infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 08:31 PM

Mossop...

Witchcraft is a religion, indeed.
But I am not a religious follower nor am I someone who worships or even applies the religion into my daily life. I simply work in magic while having my own beliefs and idea.

Nothing is taboo anymore it seems.
Witchcraft has been a popular and controversial thing for a very long time. The only real problem now is that people will take such a good system and make it into whatever they feel is necessary just so people will get the wrong idea.

Ok I'm confused... you believe that Witchcraft is a religion... you practice Witchcraft... yet you are not a religious person and you do not follow any religion. Please elaborate.

Exactly. I believe Witchcraft is a religion, and also a practice.
I practice witchcraft. I am not one who studies the religion.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 08:29 PM

Mind you, I am not religious nor do I follow a religion.

I don't know how many debates I've had with Pagans and Wiccans alike about whether Witchcraft is a religion or not. I've always known in my heart that it's not a religion but rather the practice of Magick. One doesn't need to have a faith in a Higher Power at all to practice Magick. As Aleister Crowley said Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will. So I'm wondering since you say you are not religious do you not believe you need a Higher Power to practice Witchcraft (Magick)?

I don't believe I need a higher power to practice magic.
It doesn't hurt to call on them, though!

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:57 PM
Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.
-Josh Billings

Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive.
-Mel Brooks

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
-Anton Chekhov

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

All life is an experiment.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Life has meaning only if one barters it day by day for something other than itself.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Life is a series of collisions with the future; it is not the sum of what we have been, but what we yearn to be.
-Jose Ortega y Gasset

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
-Cary Grant

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
-William James

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:51 PM

But seriously. I have already picked out things that I want in my life... I've written them down. I will get them. Is that weird?

Not at all. The reason why I am not dating now is because a lot of women I know don't really know what they want.

I know what I want in life. I am able to take care of myself.
I would hope that the woman I date can do the same.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:49 PM
i am not intimidated by that.
That is something that I look for in a woman.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:41 PM
I've not been happy about the change in music and movies for the past 10 years, at least.

Music has become simple. Get an average band that can play basic stuff, stick a guy on the mic who can not escape that annoying falseto, and let him sing songs about "missing someone". Before you know it, the band makes millions.
Whatever happened to singer-songwriters?
Whatever happened to music that truly inspired you?

The reason why music has become this way is because of us.
Even I am at fault.

And if that doesn't take the cake, now we've got movies that are spoofing other movies that spoofed other movies. Oh, wow, another blockbuster.
Last time I saw a good spoof was when I saw Airplane.
And if that isn't bad enough, we've got a lot of these "psychological, ultra violent" films that don't rely on a story or even a plot. Simply, this is what happened, and this is the effect.

I know a lot of people don't buy into this crap, but I also realize that a lot of people do.

It's not doing us any justice.

This is not saying that good movies don't still exist; they do, and they come out every year. I am just tired of these average, every day movies.

This is also true with music. There are a lot of good artists out there, but more than likely you are not going to find them playing on the radio. You have a look a little bit deeper to find those hidden gems.

I don't know. The way things our progressing only makes me sad, and it makes me wonder what the future will hold in the entertainment business.

I am sure there was someone from the 70's who was saying this same thing around this same time.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:28 PM

You didn't hear? I'm running for Mayor!
Then, the next President.
Beck is telling me that he has the cut in half blues... so I guess he's right.
Poor Beck.

Too bad you really don't have that faith in you to attempt such true venues...huh

Yes. It is unfortunate.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:24 PM

If I am another statistic, so be it.
And just to let you know, I will be voting for Ron Paul if he is to run (I am not honestly sure if he is).

I am not sitting here and *****ing about it.
I only did not vote once.
Why? I didn't like the candidates.
I am not political, and this is the first time I've ever brought up this issue.
This is not a topic for me to discuss with everyone.

I stated my thought on the subject.
I would appreciate it if you would stop telling me that I am only leading to the problem.

This argument could go on forever, so you know what?
I am leaving this thread before it becomes out of hand.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, and thanks for reading.

Peace,

-Russ

Well Russ you posted in a PUBLIC forum.... and if you did not want to discuss this topic with everyone then that sounds like a personal issue you should have pondered before hiting post topic...huh

Again a copout on confrontation for logical conversation of topic and people wonder why their threads get hijacked because if you can't OP a thread then don't start it. And that is your perception of this being an argument over a logical discussion... yawn

As far as you being a stat, most likely yeah....and being part of the problem is people who don't vote then biatch. Since you have decided to go the Ron Paul way....good luck to you and your party....there will be some lovely parting gifts on the way out...laugh laugh

So post and run.... it will collect dust as many in the archives do....flowerforyou drinker

I am simply leaving because this became too one-sided all of the sudden.

Again perceptions.....laugh

So persistent. How much longer will we go round and round? sick

Well YOU wanted to stop, but YOU keep coming back for more...
laugh laugh a man who keeps his word... hhmmmmhuh .... now you sound like a politician......LOLlaugh laugh

You didn't hear? I'm running for Mayor!
Then, the next President.
Beck is telling me that he has the cut in half blues... so I guess he's right.
Poor Beck.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:09 PM

well ever since my leporsy has cleard up women are finding me a bit more handsomer..lol..well im sure that a lot more people have a hell of a lot more then i do..im still just a pup on this sight...but im learning more all the time...

That is good. I've only been to one other forum site.
It's a forum soely for those who follow a Pagan path.
As much as I enjoy chatting with other pagans, it can get kind of boring! laugh
I like the variety of this forum.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:08 PM

keep rules though, light ones, rules are important for structure, structure is important.

Indeed. There will always be rules... but i will never be too strict.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:07 PM

One thing I DO know, is that this is the most pointless post I think I've ever seen.

Then that is what seperates me from you!
drinker laugh drinker

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:06 PM

And just to let you know, I will be voting for Ron Paul if he is to run (I am not honestly sure if he is).

I would appreciate it if you would stop telling me that I am only leading to the problem.

Peace,

-Russ

Well Russ you posted in a PUBLIC forum.... and if you did not want to discuss this topic with everyone then that sounds like a personal issue you should have pondered before hiting post topic...huh

Again a copout on confrontation for logical conversation of topic and people wonder why their threads get hijacked because if you can't OP a thread then don't start it. And that is your perception of this being an argument over a logical discussion... yawn

As far as you being a stat, most likely yeah....and being part of the problem is people who don't vote then biatch. Since you have decided to go the Ron Paul way....good luck to you and your party....there will be some lovely parting gifts on the way out...laugh laugh

So post and run.... it will collect dust as many in the archives do....flowerforyou drinker

Again perceptions.....laugh

So persistent. How much longer will we go round and round? sick

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 05:02 PM

Peace,

-Russ

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:52 PM
I believe that we really don't know as much as we possibly think we do.

In a world where new things are created and born every day, just how much can we know?

All of our sources came from sources that came from sources.
The said sources can and will change at any given moment, even before we realize it.

So, instead of relying on what we believe is fact, I say we should rely on the idea or the belief.
Facts are viewed many different ways. There is no one way that something happened. There will always be multiple.

I think if we were to have an idea instead of believing it to be fact, we would be more open to the concept of change, if and when it does change.

People who believe in only facts and nothing else tend to be those who may or may not be more judgemental, and they are usually the people who will take the time out of their day just to tell you that you are wrong.

But how am I wrong if the information you are getting is the same that I am getting?
Isn't their any other conclusion or is this fact truly a fact?

There isn't any real way for us to know.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:40 PM
Thanks for joining JSH.
I'll be looking for you the next time you are on.

Peace,

-Russ

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:36 PM
Virginity like a bubble. One pop and it's gone.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:34 PM

I like your train of though about raising your children someday, but at whatever age you decide to have them always remember your their role model.. they immitate what they see! i had mine when i was 19 and 22, but because I did not want to be in my 50's or 60's at their graduation.. Its easier to keep up with them when your still able to. Just kids having kids i dont agree with

Completely agreed.
I would not only want to be their role model but also their best friend. I want to give them the things I did not get to have as a kid.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:30 PM

If you choose not to vote, then you endorse everything that's going on.

To me it's a copout on a privilege granted to you as a citizen this country offers.

So if you shoose not to vote and the country goes to hell...guess we can blame you then huh?huh Your vote could have made a difference....

I think our Founding Fathers would roll over in their graves knowing the percent of voters vs those who don't vote.... guess maybe they didn't think anyone would give up their chance to make a difference if the public thought the government was doing something they wanted changed....

Well here is a golden opportunity, so you don't like the choices....why? why not? Rather than sit around and biatch about it, get your arse out there and make the changes you want to see....run for office.

For example, who hates the war? Over 70% in the USA hate the war. Solution, vote someone in who is opposed to it. Get the bums out of office. Back unknown candidates. Start at the local level and work your way up. Back someone you respect.

Just because because something does not affect you personally 'right now' does not mean 1 year, oh shyt, or 2 years later.... or gawd forbid some law that effects you when you turn a certain age....

Stop being led like a dog and using this excuse as a copout....

On your profile you have this quote.....

"Only those who dare to dream the absurd, can acheive the impossible." -M.C. Escher

Only those who vote can continue to dare to dream in a country that allows us to make a difference whereas elsewhere those dreams are IMPOSSIBLE and ABSURD to even think or dream about.....think about that......while you sip your tea and smoke your cig.....smokin drinker

Peace,

-Russ

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:25 PM
I can not see myself having kids for at least another 10 years.
It shocks me at how many people in my generation are getting pregnant. My sister, who is 20, is about to have another kid.
She doesn't believe in abortion, so she is going to have the kid.

If I am to have kids, this is how I would want to raise them:

1. Let them have their imagination - Imagination is a powerful tool for any mind. Imagination creates new ideas, new beliefs, and a new way of life. I would allow my kids to be as imaginative as they wanted, and I would join in with them.
Imagination is a strong building block in any child's life.

2. Allow them to think freely - I can not throw any religion or belief onto my kid. I would think that this would only stunt their mind. When they got old enough to start making mature decisions, I would tell them about my experiences. I would let them know why I did it, how I did it, and what my experience was. I would not tell them not to do it... but I would advise them if they were to. Honesty is the key.

3. Let them appreciate nature and the seasons - I don't like the traditional holidays. I.E.: Easter, Christmas, etc.
When the seasons change, I would take my kids out into nature and let them know about the moon cycles, the weather, and the celebration that goes into seasons. For Autumn, I would collect leafs with them, and store them away each year, so as they get older, they can look back at past years and appreciate what we once did together.

4. Let them be an individual - If they want to get into sports, if they want to be a part of a big religion, or they want to be someone who is more reserved, I will support them with positivity. I would be concerned if they were doing something bad, and I would show my concern, but I would still allow them to be individuals.

Those are a few ideas of how I would like to raise my kids, if I ever have them.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:15 PM

i could think of exactly 63 of them myself...

Wow. I've not even come close to that.
I've only been on this site since December of 2007.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22