Community > Posts By > Kat1974

Kat1974's photo
Fri 02/03/12 08:32 PM
So I am fairly new here and so many of you have found your way into my heart. I enjoy our debates, our chats and our plain goofing off.

I adore you all. flowers

Thank you for always putting a smile on my face when I need one, making me laugh when I feel things are just a bit to tough and I need to lighten up, and for the sharing of your all opinions that help me broaden my views.

Kat1974's photo
Fri 02/03/12 08:28 PM
Happy fantabulous birthday wishes!! flowers

Kat1974's photo
Fri 02/03/12 08:27 PM
I totally believe in ghosts. I grew up in a small place called Fredericksburg Va. This city has been in the middle of the revolutionary war, and the civil war. A lot of the buildings downtown are from the revolutionary times. From all the blood that has been spilled on the streets and the surrounding battlefields there are tons of unexplained occurances.

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/30/12 04:53 PM

Nope I don't have a valentine. It is a big night in the restaurant world and so I will be working. *le sigh*

I will be at band rehearsal on Valentine's day which is just fine by me. :banana:

I do find it quite fun to make magical meals for our Valentines Day special. I have been playing with spices on some of the hand fed foods that make your fingertips tingle and then your lips but doesn't change the taste of the dishes.

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/30/12 04:50 PM
I have to choose B.

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/30/12 04:48 PM
Anytime :) Thanks for letting me. I appreciate you all smooched

Kat1974's photo
Mon 01/30/12 11:20 AM
I was fearless as a little one. When I was four we lived just above a lake that always had a bunch of geese. I would race down the hill and charge at the flock of geese laughing and send them flying.

Kat1974's photo
Sun 01/29/12 08:41 PM

The only problem I have is with certain people who feel the need to challenge others points of view. @ Kat1974, I can understand the discrimination you've endured, after all I'm a woman of color. Not saying you do this, but straight people get bashed and looked at as being haters against gays when they believe differently and voice it.

I have nothing against gays. If I did, I would start with my sister first and other family members in my family who are gay, and that ain't happening. I love my sister, respect her decision to live her life as she chooses and I'm thankful she respects my beliefs as well. Respect goes both ways. Sometimes I just need to ignore those who challenge others in the forums, and mind my business. happy Nice to know you Kat as apart of the forum. :smile:

Unfortunately what you said is true. It happens in every community. You have haters. I would like to think that it is not the majority. I think it is important that we voice our opinions..everyone. You may not like what they have to say but respect it as it is their views. I am most of the time grateful for other views and opinions because to just look at the world in one way limits your world and how you see it. I do apologize for all the hated looks. Straight pride, gay pride...black white, green, orange, blue...Be proud of who you are, what you believe, and just yeah being you. Most people seem to forget something about the rainbow flag...Most say..rainbow flag..gay flag. Wrong. That flag actually represents "celebrating diversity" I think that is something we all can celebrate.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 06:37 PM
Edited by Kat1974 on Sat 01/28/12 06:45 PM
Being gay myself I decided to respond to this post. What is gay pride to me?

I grew up in an area and a time you could be arrested just for holding your girlfriend's hand. You get bullied at school and the school looks the other way because it will "set them straight". Then let's go with the bashers and the haters that rape you just because of who you love. The law looks the other way because again it is teaching us a lesson. Don't want to get beaten, attacked, raped? Don't be gay in public. So growing up in that situation, being tossed out of your family and home for simply saying "hey mom? I really like my best friend so and so." It is tough. You grow up in that and you have to fight for your right to just stay true to a small part of who you are. To have one day where you can look around and see support, no hate, and that you aren't alone when facing all of that? HUGE help. Who doesn't like to hear "you are not alone".

Now I don't like labels. But I do have gay pride because I had to fight uphill and down a road that is not friendly just to be able to say "this is a part of who I am.I am gay" It is something I can't change about myself, something I dont want to change about myself and a part of me I embrace. It is not a choice. I take pride in being able to be me facing all the negatives and not giving in on hating back. So all of that is gay pride to me.

