Community > Posts By > theemachine

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 09:32 PM
Yep, you pretty much nailed it on the head there Britty.

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 09:30 PM

All that God wants is that you Love him and that you love your neighbour as you love yourself.
PERIOD.
thats the new and current covenant that has been in action for the last 2008 years.

The ‘new’ covenant? I have heard this interpretation before, but doesn’t that fly in the face of Jesus’ claim that he didn’t come to change the laws?

Doesn’t the idea of a God who keep changing what he wants from us fly in the face of a supposedly ‘unchanging God’?

Also, if all God wants is that we love him and our neighbors as ourselves, then why would Christianity be unique? Sounds like what most religions claim that God wants.

If all you want is someone who loves god and their neighbor as themselves then why not just seek that? I'd probably qualify for that.

I’m just asking questions. flowerforyou

No it doesnt fly in His face:
"...if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbour as yourself."-Rom 13 v9. Gideons Int.

Jesus didnt change the law and Im not saying that that quote right there is the new covenant, Jesus summed up the commandments into that and if you think about the commandments; just by following that statemment prevents you from breaking any of them.

God has made multiple covenants over both testament times; God didnt change; he changed the covenant, not Himself ie: a REAL change would be something like God saying "sex with animals is A-OK."

Why is Christianity so unique?
because its the only "religion" if you want to call it that, that has had prophecies come true and coming true.

Besides that significant difference, you can follow another faith that preaches the same message but will you go to heaven?
This is a impossible question to answer because only God knows the heart; the person may be guilty of mens rea; only God knows this, only God will judge.

But lets say one is in a different faith that lives by the similar principles of TRUE Christianity, but is aware of Jesus & rejects Jesus as the Messiah; Yet again only God will judge but if you ask me, by referencing the Bible here, they wont live past death.

What Im asking is; What are the traits Christian women find attractive in men from a Christian perspective?
Im trying to get a general idea of what attractive traits a Christian man may have.

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:54 PM

Um not sure how that can be compared but if that's how you see it... You made specific statement about Christian women vs. every other woman.. I'm thinking I fall into the "every other woman" category WHICH has nothing to do with you being more HUMAN than I...

Alright, let me put it this way:
John is more christian than Anne and George is less Christian than Bob and Sam is slighty more Christian than Bob....

How can one be more Christian than another?

"I don't think I'm as Christian as you're looking for to answer this question"

In other words you think that Im more Christian than you, thats why I found it a interesting statement because you either are Christian or not just like you are human or not. One cant be more human than the other.

Or We're you meaning the amount of dedication?
end.
================================

What Christianity SHOULD be about is the RELATIONSHIP with God.
Not how much you tithe, how often you go to church or WHAT FRIGGIN DAY you go to church, or how often you do "mass" or whatever man-man dogma some denominations are brainwashed into believing are required.

All that God wants is that you Love him and that you love your neighbour as you love yourself.
PERIOD.
thats the new and current covenant that has been in action for the last 2008 years.

THATS why Abra so many Christians differ on their own beliefs, because the FACT is most of the 400+? "christian" denominations preach different things that push others away.

I have LONG hair and Im a man. By the Southern Baptist theology I am doing something wrong, sin against God or not, its their claim that I am shaming God for being a man with long hair.

BS.
why?
Because there ISNT ANY INTELLIGENT BIBLE STUDY supporting this, YET it is preached as if God said literally :"NO MAN SHALL HAVE LONG HAIR"

MEANWHILE...
YOu have the Nazarite vow (not allowed to cut hair)-John the Baptist took this vow and Jesus said something along the lines at that time "none is greater than John the Baptist"

So here we have a denomination that preaches INCORRECTLY.
In my opinion Southern Baptist does not qualify as Christian, amongst many many other "christian" churches.
and you Samson.

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:39 PM
*re-claims thread*
thanks to those that actually answered.

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:20 AM

I'd like to help but I don't think I'm as Christian as you're looking for to answer this question... I hope you get the answers you're looking for..

interesting statement,
"I don't think I'm as Christian as you're looking for to answer this question"

Same as saying "I dont think I'm as human as you" laugh

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:12 AM
I know this 'what do women look for in a man' question is asked at least once a week here and at least 5 times a day in yahoo answers and I know the answers to THAT general question no doubt, but what are the traits that a Christian woman look for in a man BESIDES the things EVERY other woman looks for?

