Community > Posts By > stilll

no photo
Fri 02/25/11 06:22 AM
I have great empathy for the married woman, I went thru the same thing with my ex-husband. I ended drinking again after over 6 yrs of sobriety. I am responsible for choosing to drink. My husband didn't realize how selfish he was being. If I were going for Cancer treatment, would he try to stop that? He just didn't "get it". Its so sad all that we went thru (I had to go to rehab and be away from my precious children and him). We all went thru so much pain, and then the marriage ended. He still didn't "get it". Sobriety has to be #1 in my life, without it I cannot have anything. He still blames "those AA people"... I can't change that. "It is What it is". I have not had a drink in over 4 yrs... There have been many challenges, but I Love this life, in a way that I would NOT give up for anything or anyone.

no photo
Tue 02/22/11 09:07 AM
That quote "It is what It is" has gotten me thru some real tough spots in life. If I am willing to accept what is, then I can get about using the Serenity Prayer. I believe there is always a solution...and yet for me...getting to the part where I need to "Let it Go". (which is the solution sometimes) can take much longer than it needs to. Thank God for this program...I have a choice today

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 06:22 AM
Edited by stilll on Sun 02/13/11 06:24 AM
"I am interested in being friends first".
Well...ok...but... the shirt-less pic of you, laying in bed, might convey something else.
Are you a politician?

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 04:21 AM

"I was a teacher and now just retired. I am caring, tender, honest and goodness. My photo is recently."

Oh good, another teacher.

. Oh God, another teacher.

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 05:47 PM

Y'all got me crackin' up! Tooooo frickin' funny, Lex!

Well, to be fair, I'm not the only one doing this!

I have to give tons of credit to tngxl65, who cracks ME up on a regular basis! He truly gets the concept of this thread, in a way that often makes me think "I wish I had come up with that!"

No, I'm not the only one doing this. I'm just the spokesmodel.

. When I first started reading this it seemed so sad. I didn't know if this guy was schizophrenic or what. It is "too frickin funny".

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 04:33 PM
"This space is too big to fill it up."

They have an operation for that now.
. Should I feel bad that I can't stop reading and laughing at these posts, its so sad and downright scary. People are out there creating more people.

no photo
Mon 02/07/11 05:55 PM
I had a similar situation, He finally admitted that he just wanted "a friend with benefits" and was afraid to tell me. Yeah, real gem, that one. Don't be bitter , Be Better :)