Hope that answers your question Johnn..Just keep in mind..this is what it is to me.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 06:04 PM

Care to give the link to the little cut and paste job you did? Because I always find the whole picture, the whole article enlightening. Like who did that research? When was that research done? What was the target area of that research? How many women were took part in that research? I won't call what you presented as facts.

The link is in the post you just quoted. I always include the link when I do a "little cut and paste job".

You know what I find a bit disturbing and creepy is that most men will assume that there is something wrong on the woman's end if she doesn't want to have sex with them.

Do you find it creepy that most of the posts in this forum put all of the blame on the man?

It could be them, it could be something else.

You are singing from my hymnal.

Each woman is different.

Yep.

The creepy part is they would try to use the same messed up crap that you presented as a way to manipulate a woman into having sex with them.

I've never heard of guys going around showing women studies on lack of desire as a method of getting laid. Since you have stated that it doesn't work, I guess I won't try it.

There is something wrong with you, not me.

When did this become personal? Who was I trying to get to sleep with me?

I take offense to that for the same reason I have had that kind of crap pulled on me, just for being a lesbian and a guy took offense to me not wanting to invite him to my bed, or join him in his.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Some guy tried to seduce you by showing you statistics showing that 19%-50% of women suffer from sexual disfunction?

The whole arguement of "It can't be me, it must be something wrong with you" I didn't use the "". I think there isn't a woman on here that hasn't heard a guy use that arguement of "there must be something wrong with you". Just because they said no. I think that arguement is disturbing and creepy and wrong on every level. But that is my opinion, I just found that presentation of statistics and putting them under "facts" just a really another way of presenting that arguement. That is how I took it and I took offense to it.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 05:41 PM
Edited by Kat1974 on Sat 01/28/12 05:43 PM

Female Sexual Dysfunction: Evaluation and Treatment

Estimates of the number of women who have sexual dysfunction range from 19 to 50 percent in “normal” outpatient populations3–6 and increase to 68 to 75 percent when sexual dissatisfaction or problems (not dysfunctional in nature) are included.5,7 Yet, one review of physicians' chart notes revealed a recorded sexual problem in only 2 percent.5 In another review, physician inquiry of patients in a gynecologic office setting about sexual problems increased reported complaints about sexual dysfunction sixfold.3 This discrepancy demonstrates a need for physician education in this area.

Maybe you ladies were all lucky enough to be born with a healthy sex drive, but 19-50 percent of women weren't. Yes, sexual dissatisfaction ups that number to 68-75%, but 50% is nothing to sneeze at. Unless you ladies have been spending a lot of time dating and having sex with other women, it seems to me that men would have a better perspective on this.

There are many reasons a woman will say no to sex. Most of the time it has nothing to do with a dysfunction. It could be she is tired..or feeling unappreciated...or stressed..or she just doesn't want to (the list goes on). Just because a guy is ready to jump into her pants and she says no it falls under that? No.

Oh, another woman who disagrees with the facts. Color me surprised.

At least you admit that a lack of sex drive is occasionally not the man's fault.

Care to give the link to the little cut and paste job you did? Because I always find the whole picture, the whole article enlightening. Like who did that research? When was that research done? What was the target area of that research? How many women took part in that research? I won't call what you presented as facts.

You know what I find a bit disturbing and creepy is that most men will assume that there is something wrong on the woman's end if she doesn't want to have sex with them. It could be them, it could be something else. Each woman is different. The creepy part is they would try to use the same messed up crap that you presented as a way to manipulate a woman into having sex with them. There is something wrong with you, not me. I take offense to that for the same reason I have had that kind of crap pulled on me, just for being a lesbian and a guy took offense to me not wanting to invite him to my bed, or join him in his.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 05:11 PM
Eeyores. Although Eeyore is very cute and huggable..being eeyorish is not that attractive to me. Turn off there.

