Community > Posts By > SharpShooter10

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 01:15 AM

why is, it some people on this site are so lazy. i have written loads of e, mail,s, to people, but some, of them dont like to reply. all it takes is a bit of time to respond, to a e, mail. if people aint intrested, why cant they just say so. it will save, me time and effort, and save me wasteing my time in trying to get back in touch with them again. only to have them turn, there computers off, couse they cant be botherd to reply.
Just take it in stride, most success is preceded by failuredrinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 01:08 AM

#1: President Obama wants to euthanize your grandma.

The truth: These accusations—of "death panels" and forced euthanasia—are, of course, flatly untrue.

As an article from the Associated Press puts it: "No 'death panel' in health care bill." What's the real deal? Reform legislation includes a provision, supported by the AARP, to offer senior citizens access to a professional medical counselor who will provide them with information on preparing a living will and other issues facing older Americans.

#2: Democrats are going to outlaw private insurance and force you into a government plan!!!

The truth: With reform, choices will increase, not decrease.

Obama's reform plans will create a health insurance exchange, a one-stop shopping marketplace for affordable, high-quality insurance options. Included in the exchange is the public health insurance option—a nationwide plan with a broad network of providers—that will operate alongside private insurance companies, injecting competition into the market to drive quality up and costs down.

If you're happy with your coverage and doctors, you can keep them. But the new public plan will expand choices to millions of businesses or individuals who choose to opt into it, including many who simply can't afford health care now.

#3: President Obama wants to implement Soviet-style rationing.

The truth: Health care reform will expand access to high-quality health insurance, and give individuals, families, and businesses more choices for coverage.

Right now, big corporations decide whether to give you coverage, what doctors you get to see, and whether a particular procedure or medicine is covered—that is rationed care. And a big part of reform is to stop that.

Health care reform will do away with some of the most nefarious aspects of this rationing: discrimination for pre-existing conditions, insurers that cancel coverage when you get sick, gender discrimination, and lifetime and yearly limits on coverage. And outside of that, as noted above, reform will increase insurance options, not force anyone into a rationed situation.

#4: Obama is secretly plotting to cut senior citizens' Medicare benefits.

The truth: Health care reform plans will not reduce Medicare benefits.

Reform includes savings from Medicare that are unrelated to patient care—in fact, the savings comes from cutting billions of dollars in overpayments to insurance companies and eliminating waste, fraud, and abuse.

#5: Obama's health care plan will bankrupt America.

The truth: We need health care reform now in order to prevent bankruptcy—to control spiraling costs that affect individuals, families, small businesses, and the American economy.

Right now, we spend more than $2 trillion dollars a year on health care. The average family premium is projected to rise to over $22,000 in the next decade—and each year, nearly a million people face bankruptcy because of medical expenses. Reform, with an affordable, high-quality public option that can spur competition, is necessary to bring down skyrocketing costs. Also, President Obama's reform plans would be fully paid for over 10 years and not add a penny to the deficit.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck/

The only thing bothering me so far is the comparison to how it will be modeled after VA health care and how good that works on some news shows, The VA healthcare system the last several years has slid waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy downhill

What news shows are you referring to?
Don't remember the guys name and not quite sure which news show but will go with FOX, that's the only one worth watching:smile:

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 01:05 AM
Presidential candidate Barack Obama was visiting a
>>>> primary school and he visited one of the classes. They were in the
>>>> middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The
>>>> teacher asked the presidential candidate if he would like to lead
>>>> the discussion on the word 'tragedy'. So our illustrious democratic

