments might be better in Features and Suggestions, but they seem to occur when one sees something lacking in the help forum. The Admin has the right to cross-post and edit.

thomassisson's photo
Mon 11/15/10 07:46 AM
There should be an option to report a profile directly on the profile that includes an option of incorrect data. Obvious options could include gender (not sex), age, and other identification. You'd be amazed at how many sites have women who claim to be men looking for men as well.

Including other options such as pre-op (pre-operation) male to female, cross dressing female, legally separated, or write-in options that could be screened by review, approval, or simply reported. Also a program could simply rate frequent write-ins, so if 20 people write unicorn, that could be ignored, but if 5% write in a current term for individuals who are born and keep both physical gender aspects, that could be approved.

I think that would help alleviate confusion and make the site work better for all with the least labor.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 08:05 PM
Ditto.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 07:53 PM
From someone nearly old enough to be your father, I'd say that you need to share something personal about yourself. Also, instead of saying something negative about girls from the past, talk about positive qualities that you would appreciate in ladies in the future.

I get it. You are attractive, sexy, fun-loving, but do you do anything that isn't just fun or is there something deeper about you. Please take this as helpful advice, not a criticism or an attack on your person.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 07:25 PM
Definitely lose the wedding veil. It's a beautiful picture but would scare away all but the bride shopper. If your marital status is unavailable, such as legally separated, put that at the top of your profile.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 05:59 PM
I don't know if you are getting more replies since posting here. I do think that expanding your age range is a good idea. You can always ignore the immature and mind numbing.

Without mentioning where you live, I can't imagine that your area is that different from my area. Limiting distance may seem reasonable, but things can be worked out without an expectation of staying the night. If you meet the right person and get married, relocation is a possibility.

Just my opinion. I hope it helps.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 05:33 PM
I think the first two words of your previous advice applies, be careful. Use the email and chatting tools provided here. Don't give out personal information. If something someone does makes you feel uncomfortable, get advice from a friend about it, and just block him. If he goes to far, report him if he violates the terms of service.

Finally, if they are that desperate, tell them I have man-breasts from middle age and give me some numbers--just kidding.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 05:23 PM
Overall, your profile is nice and I agree about more pictures. I think being upfront about your disability can be refreshing, but I think talking less about that and more about you would be helpful. It's not about your limitations but about your acclamations.

[A gay man who walks with a cane.]

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 05:13 PM
If the Rock is Slippery, what makes it slippery, and how do people stay there without slipping away?

I agree that you need to say what you want. The only thing I can see is that you want one thing that I am not, a woman.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 04:54 PM
You seem to have much to say without being too wordy. What you write sounds sincere. Your catch phrase is good also. I think being honest about what you do that does not identify your income level would be the only improvement I can see, such as a business man who enjoys cooking and sailing, or a construction worker who likes barbecues, or I spend my spare time working for Habitat for Humanity and like the theater.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 04:36 PM
I believe that this advice applies to everyone. I agree that some clearer pictures are better.

Have people you know take pictures of you in everyday life. Pictures eating out or at home, playing with your pet, at work or church, and socializing with friends are all good. Make sure your face shows clearly and that you are the main subject of the picture without identifying uniforms, signs, or other personal information is important.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 04:05 PM
So it seems that men are clueless, visual creatures, who can be drunks, whores, or just plain mean. This is all true. Women can be visual and physically motivated and men can be sensitive and emotional. However, men need to see what you have to offer in writing and pictures, while women want emotional and descriptive details of who you are.

Both want security usual in similarity of the other person and what is missing in the other person.

thomassisson's photo
Sun 11/14/10 03:49 PM
Just some thoughts I have that I believe could apply to anyone. Talk about yourself more. Do so without bragging and try to put it in terms that would let ladies know what that would do for them. Check your grammar. I realize that British English has spelling differences, but there are only a couple of grammar exceptions. Spelling and grammar tell women that you put thought into what you say.

Having a picture of you that shows you on a cover of MAXIM is not tasteful. Don't look for a soul mate or that special someone, since it can sound cheesy or fake. You are looking for a woman or lady with some common interests that you can date and get to know better and allow the relationship to grow. Use your own words, but be clear and sincere.

Feel free to comment or criticize my profile, so long as you are polite or kind. Peace and luck to all.