I've often heard the "must love God more than me"
but what are rest?

no photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:08 AM

1: My guitar will always have a perfectly round body and a long neck

2: My guitar is always ready and willing to fingered

3: My guitar is never without a G-string

4: My guitar has a volume control

5: My guitar doesn’t get jealous if I play with another guitar

6: My guitar doesn’t care if I look at guitar magazines

7: I never fail to make my guitar produce sweet noises

8: I can play with my guitar in front of my friends

9: My guitar will never say “Congratulations! You’re about to be the father of a new guitar”

10: My guitar will never leave me

11: Never has a headache.

no photo
Mon 01/07/08 08:14 PM

"knights of cydonia" by MUSE

nice. that would be my close second.

no photo
Mon 01/07/08 08:13 PM
"green onions" by booker and the MG's.

no photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:30 PM
Its not me, its you..

no photo
Sat 01/05/08 04:27 PM

the last lady in my life told me i was, too nice? i don't get it. trying to be a good person here. i try to do the right things. i really dont like to judge, but, did i just get someone
who can't accept someone treating then good or can you be too
nice?

was it the kind of nice where you always want to do what she wants to do?
was it the kind where you always give in at a arguement 'to be the better person' or because 'you dont want to fight'?

because when a woman says "you are too nice" what she is saying is "I feel like you're holding me up on a podium"
women love to be pampered, but it has to becoming from the right place internally, if you are being nice because you are petrified that she will leave you then its REEKS in the atmosphere of your relationship and its repulsive.

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 07:24 PM
ok ok ok people, if your stalker feature is broken, make your own thread in the help section OK!!?1/?!
JEEEEEEEEZ.
dang hi-jackers!

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:49 PM

not bad for month. i've been here for 6 or 7 months i think and i;m only on 3.
who cares.smokin

right on.

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:46 PM
whats on my mind?
Im seeing the story of Animal Farm happening in my own country.

no photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:45 PM
Make sense of this statement:

"The bill did not restrict free speech but only restricted the right to purchase speech through advertising, Associate Justice Minister Annette King said today."
source- stuff.co.nz

Therefore, If I bought a plank, some cardboard, a marker and wrote ANYTHING that may sway a voters vote = (or in other words VOICED MY OWN DAMN OPINION) = I've broken the law.

This bill was RUSHED through in Dec after FURIOUS debates and several MASSIVE marches which I and my family attended because it is a blatant attack on democracy and is now LAW and is being in action for the rest of this year.

its focus is because its an election year which is why I would be arrested for saying "dont vote X because of Y".

So next year I have free speech but this year I can get a criminal record for having my say.

Its just a matter of time until the 1st person has a go at this law, so right now there is nothing on th WWW about it besiddes some NZ sites.
Fact is no one should EVER have to THINK before they voice their OPINION.

This is what happens when you live in a country WITHOUT a consitution.

Animal Farm anyone?
fouuur leeegs gooood, twooo leeggss baaaaad.

no photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:56 PM
I sure my buddy Ted Bundy can hook you up. reall nice guy!

no photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:55 PM

I love long hair on a guy. Dunno why, it's usually a sign of an asshole laugh

*awaits bashing*

I wont bash you. You did say "usually", after all laugh
If you'd said "always" I'd be upset

ya and besides, there are a lot of guys here with long hair and non of them are ****heads.

no photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:54 PM
long hair rules!
I cut my hair 3 years ago- I used to get frequent dreams of having long hair and thinking "man I was such a dumbass for cutting this mane!"
now that Im growing my hair back I get the opposite dream lol:
"DAMNIT! why the hell did I cut my hair!?"
its a relief to wake up.

no photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:51 PM

thats just mean, have a little sympathy for someone who is in need of real help!

laugh tis only a tease

no photo
Wed 01/02/08 03:49 PM

Long story short, the guy i came to visit snapped last night and is trying to kick me out but my plane for texas doesn't leave until Friday (from LAX airport) and I won't have anywhere to go. Yeah this is a long shot but i'm hoping someone from LA will see this and have a kind heart...or something :-\

I can clean, somewhat cook, i'm low maintance, I won't cause any problems...just for 2 days or even today and ill try finding more help for tomorrow..

I have a friend living in LA that can help you out; look him up: Ted Bundy.laugh

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25