no photo
Tue 03/18/08 12:42 PM
theres a god of the gays?

no photo
Sun 03/16/08 03:38 PM
well damn...i should start telling people im a musician

no photo
Sun 03/16/08 03:32 PM

having personally seen the titties of thousands of groupies chicks, it gets kindda boring after a while.

girls really do that? noway im no groupie... I go see locals bands when I can.. got to support them.

yes....girls really do much worse than this as well

thats stupid... I would think if u do that to a guy it just shows ur a whore or sumthin

have you actually ever been back stage or on a tour bus?

no photo
Sun 03/16/08 03:26 PM

having personally seen the titties of thousands of groupies chicks, it gets kindda boring after a while.

girls really do that? noway im no groupie... I go see locals bands when I can.. got to support them.

yes....girls really do much worse than this as well

no photo
Sun 03/16/08 03:19 PM

no photo
Fri 03/14/08 03:00 PM
might as well share herpes sooner than later

no photo
Fri 03/14/08 02:27 PM

i think it happens to us all

what? no women ever send me their breasts!

no photo
Fri 03/14/08 02:25 PM

be easier to die for beliefs or kill for them?

if you died for your beliefs, you weren't shooting good enough

no photo
Fri 03/14/08 01:54 PM
oops sorry...i meant to send that to someone elseblushing

no photo
Fri 03/14/08 12:11 PM
Mozart

oops wrong 80s

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:45 PM
all of this has been covered since the first page. im guessing minds wont be changed if they havent already

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 04:03 PM
wasnt but a little over a year ago that i finished rebuilding my house.

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 12:36 PM

How come everyone ignores Hurricane Rita sad

All due respect to those affected by Rita, it was merely overshadowed by the 80 billion dollar devastation that Katrina caused.

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 11:26 AM
i was going to "pray" this thread would stay on topic

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:05 AM

could some one show me in the constitution

where it say separation of church and state

good luck

it is not there

flowerforyou

Ive already pointed out it isnt in the constitution but it is definitely implied by the first amendment. I think all should go research exactly what the Establishment Clause of the first amendment actually means. I think most people seem to think "separation of church and state" means "separation of religion and me- no matter who i meet, where i go, or what i do".

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:27 AM

Not only should we DEMAND separation of church & state,

No need to demand it; this is implied in the first amendment.

but we should also DEMAND that our representatives are able to discern, Ethics from religious morals.

This makes no sense. Ethics are derived from ones moral principles. Some 75-80% of the US population identify themselves as Christian.

Sally Kern – Oklahoma Representative
What are your thoughts about any political figure who speaks in public as Kern has in the above?

Speaking one's mind is a desirable trait as a representative. The voters of Oklahoma will have their own voice come election time.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 05:54 PM

Regardless to your defenses, religion has no place in public places it is called respect.

Who said? This isnt written anywhere in the constitution or laws of the United States. Respect has nothing to do with it. As I recall, the premise of the argument is "church and state". Now you've expanded to include anywhere you happen to be.

Practice whatever you want in your home and your church but keep it out of my childrens school and games, etc....

Thanks for giving permission for something I was already aware I had according to the first amendment. I wasnt aware that I ever imposed my belief on you or your children.

I will not interfere with your home religion and you stay out of mine, we will be cool.

How cool we are is irrelevant. I wasnt aware that I ever tried to impose my beliefs on you. I can assure you, i will never try to either.

Public expressions of religion can be allowed I have no problem with it but not part of the itinerary of the public event that is not respectful of my wishes to be god free.

has anyone ever forced you to participate? If not, then you have nothing to complain about. However, by insinuating that the public should cater to your desires because you dont believe something would be disrespectful to them...not to mention suppressing their freedom of religious expression.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 04:57 PM

Religions take as much control as they can when they get the opportunity and this is a problem.

The same could be said about opponents of religion.

My children should not be praying in a public school.

Has anyone ever forced them?

My children should not learn creationism in a public school.

Why?

I do not want to go into a courtroom and have to swear to tell the truth on a bible or a god I do not believe in.

You do not have to. You can choose affirmation.

I do not want to go to a ball game and have to pray because that is what they do there.

Then I suggest you hang out among your peers. If wanted to go to a prayer meeting and they made me play baseball, I likely choose to go elsewhere myself. You know...because thats what they do there.

I am there to watch a ball game if I want to pray I will go to church or visit some of my relatives.

So they should give up their freedom of religious expression just because you showed up? Again, the first amendment doesnt work like this.

Religious people feel that they are right, not just for themselves but for the world and this is a problem and need to be controlled.

That pretty much would include any authoritative entity.

I expect my government to make sure that I am not forced to practice any religion.

Again, when were you ever forced? Have you ever been arrested, cited, incarcerated, or other held accountable for not engaging or practicing any religion?

So therefore it must be kept out of public places.

Why? Because you disagree? You can't make up your own rules to suit your own desire.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 04:08 PM
Edited by Guitarjizzard on Wed 03/12/08 04:11 PM

I do not want to bow my head and show respect to a god I do not believe exists, I feel foolish.

under the first amendment, the government wont ever require you to. This is all it guarantees.

Separation of church and state - idea that the government and religion should be separate, and not interfere in each other's affairs. In the United States, this idea is based on the First Amendment to the US Constitution, which states that the government cannot make any laws to establish a state religion or prohibit the free exercise of religion.

This is all it is. Atheists try to argue it means more than it was ever meant to. It was NEVER intended to allow protection from others religious expression.

This is the letter from Thomas Jefferson that created what would become twisted some 200 years later:

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 03:38 PM
Edited by Guitarjizzard on Wed 03/12/08 03:39 PM

Atheist's don't believe in praying. So Gov't backed praying is 100% establishing religion. Atheists do not want to deal with ridiculous Voo Doo and incantations. They just want their kids to have a real actual education free of ridiculous myths.

"or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

The government doesnt back any religion. You have totally missed the scope of the first amendment. It wasnt to give atheists and agnostics legal recourse when they hear something they dont agree with. Im about as religious as...well lets just say not very but my logic wont let me twist the words of something intended for freedom of religious expression. The first amendment was never meant to be protection from others religious expression.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6