>>>> presidential candidate asked the class for an example of a
>>>> 'tragedy'.
>>>> >
>>>> > One little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best
>>>> friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor
>>>> runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy.'
>>>> >
>>>> > 'No,' said Obama, 'that would be an
>>>> accident.'
>>>> >
>>>> > A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus
>>>> carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside,
>>>> that would be a tragedy.'
>>>> >
>>>> > 'I'm afraid not,' explained Obama.
>>>> 'That's what we would call great loss.'
>>>> >
>>>> > The room went silent. No other children volunteered.
>>>> Obama searched the room. 'Isn't there someone here who can give me
>>>> an example of a tragedy?'
>>>> >
>>>> > Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised
>>>> his hand. In a quiet voice he said: 'If the plane carrying you and
>>>> Mrs. Obama was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to
>>>> smithereens that would be a tragedy.'
>>>> >
>>>> > 'Fantastic!' exclaimed Obama. 'That's
>>>> right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?'
>>>> >
>>>> > 'Well,' says Little Johnny, 'It has to be
>>>> a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss... And it
>>>> probably wouldn't be an accident either.
>>>
>>>

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 01:02 AM
drinker Mornin'drinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 01:01 AM

Well,maybe when,one of you gos,"damn,this is serious".
laugh drinker that's about it in a nutshell

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 12:56 AM
Well Good Morning Sexy Darlin' smooched drool drinker :tongue: love

SharpShooter10's photo
Fri 08/14/09 12:39 AM
Those all sound great and would be nice, me, at my age, I'll take a paid tab at the moonlight bunny ranch for a long weekendbigsmile drinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:54 PM

I wonder what everyone thinks about wearing a cross around the neck as a symbol of Christianity.

I used to wear one. I've seen many types, some downright sparkly and artistic. They are pretty, the real cross though.... different story. It's an instrument of certain death.

My understanding was the crucifixion was the most cruel type of death at the time. Not to mention humiliating. One never sees guillotine, electric chair or firearm pendants.

I just think it's a curious thing and wonder what if anyone else has ever pondered it.
I don't see anything wrong with it while I don't wear one personally.. I don't like the ones depicting Christ on the cross myself but that's just me.

SharpShooter10's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:47 PM
Nope, just don't think so

SharpShooter10's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:43 PM

do we really care?

you'd care if they landed on your uranus...then you should care if they land on your moon. flowers

shocked shocked shocked

If they land on the moon aren't they near uranusindifferent laugh drinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:42 PM

I had a drink with Elvis last weekend
and he cooked me up a fried nanner sandwichdrinker laugh

SharpShooter10's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:39 PM

Tue Aug 11, 9:10 pm ET

SALEM, Ore. – A burglary suspect confronted inside a garage was arrested wearing only underwear, and police said they weren't even his. Marion County sheriff's deputies said they responded to a call from a woman late Monday night who said her boyfriend had caught a burglar in their garage and was holding him for police.

Deputies said the man was wearing nothing but the woman's underwear. They later located large garbage bags full of women's clothing, underwear, shoes and accessories in the suspect's garage in the same neighborhood.

Deputies charged a 47-year-old man with burglary, theft, criminal trespass and possession of illegal fireworks.

I wonder where he had the fireworks??? lol
wow laugh drinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:36 PM

#1: President Obama wants to euthanize your grandma.

The truth: These accusations—of "death panels" and forced euthanasia—are, of course, flatly untrue.

As an article from the Associated Press puts it: "No 'death panel' in health care bill." What's the real deal? Reform legislation includes a provision, supported by the AARP, to offer senior citizens access to a professional medical counselor who will provide them with information on preparing a living will and other issues facing older Americans.

#2: Democrats are going to outlaw private insurance and force you into a government plan!!!

The truth: With reform, choices will increase, not decrease.

Obama's reform plans will create a health insurance exchange, a one-stop shopping marketplace for affordable, high-quality insurance options. Included in the exchange is the public health insurance option—a nationwide plan with a broad network of providers—that will operate alongside private insurance companies, injecting competition into the market to drive quality up and costs down.

If you're happy with your coverage and doctors, you can keep them. But the new public plan will expand choices to millions of businesses or individuals who choose to opt into it, including many who simply can't afford health care now.

#3: President Obama wants to implement Soviet-style rationing.

The truth: Health care reform will expand access to high-quality health insurance, and give individuals, families, and businesses more choices for coverage.

