Community > Posts By > lighthouselover

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 04:00 PM

symbolism...I love it!!

It is a very interesting area of study indeed!

Great example of the symbolism with images!

from sociological research, the smile is believed to be a universal image as well...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 03:53 PM

The premise:

Reality is a multidimensional matrix of probabilities and events being experienced by observers throughout time.

You discovered a time machine.

How would you use it?

I would not use it. If I changed ONE thing in the past, then the entire events of anything that was associated with my life would be changed...without their consent.

The past bell has been rung...and I have gained and learned from it many many times...

The future bell has yet to ring and I do not have the knowledge that I would need to make the decisions into the future...until I live the lifetime between now and then.

There are many many things that I would have done differently, things I would not have done at all, yet, everything I know now would then be different, and not necessarily for the better...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 03:43 PM

i have to agree. but no matter who they are. if the Ukraine people did not have a visa. they should be arrested. but that being said. they should catch and deport these Mexicans. our country is over run with illegals. seems like no one is doing a thing about these illegals.

I hear you Mike! I think it is very important that we get tough on ANY illegals in our country. regardless of their national homeland!

there are many people who are taking this into their own hands...many citizens of the US are doing what they can do.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 03:26 PM

OK, I'll be a flying monkey! But I resent being stereotyped!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

You have no power here!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 03:20 PM

(depending upon how reflective it is)
What I find endlessly interesting is that how reflective (shiny) a substance is has mostly to do with the energy levels of the electron shell. The rest being due to molecular arrangements.

The world of particle interactions was the first curiosities to really get me addicted to science in my adult life.

I am also thinking that the human needs light to learn for the most part, to gain knowledge for the most part...

to see, we need a certain light spectrum, so without light, knowledge would be very limited...

I know that the human eye can adjust to "see" in various dim light, and dusk...I do not think that the human eye can see anything in complete darkness...and actually, I believe that the eyes that have been in darkness for a length of time, can be damaged by too much light too fast...

so, if there is total darkness, then little knowledge would be gained...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 03:12 PM

And how long has BHO's Aunt been here illegally?
Talk about blatant selective enforcement of the Law.

I am not in favor on ANYONE who is in our country illegally. I really don't care who it is or where they are...they need to either get legal or leave, IMO.

However, this entire situation would not have been picked up by the Feds at all. The FAA had approved the flight plan, obviously without regard to checking anything out...

IF it had not been for the civil situation in Texas and the judge there contacting officials here...they would probably not have been noticed. It sounds like they had been sitting in Texas for quite some time...4 months, I think.

Also, if they had been at a much bigger airport, they may have not been detained as the length of time for information to get communicated takes much longer...

The Feds did not detain them until the local Sheriff's office took a look, which was ONLY done due to the civil case in Texas that was on going...

so, really, it was not the intention to find people who were illegal at all, it just kind of happened...

Why they choose the flight plan they did, I cannot understand...except I know that many of the flights that go to Ireland and England from the west fly over the area all the time due to taking the 'short cut' over the curve of the Earth...

I do not think this was "selective" at all...it was really an "accident" so to say...

The thing of it is, the FAA approved the flight plan! The Feds did not even check out to see if the foreign pilot had a visa to be here!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 09:50 AM

Do creatures learn how to open their eyes, or does it just come naturally?

Is that experience-based action to be considered a type of knowledge?

IMO, the automatic action of blinking is not knowledge...

when someone "learns" all the nerves, muscles, functions that are used by the human eye to blink...that is knowledge.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 09:40 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/22/09 09:55 AM

When excreting waste, one would think that it does not require learning in the same way that cleaning up the mess does.

^^^Creative quote

If something is learned does that imply knowledge somewhere?

^^^Bushido quote

There are physiological systems in our human bodies that are wired to perform basic levels of function, some with out our conscious thought...

It is what allows us to function, without it, we would not exist in our present form...

The autonomic nervous system (ANS or visceral nervous system) is the part of the peripheral nervous system that acts as a control system functioning largely below the level of consciousness, and controls visceral functions.[1] The ANS affects heart rate, digestion, respiration rate, salivation, perspiration, diameter of the pupils, micturition (urination), and sexual arousal. Whereas most of its actions are involuntary, some, such as breathing, work in tandem with the conscious mind.

It is classically divided into two subsystems: the parasympathetic nervous system and sympathetic nervous system.[1][2] Relatively recently, a third subsystem of neurones that have been named 'non-adrenergic and non-cholinergic' neurones (because they use nitric oxide as a neurotransmitter) have been described and found to be integral in autonomic function, particularly in the gut and the lungs.

With regard to function, the ANS is usually divided into sensory (afferent) and motor (efferent) subsystems. Within these systems, however, there are inhibitory and excitatory synapses between neurones.

The enteric nervous system is sometimes considered part of the autonomic nervous system, and sometimes considered an independent system.

There are very complicated functions in the human body that many people have spent many years trying to learn how they work...

I think that the physiology of the human body is something that allows us to learn, to assimilate external information/data and bring us to a certain understanding/knowledge about it...

I do not think that basic physiology is knowledge or knowing...it just is.

so, IMO, I separate out the physiological "knowledge" that makes us human, to the information, data, or knowledge we learn with some external input...

We can however, teach the body/nerves/muscles to re-learn their function when they are damaged...

EDIT: my apologies, I did not list the link to the information I provided. I used wiki this time, although I think they are better sources out there...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomic_nervous_system

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 09:26 AM

you might have a point. but still think its harassment.

I actually do not see it as harassment, I see it as a start...albeit a very very small start...

The deal is up here...the Upper Peninsula of MI...there is a land area of about 17,000 sq miles, with about 300,000 people, not too many people really. Marquette County, where the airport is located, has 70,000 people and is the largest population of any of the counties.

Having a cargo jet land here is NOT a common event, in fact, having a 737 or any plane larger than a 52 passenger jet is not common at all. So, this plane stuck out up here...massively.

I would imagine that this would be a pretty regular event at some other airports; here the security many times is the local sheriff for the area, along with FAA workers.

We do not have a 24 hour airport, we do not have more than one security area, we do not have more than 20 flights a day....so this would be an attention getter for sure!

I honestly think that if this plane would have landed at a larger airport, they may have gone unnoticed!

IF they would have gotten stopped in a car and did not have a US drivers license, I would bet the same thing would have happened here.

I agree that all people who are not in this country legally, need to go back to their own country.

I was actually pretty surprised that they would even land at a place so remote...

(There are a LOT of rumors around here of a very active militia, and I have no reason to believe otherwise from some of the things I have seen...)

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 01:26 AM

Well let me explain the "Respect is earned" thing...see what ya think?

I without a DOUBT respect everyone's choices and wishes

I without a DOUBT respect everyones body and mind and their views

I without a DOUBT respect a woman enough to open the door and let them walk in first

Is that what you mean????

I meant my respect, that is what needs to be earned, not given awaybigsmile

And there are many many folks on Mingle who have my respect...and some who do not. So I don't need to "meet" someone to have them earn it.

oh ya, flowerforyou dont get ya too far in my book...neither do comments that have nothing to do with what i am talking about

My apologies for getting off topic.

I agree with your previous post. Thank you for the clarification.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 01:17 AM

ok, I see what you are saying yet I still do not agree that the Realist would feed the Idealist to encourage the 'free thinking' agenda.

The Realist, IMO, would have an agenda that would define a goal or set of goals with a clear profit margin/quota, (if we are comparing the Realist to corporate here, which is my impression of the statement),

and I also believe with my entire heart and soul that we always have a choice!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 01:09 AM

Respect is earned

not given

that is where we will disagree, which is fine.

I see respect more as an action. I tend to respect most everyone until they give me a reason not too...

and then generally, I can respect their choices...I do not have to interact with them, nor do I have to like them or their choices.

The way someone stops to listen to someone, or the way they treat a stranger shows me that they respect another persons ideas, or space, or need...

That is just how I look at respect...

I hear that respect has to be "earned" quite a bit though...

flowerforyou

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 01:03 AM
Edited by lighthouselover on Wed 07/22/09 01:03 AM

I have only seen the 'biblical' version of this.

Why ARE we here?

Do you know?

I learned some time back that generally asking why caused me a lot of frustration. especially when I was looking for a specific answer, which I would immediately recognize as truth when it was answered for me, right?

Who is going to give anyone the answer that they will say "oh...ok." The answer that you may be given as to why you are here, is then going to be accepted and POOF! life is all good, right?

Not the way it generally works for me anyway...so, I am more the type to see the reasons...to listen to something that calls me...more of a spiritual sensation than any type of revelation! then that is just me...

I also believe that a person will understand life backwards, and that the reasons will be clear when you learn the life lessons...

so, maybe that is why...to learn the lessons.

Is it more important to know why or to live with purpose?

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:52 AM

The airport up here is an old AFB...there is something like 12,000 feet of runway.

They are not releasing any information about what was on the cargo carrier, if anything. On the news, it showed that it was taped off. They also have huge hangers on the property where they said they may move the plane after it is fully inspected.

It is pretty remote up here and most of the land is not developed. There is 200 miles of water straight north to Canada...

I was outside when the plane flew in for landing as they generally land from the north and go out over Lake Superior...it is not often that a plane that large flies over...most planes are prop jets, so that gives you an idea of the general flight traffic!!

There seemed to be quite a few "official" looking people around when the news reported this over the weekend...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:42 AM

I think I am pretty hot

Know why? because I know how to treat a woman with respect

That is hot

in this guy's opinion

I agree with you. I also find that guy's that treat people in general with respect are more attractive, again...regardless of looks.

treating yourself with respect is hot too!!

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:26 AM

Dan Im with you 100%

and lighthouselover.......what are you talking about?

does the hot intelligent great sense of humor mixed in with the patience look like this??

If so, yes you will get hurt

I really doubt it. So, if I understand this...you are saying that "hot" guys are all buffed out like this dude?

that this type of guy is so focused on himself that he will not be a good catch in a relationship? and eventually hurt the woman?

I really like some candid shots of people...and I am not the type to be attracted to someone by their looks anyway...I am not all that concerned with the external of a person...

never have been...

and the main way that I will get hurt is if I do not allow myself to get to know someone prior to entering into a relationship with them...

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:18 AM

yes, I watched it. I was so upset that Will Smith would take part in promoting the behavior. Maybe it is because of what I used to do for a profession, I am not sure.

I have bought almost all of Smith's movies, and other movies along similar lines...this one I did NOT buy, nor will I.

There were parts of it that I could support and even praise the behavior...and I cannot say what I want to say without giving away too much of the movie.

I was appalled that Will Smith actually promoted this.

lighthouselover's photo
Wed 07/22/09 12:09 AM

so, IF I think a guy who is intelligent and has a great sense of humor mixed in with the patience to listen is hot...I am going to get hurt?

DAmmiT!

and I am also confused about this thread..which is pretty normal for me...

maybe it is because I woke up and cannot get back to sleep...

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/21/09 08:25 PM

I LOVE CAKE!!!

lighthouselover's photo
Tue 07/21/09 08:08 PM

I guess the people are going to leave the US via commercial flight...

the plane stays here in Marquette, MI.

I guess they forgot to pay the bills for the plane renovation in Texas..so the plane stays here and they go home...

I wonder who is going to pay for the plane?

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25