Community > Posts By > Swede700

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 10:44 PM

Hillary is really the best being offered to us at this time. I know there are those who are in denial but it is the truth....lol

I respectfully disagree, because she doesn't have the ability to bring both sides of the aisle together to get things accomplished. What is needed is a candidate who is willing to work with the other side of the aisle, maybe even come to a compromise (which seems to have become a sign of weakness in today's political climate).

If Hillary gets elected, nothing will change. She may mean what she says, but that doesn't change the fact that all Republicans and half of the Independents (if not more) don't care for her.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 10:33 PM
Edited by Swede700 on Thu 01/10/08 10:34 PM

Obama is one heck of a speech maker. But...after you have heard the same thing 15 times....

I would trust Hillary over Obama to deal with Pakiston's nuclear bombs. She is more qualified.

I don't. Having the ability to be persuasive as well as tough in delicate situations such as that are the attributes needed by our new President. I personally don't believe Hillary has any persuasive ability whatsoever, unlike her husband. While I might not know whether Barack has both qualities, my feeling is that he does. And to regain our power in the international arena, we need a leader who can persuade other country's leaders to follow our lead. I have confidence that Barack is the one who can accomplish that.

However, if you look at all the candidates in both parties, who, of any of them is truly fully qualified to take that on? The only one that truly had that kind of experience just dropped out of the race today...Bill Richardson. No one on the Republican side could. The closest one is McCain, and I personally think he's too out of touch with the majority of the electorate to be electable.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 10:16 PM

like now, we've turned iraq into a terrorist state. a place for them to gather and attack us or recruit upset commoners

we need a prez who will not only show he has balls, but also a mind.

Actually, its turned into quite the opposite now. Al Qaeda is running scared, the province that was once the center of Al Qaeda, Anbar Province, is about to be returned to full Iraqi control because Al Qaeda is in retreat. Just thought I'd add my two sense to rash claims lacking in reality.

Afghanistan, Syria and Iran (two state sponsors of terror), and the border of northern Pakistan are terrorist states.

Iraq was flooded by terrorists, Zarqawi was there before we invaded and had set up bases of operations and movement of devoted terrorists into the country, all which the Saddam government knew about. However, they have been run out thanks to the US military and the Iraqi people who first favored or allowed them to remain, but then realized they were a great evil and destroying their country and now are being tossed out from one province after another.

I'm glad you believe all the garbage propaganda you're fed by our government.

al-Anbar Province (which is how it's properly spelled) was only cleaned up because the Iraqi tribal chiefs stood up against the insurgents, not because of what we did.

And whether Zarqawi was in Iraq prior to the invasion or not isn't that relevant and shouldn't be used as a basis of a preemptive strike. Furthermore, Zarqawi was not associated with Saddam, he was actually more tied to the Iranians than Saddam. Also, evidence has begun to show that Zarqawi was not a significant player in Al-Qaeda, and may have actually been been disassociated from them even prior to our invasion.

So, when you come back with an opinion based on real facts and not innuendo spun to you by our government or Fox News, let me know and I'll listen.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:52 PM

Today John Kerry endorsed Senator Obama for the presidency. Who didn't see that coming, one trator endorsing another laugh

Please...where is your evidence that either is a traitor? (Yes, that is actually how it is spelled). What, because one won't wear a flag lapel pin or possibly forgot to put his hand over his heart one time and both spoke out against unjust wars? I consider circumventing the US Constitution for your own personal gain more of a traitorous act than those. And our current Commander-In-Chief has done that numerous times.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:45 PM
Back on topic...Huckabee isn't really a serious candidate, and I like Colbert as a comedian...as a politician, not so much. He needs to stick to what he's better at, which is comedy. Jon Stewart would be much better as a politician, because not everything he utters is laced with satire. He actually can be serious.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:38 PM

I watched it religiously up until last year, where I didn't care really if I missed a show or 2. When people started voting more for personality than talent, it began to get boring. The past 2 years, the person with the most talent didn't win (Jordin was probably the 2nd best though.) It's become a farce. I'll still probably watch it some, but I won't care if I miss it or not.

jordin is my cousin!!!

