Community > Posts By > phrebh

phrebh's photo
Mon 01/23/12 05:57 AM
I cook all the time. For instance, last night was roasted butterfly chicken with green beans sauteed with bacon.

Cooking can be quite the chore and it can be fun. I really like learning and perfecting new techniques more than putting together some complicated recipe from a cookbook. I mean, I do have some cookbooks, but I'm more satisfied with food that is prepare more like in a good restaurant: simple, fresh, and quickly prepared.

phrebh's photo
Sat 01/21/12 03:38 PM
Day to day I'm stuck with DXL (bonus points if you know what that is) and VBA. In my spare time, I tend to stick with php, html, and ECMAscript with MySQL.

I stopped VB right before .Net was released. I've tried C, C++, and Java, but can't see to make them stick. I took Pascal in high school and hated it. I took Fortran in college and quickly realized that my graphing calculator came with a more robust language built into it.

I am determined to learn Java, though, no matter how hard it is for me to get it. I think my learning Basic when I was 8 really pigeonholed my brain as far as programming. Stupid brain.

phrebh's photo
Sat 01/21/12 03:32 PM
I can't even code properly if I'm too tired, I can't imagine trying to do it drunk.

phrebh's photo
Sat 01/21/12 03:26 PM
Hi, all!