infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:33 PM

great show, i'm also a fan of salute your shorts haha

Salute Your Shorts!
I remember so many memories during the summer when I was really young, and Salute Your Shorts would come on. I really miss that show. I also miss the original All That, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Kenan and Kel, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and a few others.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:31 PM
Hahaha.

I was lucky about 3 or 4 years ago when Pete and Pete came back on The N. I was able to record every episode that came on, and I actually did do this every night, as well as the shorts.
The only two episodes I am missing is Das Bus and Oh Christmas Pete. Christmas Pete never came on. Das Bus was every once in a while.

I still have at least two or three tapes.
I just hope it all sees a DVD release.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:26 PM

I don't have to say anymore.
If you know the brilliance of which I speak...

LET ME KNOW!

I loved that show. I have been trying to remember their villians names, I can only remember "Hat Head", "Open Face" and..."<something> Mike". The shorts were the best, but I liked the show also.

Yes, Endless Mike.
They have season one and season 2 on DVD with, I think, all of the shorts and the special. I don't think they're realeasing season 3 because of some rights with Paramount.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:23 PM
Damn. The Universe, huh?
Do they have an Audio book?

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:22 PM
laugh Cool.
The mail will never stop flooding in.
Your best bet is to move a mountain.
Maybe then the mail will flow downhill, onslaughting the innocent.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:16 PM

I don't have to say anymore.
If you know the brilliance of which I speak...

LET ME KNOW!

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:15 PM
Haha. I thought you were the Forum security or something.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:08 PM

In response to my reply to you...

Excuse me if that was all over the place.
I am a little under the influence of marijuana.

Haha. laugh

haha, God did give every green seed..lol. Smoke some 4 me, I miss that stuff;^]

Will do!

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:02 PM
Haha. You have the life. laugh

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:59 PM
In response to my reply to you...

Excuse me if that was all over the place.
I am a little under the influence of marijuana.

Haha. laugh

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:58 PM
You're right.
But maybe I meant the wrong thing.

What I was trying to get at is... there is one core belief for every religion, right? There is usually that one basic message that is fundemental.

A lot of religions are taking that message and either throwing it away to make a new or completely warping the original idea.
By that, they hang on by threads.

Of course religions change and branch.
There are still a lot of witches out there that still perform animal sacrafice, and a lot that think that is completely wrong. I am sure if every witch were following the old way, a lot of people definately wouldn't want to be witches.

I guess the new rules humanize it for us... maybe make it easier to take in. so, maybe they aren't killing the old message... just making it a bit more humanistic for your time.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:54 PM

Well shoot I like Romance movies... guess I have no taste?noway frown laugh

Haha. I didn't mean every romance movie, just those really stupid ones that have been coming out for these past few years (I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Music and Lyrics, You Me and Dupree) etc etc.

This movie really makes you think, and it makes you use your brain, if you really are paying attention.
There is not a lot of dialogue. Actually, there's really not that much at all. It relies on silence in a lot of parts.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:48 PM
I recently got to see this movie, and I was impressed.

I won't make a review about the movie but I will give you my thoughts.

First off, this is not a movie for the average movie-goes who enjoys seeing all of these pointless romantic comedies, and definately not teens who enjoy watching stupid horror flicks (Saw).
This movie is for someone who likes to get deep into the movie, someone who enjoys good american cinema, and someone who has taste.

Secondly, we don't really understand why a lot of things are happening, and we don't really know too much about the characters. However, at the steady pace that this movie moves, and how intelligently it is shot, we no longer care about the little downfalls.

Third, it is a Coen Brothers film. So, if you were a fan of Fargo or Blood Simple, you should see this film.

This movie is the Coen Brother's masterpiece.
Not only was the movie excellent but it was incredibly authentic to the original book.

So, if this movie is for you, go see it.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:41 PM
just wanted to say hi... all the way from Austin.
Sorry but... Austin is the party town! Haha.
I really don't like Dallas. I grew up in fort worth and lived there for almost 22 years.

I hope the club goes well, man.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:34 PM

My families jewish but im a nihilistic practioner of chaos magick:tongue:

Nihilistic, eh? Wow, never met someone who was a practitioner of that. I have studied a little bit of nihlism myself.
And Chaos Magic, huh? My friend Emily does that stuff.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:30 PM
It seems many religions are hanging on by threads.

What I mean by this is that a lot of older religions, not all of them, are beginning to incorporate new rules or teachings based on how the world is expanding and changing.
Some religions are even throwing old doctrines out the window and using new.

Why?
If you intend on following a religion, you need to know how it started, why it started, and what it teached. You can't learn it all and then throw out the stuff you don't like just because it inconvinienced you.

I see this a lot. People will jump into a religion and leave out the most basic, fundamental rule of that religion.
Teens and adults do it a lot when they have not properly been introduced to their said religion.

We don't need religion to change to meet today's standards. If we are going to follow, we should at least follow what was once set before us, not what is being set before us now.

Any comments?

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:19 PM

i am a non- practicing protestant. i dated an athiest, yet never really had a religious relationship with her, or against her. i believe everyone needs something to believe in. it still may take some time to get me to believe in anything. i do, however, believe there is no religion more right than another. Allah is another name for jesus. he is all around us, i believe. some things can and cannot be explained. i guess the only thing yopu have to ask yourself, if you are like me, still looking foir something to believ in, is whether or not it is the quintesential idea of doing what is right, and what may help your fellow man and woman. i believe there is a greater power that was the creator, and although i am not without sin, i try to live my life doing what i believe is right. anything to help, not hurt. everyone needs to walk their own path, because every path ends the same.

Very well said.
I appreciate what you put above.
And you are right; we all need to find our own way, even if someone else doesn't think so highly of it.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:17 PM

He Russ,

I’m a non-religious person. Not an atheist, nor agnostic. I actually have a pantheistic view of the world, but I don’t think of this in terms of ‘religion’. To me it’s just more like an understanding of the world I am a part of.

I don’t care for organized religions of any type. I don’t put them down, although like you, I won’t tolerate being proselytized. As soon as someone starts proselytizing they lose all my respect and I treat them accordingly. :wink:

So I fully understand where you are coming from.

Even though I claim to not be “religious”, I do believe that the universe has a spiritual nature. Therefore I have absolutely no problem believing in the magical powers used by of shamans and witches.

I don’t believe in a single separate egotistical jealous godhead who feels that his creation is nothing but a bunch of pathetic inherently sinful losers who need to grovel for forgiveness in order to win his love, otherwise he will show them the wrath of his demonic side.

I suppose you know which religion I’m talking about. laugh

I tend to think of the universe has simply having a spiritual underpinning and we are all manifestations of this single all-pervading spirit.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

Welcome to the forums. flowerforyou

*cheers*

Thank you!
Yes, I understand exactly where you are coming from.
I also like your views.
Would you be willing to convert me or give me a book? laugh laugh laugh laugh

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:13 PM

what god?

i'm agnostic.

God? I don't see a God. Do you see a God?
*looks around for a God*
Nope. I can't see any from here.

infectious_witch's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:12 PM

Oh yeah...whips, chains, and huge love bites,,,big enough to suck your soul out....fantastic....laugh laugh laugh

I am intrigued! Where do I sign?! laugh

The G Spot my man....God Given laugh laugh laugh

Yes, but there are many G spots. Which one do I go to? Which one do I pleasure? And which one will leave me with an amazing treasure?

Tell me more, for I am intrigued!