Right now, big corporations decide whether to give you coverage, what doctors you get to see, and whether a particular procedure or medicine is covered—that is rationed care. And a big part of reform is to stop that.

Health care reform will do away with some of the most nefarious aspects of this rationing: discrimination for pre-existing conditions, insurers that cancel coverage when you get sick, gender discrimination, and lifetime and yearly limits on coverage. And outside of that, as noted above, reform will increase insurance options, not force anyone into a rationed situation.

#4: Obama is secretly plotting to cut senior citizens' Medicare benefits.

The truth: Health care reform plans will not reduce Medicare benefits.

Reform includes savings from Medicare that are unrelated to patient care—in fact, the savings comes from cutting billions of dollars in overpayments to insurance companies and eliminating waste, fraud, and abuse.

#5: Obama's health care plan will bankrupt America.

The truth: We need health care reform now in order to prevent bankruptcy—to control spiraling costs that affect individuals, families, small businesses, and the American economy.

Right now, we spend more than $2 trillion dollars a year on health care. The average family premium is projected to rise to over $22,000 in the next decade—and each year, nearly a million people face bankruptcy because of medical expenses. Reform, with an affordable, high-quality public option that can spur competition, is necessary to bring down skyrocketing costs. Also, President Obama's reform plans would be fully paid for over 10 years and not add a penny to the deficit.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck/

The only thing bothering me so far is the comparison to how it will be modeled after VA health care and how good that works on some news shows, The VA healthcare system the last several years has slid waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy downhill

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:58 PM

glasses They are called Draconiansglasses
They are gonna be pissed when they see my lizard skin ropers laugh

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:56 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Mornin Darlin BadGirl

flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers flowers

drinks drinks drinks drinks drinks drinks

((((( Grammy )))))

((((( silver )))))

(((( BL )))))

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:50 PM

Morals anyone?

Are there conditions in which you could accept that it is best to make fun of another?

Is it always wrong?
comedy, it's always funny then drinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:47 PM
I'd like to go back and kill whomever invented commercials grumble bigsmile laugh drinker

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:41 PM

A great show on the history channel about the ancient astronaut theory is on. There have been a lot of related shows on the History channel about aliens and ancient astronauts.

I think someone is trying to prepare the world for the news.

Aliens exist.
They are not unidentified or alien when we know what they are bigsmile

JB drinker flowerforyou

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:33 PM
H drinker

O smokin

W drinker

D drinks

Y waving

SharpShooter10's photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:27 PM

I believe they know exactly what they're saying. "Parroting" a person can be even more effective then actually responding sometimes.

There's an article in the Reader's Digest about a Quaker Parrot who starting screaming "Mama, Baby, Mama" when the child she was babysitting started choking on a poptart. The woman hadn't ever taught the word "baby".

Another woman took her parrot to the vet for some surgery, and the bird cried out "Mama, I love you, I'll be good, don't leave" as she walked out. That was in an BirdTalk article.

My parakeets natter away at each other and I find the high pitched noise amusing. I enjoy watching them bounce around and interact with each other, and the dog. Also, since the chickens pen is outside my window, it's funny watching how the 'keets pay attention to the noises the birds make. Rooster sounds off about something in the air, the chickens beeline for the trees, and even the parakeets hunker down.

Bek, the 'tiel, likes to pretty bird himself, and mimic the mockingbirds, and they mimic right back. There's mockingbirds that get out part of "Bridge over the River Kwai" Kinda trippy.

Gypsy, quaker parrot, doesn't say much, except to mutter rather low. I'm left wondering if she's plotting against us or something.

Gaea, Patagonian conure, ahhh, now that's a silly bird. She is a South American parrot, in a Texas household, with a Bronx accent when she says "Hi, how are ya?!" She also has this weird thing where she'll laugh at funerals on TV. Totally bizarre, and definitely kills the serious mood. Funny as all get out.

I have a Quaker Parrot, they are cooldrinker

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25