Turn on...mmmm red hair. *swoon* huge physical turn on.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 05:10 PM
Single until I find someone to sweep off their feet..or vice versa....which reminds me..two people walk into a bar. They both fall down.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 04:59 PM

Female Sexual Dysfunction: Evaluation and Treatment

Estimates of the number of women who have sexual dysfunction range from 19 to 50 percent in “normal” outpatient populations3–6 and increase to 68 to 75 percent when sexual dissatisfaction or problems (not dysfunctional in nature) are included.5,7 Yet, one review of physicians' chart notes revealed a recorded sexual problem in only 2 percent.5 In another review, physician inquiry of patients in a gynecologic office setting about sexual problems increased reported complaints about sexual dysfunction sixfold.3 This discrepancy demonstrates a need for physician education in this area.

Maybe you ladies were all lucky enough to be born with a healthy sex drive, but 19-50 percent of women weren't. Yes, sexual dissatisfaction ups that number to 68-75%, but 50% is nothing to sneeze at. Unless you ladies have been spending a lot of time dating and having sex with other women, it seems to me that men would have a better perspective on this.

There are many reasons a woman will say no to sex. Most of the time it has nothing to do with a dysfunction. It could be she is tired..or feeling unappreciated...or stressed..or she just doesn't want to (the list goes on). Just because a guy is ready to jump into her pants and she says no it falls under that? No.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 03:57 PM
Nope I don't have a valentine. It is a big night in the restaurant world and so I will be working. *le sigh*

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 03:55 PM
No to the contract. To me it takes away from the romance, the spice and would just take away from the experience and I think harm the relationship. Obligation is a huge romance killer.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 02:52 PM

To me Shannon's 6 words are still the top deadliest words to come from a woman's lips. "We'll talk when we get home." I never thought I would find something stronger than the word "fine".... Constantly learning...

laugh

Hey, that' cheating though!

I didn't make the top 5 phrases.. >.>
I made one-liners. :D

I never follow the rules. winking I make them up as I go along. lol. This is just a fun topic! Totally makes my day reading these. Nice laugh

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 02:35 PM
To me Shannon's 6 words are still the top deadliest words to come from a woman's lips. "We'll talk when we get home." I never thought I would find something stronger than the word "fine".... Constantly learning...

laugh

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 02:29 PM
Hrmmmm I have a lot. The top ones..

I leap when I should pause and wait.
I have a hard time finding the grey of things. I find I am a very much black and white person. (working on that one)
I am way to trusting and way to open. It gets me hurt a lot.

Sometimes I can be intense.

Kat1974's photo
Sat 01/28/12 02:24 PM

I think everyone is beautiful.....
So you can be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside and still be able to take away someone's breath. You can be beautiful on the outside but make a person avoid you with a ten foot pole.

And what about the people who are both ugly on the outside, and the inside? Are they beautiful too?

....apparently so, though I would be interested to know just what makes some of these people beautiful

robert pickton, albert fish, charles manson, theoneste bagosora, hitler. I have many, many more, but I figure what’s the point, “everyone” is beautiful, right?

To each their own. I dont go out of my way to look for negatives. There is to much of that, that goes on. I respect those that have different views than me, welcome the debate. Maybe another view will alter my view, maybe my view will alter theirs. Who knows. Just because I think there is beauty in everything doesn't mean others do. There are horrendous acts by people, unforgiveable acts that have altered lives, the world, scarred millions.But from those horrendous unforgettable unforgiveable events there were acts of mercy, charity, bravery, boldness, an attempt to right a wrong to protect others so that it never happens again, so on and so on. Lessons.

first of all, you don’t have to go out of your way to find “negatives”, I just showed them to you.
but you failed to answer the basic question of how these people are beautiful. beauty by proxy doesn’t count. six degrees of separation from beauty is not the same as these people being beautiful, it’s denial, it’s bending the truth.

also, saying that there is beauty in everything is very different than what was originally said, “everyone is beautiful”.

I responded how I wanted to respond. I respect that people do not share the same views as me. Just because I like to find the beauty in people, in the world..does not mean that everyone else does. To each their own. :)

Previous 1 3 4 5