Community > Posts By > Annareese

no photo
Sat 04/30/11 04:50 PM

Not sure how to feel being in my thirties now.

Feel the same. It's not about feeling younger for me or thinking life is ending or anything like that. It's just a sense of feeling unsure about what it means to be this age. It's a weird place to be. It's not bad or that anything huge happens but you're not sure what to expect.

no photo
Sat 04/30/11 04:45 PM
Edited by Annareese on Sat 04/30/11 04:45 PM
Yeah, being treated well will spoil anyone laugh

no photo
Thu 04/28/11 12:13 PM

I live in a remote area so I would have to travel 50-300 miles to have a conversation in person. Unless I found someone in my small home town. That's pretty unlikely. laugh

Ah, I see what you mean. :smile:

no photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:43 AM
Edited by Annareese on Thu 04/28/11 11:49 AM

Conversations are nice yes, but I can get that on mingle. LOL

To each their own. Who isn't looking for chemistry? Everyone is.

Each person has different things they're looking for. And conversations, at least for me, are more than posts on a computer screen. I prefer talking with people and getting to know them without the technology.

Good conversation skills are underrated.

no photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:40 AM
Great advice. Thank you both for responding.

no photo
Tue 04/26/11 01:46 PM
Don't mind the eyes but a deep voice is still a win.

no photo
Tue 04/26/11 01:42 PM
Edited by Annareese on Tue 04/26/11 01:47 PM
I've been out of the dating loop for a while and i'm not sure what to expect.

Curious about how to go about making the first steps in dating.

Not a party person but prefer more quieter activities such as conversation, dining out, going to the movies.

no photo
Tue 04/26/11 12:59 PM
Edited by Annareese on Tue 04/26/11 01:00 PM

I don't have much in common with someone my age. I'm a little more settled so I've been wondering if older is better compared to younger, but I think at this point it's less about age and more about experiences, comfort level, and compatibility. I would probably avoid dating anyone more than 4 years younger.

When you get into the 60's four years younger is hardly worth mentioning. In the 70s, 8os or 90s its basically only a matter of what kind of shape you are in, rather than numbers.

At 19, my older man was late 30's. At 62, my younger man might be 45 or 55. At 70, he might be 50 or 60. But I plan to be in good shape at 70. bigsmile I still wouldn't rule out older men, if they are still in good health and interested in a date. bigsmile

I have no medical problems, no diseases, I still have most of my teeth, and I don't take any illegal or prescription drugs. Wow now that's information for the profile of an older person. laugh laugh

Yeah, a few years age difference is not going to matter as much when someone is older compared to younger. In the end, it's going to come down to other things besides age whether it will work. Although I can appreciate the appeal of someone younger, I wouldn't date someone younger just because they're young or younger. Doesn't appeal to me. Maturity matters more than age ever will, at least for me. I'm more concerned about whether I can have a conversation with someone, and whether there's enough similarities or interests between us to make it work.

no photo
Tue 04/26/11 12:37 PM

yeah, it is fun to just talk sometimes.

I know for me, I try to make sure I understand what is being said as well as making sure I am being understood. Communication only works if both people understand the same thing. :smile:

Agree

no photo
Tue 04/26/11 12:26 PM
I don't have much in common with someone my age. I'm a little more settled so I've been wondering if older is better compared to younger, but I think at this point it's less about age and more about experiences, comfort level, and compatibility. I would probably avoid dating anyone more than 4 years younger.

no photo
Tue 04/26/11 12:16 PM
The profile descrip was a little formal so I'm hoping it reads a little better. :smile:

no photo
Sun 04/24/11 08:29 AM
How do you handle rejection, whether from a initial contact with a potential interest or a relationship?

What's the best approach?

no photo
Sun 04/24/11 07:57 AM

Yes.

I see exactly that which I want from this life...and work towards it.

I also, though, take notice of the unexpected....oftentimes the unexpected is a direction offered which leads me closer to a goal.

Like this

no photo
Sun 04/24/11 07:56 AM
Wonderful :)

no photo
Sun 04/24/11 07:49 AM

My values, wants, and needs have not changed, and I don't see them changing. Those are pretty determined at my core. What I look for has not changed either, since I look for compatibility.

Maturity is important to me. I don't mind playfulness, young at heart types, but You also have to know when to take care of your business and be an adult.

I just expect a responsible partner to put in as much effort as I do. I don't think it will work if one partner is making an effort, and the other isn't.

agree. I think yes, as a couple we should enjoy be able make each other laugh but there is a time and place for everything including a time to be serious.

no photo
Sun 04/24/11 07:35 AM
Edited by Annareese on Sun 04/24/11 07:38 AM
As you get older, how have your values, wants, or needs changed?

Do you look for different things in a partner as you age?

Is maturity important? Or is it just an overused word?

What do you expect from a responsible partner?

no photo
Sat 04/23/11 06:16 PM
What are your dating and/or relationship must haves and can't stands?

no photo
Sat 04/23/11 05:50 PM
Great photo, simple. But describe your interests in more detail.

no photo
Sat 04/23/11 05:35 PM
Edited by Annareese on Sat 04/23/11 06:18 PM
. . .

no photo
Sat 04/23/11 05:33 PM

I see a nice guy (that's a plus!) who is willing to be a little funny, a little exposed by not engaging in stupid macho posturing, and someone who looks fun and approachable.

agree :)

Previous 1