I saw that...that is pretty cool. She seems like a really nice girl and she's got a very good voice. I just liked Melinda a little better...but it would have been a much better finale had it been those 2 instead of Blake being there.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:32 PM
Gotta love Enya. I first heard "Orinoco Flow" back in '93 or '94 (my roommate played it all the time), and I was hooked on Enya's music ever since. She's awesome...and yes, she is hot too.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:29 PM
O'Reilly is the biggest idiot on TV News. He's not even a real journalist. He needs to go back to Inside Edition.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:25 PM
Edited by Swede700 on Thu 01/10/08 09:28 PM
I watched it religiously up until last year, where I didn't care really if I missed a show or 2. When people started voting more for personality than talent, it began to get boring. The past 2 years, the person with the most talent didn't win (Jordin was probably the 2nd best though.) It's become a farce. I'll still probably watch it some, but I won't care if I miss it or not.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:22 PM
I loved the first 2, so it's hard to pick between those 2. The 3rd one was okay, but they tried to jam too much into it, so it was kind of a mess. If they had just done the Sandman and the Hobgoblin (Harry) it would have been fine, but throwing Venom in as well was a little too much.

Swede700's photo
Thu 01/10/08 09:19 PM
Hey, Trekkin! How are you doing? It appears you survived the ice storm, so it's good to see you back here!

I like the snow though...laugh

Swede700's photo
Fri 12/21/07 09:38 AM
I know we got the thread for Kansas City and one for Missouri, but we need one for the rest of us Kansans, so here it is! If you're from Wichita, Garden City, Abilene, Topeka, Lawrence, or even Goodland, now you have a place to post for yourself! laugh laugh drinker drinker drinker :tongue: :tongue:

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:39 AM
Jessica Simpson looks like a man, but that's another story. Tony Romo blew it when he dissed Carrie Underwood.

She's not the brightest bulb in the drawer either, but Romo seems to going down the IQ chart (although I know nothing about Sophia Bush's intelligence).

I bet he dumped Kelly Clarkson too (who is also from Texas), which is why she made that album of her heartbreak. He probably dumped her for Carrie.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:33 AM
I've played it for years, although I kind of stopped paying attention to my teams a few weeks ago because I've been so busy.

But, I'm in leagues on Yahoo, FoxSports.com, ESPN.com, and CBSSportsline.com. I've always preferred Yahoo, but CBS and Fox aren't bad at all. ESPN is all flash, no substance.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:31 AM
That certainly was an ugly win to say the least, but it's all good, I'll take it.

Next week, the Love Boat Captain returns to town. laugh laugh drinker drinker

Swede700's photo
Fri 12/14/07 11:31 AM
harrowing

Swede700's photo
Wed 12/12/07 02:27 PM
Cold Turkey was the only effective way for me to do it, because it was the habitual addiction moreso than a physical addiction. Utilizing a patch would have been pointless, as would the gum, because getting over the addiction to nicotine wasn't the hard part.

I had quit for about 7 months, until my now ex-wife said she wanted a divorce. I went back to smoking for a couple of months, and have now quit again and have been smoke-free for about 3 months.

Swede700's photo
Wed 12/12/07 07:28 AM
I got divorced a couple of months ago, so yes, last I checked, that's single.

I'm certainly not on the "Let's Have Sex" brigade. That's not my style, because I wasn't raised that way.

Swede700's photo
Wed 12/12/07 07:25 AM

not yet i'm new on this site :tongue: :tongue:

You will, though, because you're too cute to not get one.

However, as the others have said, some guys like full-figured women, some don't, it's all a matter of preference.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/11/07 09:06 AM

It's kind of like what George Carlin says in lots of his stand-up bits. The government doesn't care about the homeless. There are segments of society, which show the worst of us, that they don't want to talk about. They talk about reducing taxes. Guess what folks, reducing taxes doesn't give the homeless an opportunity to get a home. Reducing taxes don't keep people from filing bankruptcy due to out of control medical costs.

And reducing taxes, I'm sorry to tell my dear Republican friends, do not, in reality, create jobs. What it does is give corporations more money to invest in new technology which eliminates even more jobs.

That's funny, because everytime we have reduced taxes, more jobs have been created. So what you are saying is that the truth is the opposite of reality? laugh

You have to look inside the so-called "truth." On the whole, the great majority of the jobs that have been "created" don't pay as much as the jobs that were eliminated. That's the real truth.

Previous 1 3 4 5