Community > Posts By > beaporwoll

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/08/08 12:54 PM
Some of us don't do that though. But overall I do agree with you. I can't stand it myself...gives me a bad name even though I don't do it.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:27 PM

There might be a few autocad programs for the Mac, but they aren't the industry standards, and I don't get to pick which one I use. All those different programs are incompatible, so you just have to use what everyone else uses.

The problem is that noone took Apple seriously for years, and now they have to make that up in a large portion of the business sector where there's a huge switchover cost. Of course that's only if they have an interest in that customer base, which I'm not sure they do.
Very true but I think Apple is slowly getting their foot in the door. It's not gonna be an overnight thing but they have more marketshare than they've ever had.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:19 PM

One thing about the mac I like is the quick boot ups and shut downs as opposed to the PC.

Indeed and the fact that you don't have software updates every day and you don't have to restart you computer every time you update it or install or uninstall anything.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:17 PM

Yeah, it's like Autocad.

So what do you think of them going to the Intel Duo processor?

There's 3 or 4 kinds of auto cad programs for a mac.
Oh the Intel processors were the kick that Apple needed. One of the best things they did since re-hiring Steve Jobs back.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:16 PM

If you want to see what the future PC's will have look at the current Macs. Macs were the first to have dvd burners on their computers. First to have firewire. First to scrap the floppy drive. First to put built in webcams on their computers.

Correct. Apple is way ahead of PC's in this area. All PC's have followed Apple in design and innovations. Most computers STILL don't have built in webcams. Standard on all apple's.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:14 PM

You can't get Pro/Engineer for a Mac, unless you run it on Parallels or Bootcamp with Windows, which defeats the whole purpose of using a Mac, in my opinion.

What type of software is that?? Is it like auto cad or what??

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:13 PM

I use a Mac at home and a PC at work. If only they had Mac support for Pro/E...

Design is only half of an Apple product. They design great looking products that also perform just as well as they look.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:12 PM

PC has all the software and is main stream.

Apples are fruits, not computers. Macs are good for video editing and CGI, but cost too much for what you get.

They also have all the virus' and trojans. On the TV network G4 they use macs and in G4 tech TV Canada on the show The Lab With Leo they use Macs they run window on Mac.

Macs are getting virii now. But I'd rather get a virus, than not have enough software any day.

What software can you not get on a mac that's out there for a PC?? I'm just wondering.

The software that came on my Macbook is really good.

I agree. Apple knows how to write great software and keep it reasonable too. MS Office....$200 for basic version for one user. Apple iWork.....$79 for single user....$99 for 5 users.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:09 PM

PC has all the software and is main stream.

Apples are fruits, not computers. Macs are good for video editing and CGI, but cost too much for what you get.

They also have all the virus' and trojans. On the TV network G4 they use macs and in G4 tech TV Canada on the show The Lab With Leo they use Macs they run window on Mac.

Macs are getting virii now. But I'd rather get a virus, than not have enough software any day.

What software can you not get on a mac that's out there for a PC?? I'm just wondering.

beaporwoll's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:04 PM
Apple. All the way.
I'll stand alone out here. OS X is far better than Windows will ever be and you can do everything on a mac that you can do on a PC and do it just as good if not better.

beaporwoll's photo
Mon 01/28/08 04:55 PM
kick ass lips

beaporwoll's photo
Sun 01/13/08 12:31 PM
Gooooo Indy!!

beaporwoll's photo
Sun 01/13/08 12:28 PM
Ha ha....nice worklaugh laugh laugh

beaporwoll's photo
Sun 01/13/08 12:25 PM
Denver....watching football playoffs. But going on a date later on:smile: