infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:09 PM
Seems this thread has stired up some emotions.
Oh well.
Time for some more green tea, and then a cigarette.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:08 PM

It pathetic that only 40% of americans vote....60% sit at home saying "their vote doesn"t matter"explode

I think that might sway the polls a tad...

The reason why a lot of them probably don't vote is because of the same reason I posted.
Granted, a lot of them really are lazy, and they don't care.

(Holding my tongue...because I have nothing "nice" to say....All I can say is "DOH!" and Im sorry that is your rational explaination for sheer ignorance.)

Hmmm. Ok.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:05 PM

why i never thought about it in such a matter is still a mystery to me...you are absolutly right..

i really do enjoy this sight very much..i have spoken to many wonderful people and have recieved many terrific letters..and then what do i do..delete my account because of the fact that i might not be welcomed anymore by a chosen few because of words that i have used to defend a woman,hell i'm proud of what i did..maybe not the words.but the point is there...from now on this is the way that i will view it...

thanks kimosabs..because of you,im back..

JSH is a wondeful place.
I may not have found that special person yet... but I can say that I've been able to talk to a lot of beautiful minds.
There are people on here that I would miss a lot if I were to leave.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:03 PM
Even though we are gifted with the right to vote, even though other countries may envy us for it, and even though it's one way of letting my voice be heard... If I am not for the cause, I will not put any of my energy into it.
And that goes for everything I do.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:01 PM

It pathetic that only 40% of americans vote....60% sit at home saying "their vote doesn"t matter"explode

I think that might sway the polls a tad...

The reason why a lot of them probably don't vote is because of the same reason I posted.
Granted, a lot of them really are lazy, and they don't care.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:00 PM

I had the chance to vote in the last presidential election.
And did I? No.

My history teacher from high school always told us that if we did not vote, we did not have the right to complain.

I completely disagree.

By not voting, I am making a choice.
The reason why I haven't voted is because I have not seen anyone that I thought was fit to run this country.

People may call me "unpatriotic" but I do not mind.

By not voting, I am saying that I do not like any of the candidates. It is not simply because I just don't feel like voting.

So, even if I do not vote, I still have the right to complain about the President and his decisions.
This is not to say that I will protest or make some "Anti-President" website. I will simply explain how I feel about the current president, and leave it at that.

If you do not want to vote, then don't.
We all have the choice.

The only choice you made was to let others decide your fate.

Btw there are always write ins

My fate? Nah.
I am never really affected by the laws that the president might make.
I have never got in trouble with the law and I don't really look for attention from authority figures.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:57 PM

but what if everyone felt that way and no one voted? what happens then?

I have questioned that a lot.
I would hope that the government would realize that they don't have as much power on us as they think.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:53 PM
I had the chance to vote in the last presidential election.
And did I? No.

My history teacher from high school always told us that if we did not vote, we did not have the right to complain.

I completely disagree.

By not voting, I am making a choice.
The reason why I haven't voted is because I have not seen anyone that I thought was fit to run this country.

People may call me "unpatriotic" but I do not mind.

By not voting, I am saying that I do not like any of the candidates. It is not simply because I just don't feel like voting.

So, even if I do not vote, I still have the right to complain about the President and his decisions.
This is not to say that I will protest or make some "Anti-President" website. I will simply explain how I feel about the current president, and leave it at that.

If you do not want to vote, then don't.
We all have the choice.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:45 PM
Thank you. Every one of you.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:36 PM

I agree with this thread and desperately wish I had something interesting to contribute to it. I hate not knowing anything about my heritage. My family is ridiculously difficult to pry any information out of. I'd love to know that I'm from somewhere other than L.A. no matter how much I love it.

There are lots of ways to find out more about your heritage.
Unfortunately though, a lot of those ways cost money.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:35 PM

I've tried to check, but I think one of my decedents is an illegal out of Ireland, because theres no papers or any sign of life from him before he came him. Otherwise, I'm part Indian as well and since I can't trace that either I just say I'm part Mohawk because they were awesome laugh

But I can understand how people say "I'm American" rather than complicate things and say "I'm Scottish-American" or "I'm Chile-American", and its much more simpler to say "I'm American now give me a burger dammit!"

Haha. Yes.
I do call myself an American because I was raised here, but I'll always be Irish and German, even when I'm good and gone.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:27 PM

Some people are too touchy. I hate how "politically correct" this world has become.

GOOD POST

Some people DO take pride in knowing their origins. I love researching my familys history.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I really do.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:26 PM
This should be a given if you're a frequent "poster" on this forum.

Whatever you put up in the threads, you are going to get a lot of different people with different ideas all at different times.

You will have people who do not get what you are trying to say, so they will go off topic and make the thread lose its flow.

People will say things you do not like.

You may be called names, and you may be looked down upon.

Heck, you may even be reported, and your thread may be deleted.

There will always be controversy on forum sites.
It's up to all of us to know when someone has gone far enough, and try to resolve the problem in a peaceful manner.

If we allow ourselves to see all sides of the story, we can at least come to an understanding.

We are not here to hate one another; we are here to make a connection with people. And if you truly feel someone has insulted you in any way, please email them and tell them how you feel in a peaceful manner.

A lot of good people get a lot of crap thrown on them for no reason.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:21 PM

I did not say "this" land. I said land. I mean all of it. My point is that land, regardless of where it is, does not belong to anyone.

Where we grew up and our cultures should be celebrated.... but my point is that we, as a people, focus on our own and not others. If we spent as much time caring and investing time and consideration to gain genuine knowledge about people's differences we might learn we are a lot more alike than not.

I completely agree.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:20 PM

I'm black. Unfortunately for many black people we can't actually pinpoint our heritage. Saying you are of "African decent" is like you saying you are of "European decent" -- what country? what tribe?

I do agree with what you are saying though. It bothers me when I ask someone's nationality and they give me a race or ethnicity. Sorry, white/black/asian/etc is not a nationality. Key work NATION, I guess that makes me just, American. (not african american, as I was not born in africa).

Very well said.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:19 PM

why does it matter what your heritage is? I know what i am, but that does mean i am any different for it. I am proud to be American, I was born and raised here, and thats who I am.

I stated in my post why it matters.
I am proud to be an american as well.
But you know what? I was born into a family. A family that moved here and made their home the USA.
I would at least like to know how they lived before they got here.
I guess it allows my mind to stay open.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:17 PM

Im Norweigen, Swedish, and Chippewa band of Ojibewa

Very interesting mix.
Just as long as you are not German mixed with Czech, we'll be ok! laugh laugh
Only joking.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:14 PM

If I were American Indian...which I am not, I do not think I would say that this is "my land". It is my understanding that land belongs to everyone and no one. It is a gift to be respected.

I also beileve that people should spend more time celebrating and learning how we are the same rather than focusing on our differences.

This land is everyones land, yes, but the majortiy of us came from another country.
Though we are different, we should still celebrate our heritage while respecting others.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:12 PM

This thread has "BAD IDEA" written all over it !!!

That may be... but I am not trying to insult anyone.
I am simply asking people to look a little deeper, really.
So, if anyone is bothered by this post, you have my regards.

infectious_witch's photo
Sun 01/13/08 03:10 PM

Im seminole indiangrumble grumble grumble

I am Irish and German. I have more Irish in me than anything.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 21 22