Community > Posts By > BrandSpankinNew

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:22 PM
1 year, I wasn't ready
Wait... Never, Ever said anything?

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:07 PM
Edited by BrandSpankinNew on Sun 06/29/08 09:08 PM
He's out there, in droves, but like 'good women' they are sometimes overshadowed by the surrounding glitz.
Stay true to who you are and don't give in to doing whatever it takes to attract. Otherwise when he does come around the 'decent guy' may not recognize you.

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 09:02 PM
Secrecy/Hidden lives aka lack of openess and honesty

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:53 PM
Hate is more a weight on the hater than the hated. A weight so heavy that it cripples the carrier.
So, while I don't like certain things about her ways, no I don't hate her or anyone.

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:48 PM

Do you know what the 5th element is on the periodic table of elements?

Boron
don't ask me why I know that glasses laugh

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 08:26 PM
glasses

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 06:18 PM
Your new Laptop will likely come with WiFi built in. Other than having very slightly less powered range, onboard cards aren't truly very technically different for the typical user. Just be certain it supports 54mps/wifi g.

You can also opt for wifi on the desktop, (albeit wired provides faster speeds) using either a usb wifi adapter for convenience or an internal card. The internal will have greaater range.

One last thought. Some wifi routers will tout faster speeds when you match the card. This is an internal boost only. It won't increase your Internet speed, just the speed of data flow from the router to the pc.

Food for thought.
Good luck with your network.

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 02:24 PM
You never mentioned why you need to do a System Restore. Is the initial problem repairable?

Miami provided some excellent advice to which I'll add; System Restore will not remove files you created but will undo any applications that were installed after the Restore date.

I never recommend a full factory restore as an early solution except in very extreme cases. Even then I'll first create an image of the system first.

Going forward you'll want to bakup your data as often as possible, just in case.

Good Luck

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 02:10 PM
For good security you'll want good Firewall, AntiVirus, AntiSpyware/Malware securing your perimeters.

Finding good apps isn't difficult, configuring them properly can be a challenge for some. For most of my clients I'll configure a set of protective apps geared specifically to their use, pc literacy and patience level. Generally an end user could care less about the difference between TCP and UDP.

As far as resources are concerned todays PC's are usually configured with just enough RAM, and good protection is going to create some latency out-of-the-box with their required scans. So you'll want to up the memory and swapfile accordingly.

Despite the learning curve VISTA, with its poor introduction is probably the most secure OS that MS has introduced to date. However like a good guard dog, it and the better security apps need to be trained correctly to do their job well or risk being disabled for convenience.

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 01:56 PM
Drive ImageXML is an excellent app for complete backup and very simple restore.

no photo
Sun 06/29/08 12:44 PM
Why does Religion cause problems??

The answer is simple. Religion does not cause internal problems for those that have chosen one. Nor does it internally aggravate those who chose other 'faiths'. Generally speaking.

Problems occur when those personal choices are attacked by persons who would have every see their way as the only way.

Find peace in your personal choices. Problem solved.

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 11:02 PM
laugh flowerforyou laugh flowerforyou
adulthood?

I wasn't ready! I call Do Over! :tongue:

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:37 PM
laugh laugh

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:32 PM
blushing Backatcha Repo
It was my mechanic bud that reminded me.

Just passing it forward. flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:24 PM
Don't feel that way RepoChick! You probably dance circles around any tech - -- in your field.
I see this every day, what's easy to me (tech), challeges others. On the other hand I only recently learned how to change an 02 sensor from a mechanic bud who can do it in his sleep.
It takes all kinds of skills to make a world and everyones got a gift.

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:19 PM
Texting is a convenience gone haywire.

If I'm at the theatre, at work, or for a quick message.
It does amaze me how people can have entire conversations with them.
Text just can't beat all that we say and hear in tone, inflection, and the all around communication of talking to someone.

Of course phone conversation isn't a match for good face to face, but that's another topic.

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:55 PM
Good for you Marker! drinker drinker drinker
You obviously see her for who she is, not what she has. Likely she will return the feeling.
I hope you and she continue to be a great example of appreciating the things that really count.
I'm also hopeful that you are both careful.
I say again
Good for you! drinker drinker
And Her! flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:47 PM
I've heard it said that a
'woman should be 1/2 a mans age plus 7'
Don't remember where
Keeping in mind mind maturity, compatibility, and absolutely legality, there's some sense in that

no photo
Mon 06/23/08 02:39 PM
Been there, tried that.
Distance defeats spontaneity.

no photo
Mon 06/23/08 02:36 PM
No, not dead but mortally wounded,
Kept breathing by the remaining dented Knights and Ladies of exhausted hope living behind protective parapets built against the pretenders.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11