of Church and State!!

The State doesn't tell me
how I should worship so
they should just mind
their own business!!!

Why did some people come
to America?

To escape religious persecution!

yes i could agree..but look how our youth treats our elders vs any other country?? we have no respect for outselves, our neighbors, our political leaders, or other countries. im guilty of it as well, i wish that our country though would step up and have someone bring ethical and moral issues

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:59 PM

Oh, I believe in God,
I just don't think
God should be legislated.

Separation of Church
and State has worked
for over 200 years,
so why mess with it?

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say there is a seperation of Church and State. December 15th, 1791, The Bill Of Rights was ratified. The framers wanted to address specific oversights and assure the people the Federal government wouldn't infringe upon basic rights as outlined in the Constitution. The first 10 Amendements were very carefully worded, the First Amendment saying:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Strict Judicial interpretation has since given us the phrasing "separation of Church and State". However, the framers never intended that and, in fact, went out of their way to make sure God WAS included in the wording and impression of the new nation.

No offense here but the constructors did not and were not trying to include religion in our government. I believe they included god in the wording to include the religious. Here are some quotes for you on that subject:

"I believe in one God, Creator of the universe.... That the most acceptable service we can render Him is doing good to His other children.... As to Jesus ... I have ... some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble." - Benjamin Franklin (Alice J. Hall, "Philosopher of Dissent: Benj. Franklin," National Geographic, Vol. 148, No. 1, July, 1975, p. 94.)

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind." - Thomas Paine (The Age of Reason, 1794-1795.)

Every man "ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience." - George Washington (Letter to the United Baptist Churches in Virginia in May, 1789)

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god." - Thomas Jefferson (letter to Peter Carr, 10 August 1787)

"When a Religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its Professors are obliged to call for help of the Civil Power, it is a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one." - Benjamin Franklin (from a letter to Richard Price, October 9, 1780;)

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of... Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."- Thomas Paine (The Age of Reason, 1794-1795.)

"Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error
all over the earth." - Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p. 363.)

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution." - James Madison (Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments, 1785.)

"Where do we find a precept in the Bible for Creeds, Confessions, Doctrines and Oaths, and whole carloads of other trumpery that we find religion encumbered with in these days?" - John Adams
"The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretence, infringed.'' - James Madison (Original wording of the First Amendment; Annals of Congress 434 (June 8, 1789).)

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." - (Treaty of Tripoli, 1797 - signed by President John Adams.)

"As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensable duty of government to protect all conscientious protesters thereof, and I know of no other business government has to do therewith." - Thomas Paine (Common Sense, 1776.)

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religion but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We shall not fight alone. God presides over the destinies of nations." - Patrick Henry

"That religion, or the duty we owe to our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience." - Patrick Henry (Virginia Bill of Rights, June 12, 1776.)

wow, this broad really knows how to use smiles and google. :) now honey if you could only understand at least 40% of whats said and how it contributes to the convo..

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:57 PM

John McCain is old as dirt and a racist bigget. If he wins the republican nomenation as President, it would not suprise me one bit if dug up Stomm Thurmond and selected him as his running mate or maybe even Gov. George Wallace.

He was a POW in the Vietnam war, look at him hes FRAIL as hell

but could do more for our country than you and hillary combined. we need to get rid of the illegals, and not a slap on the wrist. they just ****ing caused my car insurance to go up 130 bucks A MONTH because they're uninsured..its bs. i cant tolorate it anymore. yea our country has great landscaping..but we only need so many diswashers for our country. we need to finish building the fence to keep them out illegally.

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:55 PM

So if Mike Huckabee
changes the Constitution
of the United States
to make it more in
line with his fundamentalist
Christian beliefs, where
does that leave Jewish people,
Buddists, Muslims, Hindus
and other people who are
not Christians?

Does that mean they
are no longer American
citizens because they
don't conform to
Mike Huckabee's standards?

not at all, however some standard of any religion should be established

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:49 PM

Look what kind
of mess George
Bush Jr. and
his fundamentalist
supporters have
done to this country.

We don't need
another fundamentalist
for President!

i think what bush's problem is that he doesnt stick up for his decisions. such as the media bashing us being at war..and that our country needs legalized abortions because we have little hoes in freakin middle school running around like tramps. he needs to find his balls and remdind the country why he's doing what he's doing.

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:42 PM

Oh, I believe in God,
I just don't think
God should be legislated.

Separation of Church
and State has worked
for over 200 years,
so why mess with it?

look at our ****ing society. a 19 year old girl cant spend the night at a friends house without being kidnapped and now, probably killed. this happens on a day to day basis and we dont give a **** anymore. we need to start setting up morals and ethical points of view within our society..with or without god. this country has gone totally ****ing mad. we need to do something, and obviously it's only worsening over the past 200 years so we need to make a stand and stop putting pot heads away in jail longer than rapists. ya know?

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:39 PM

If Michael Bloomburg wont run, then no doubt Hillarys got my vote. Barrak Obama is to unexpierienced, John McCain is to old and frail, John Edwards is to conservitive, Rudy Guilanis morality is a huge Question Mark. Mitt Romney as govener of MASS couldnt run his own state. Mike Hukabee is on another planet. Yep if Michael wont run then Hillary it is

John Edwards is TOO conservative?? And you think Bloomberg is what, left of Joseph Stalin? Bloomberg's best chance will be as a third-party candidate, and if McCain wins, that is a likely scenario for Bloomberg (and Ron Paul, incidentally). McCain is old, not frail, and gaining strength. Florida should be a good test on the 29th to see if Guliani has what it takes finally. Hillary needs Florida if she hopes to have an impact on Super Tuesday. The Republicans might not get settled till the Mid 4 on March 4th (Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, Vermont).

i like john mccain...he's from arizona and knows what a crap hole that is because of the illegal freakin mexicans breeding like ****ing rabbits and crossing the borders like they are, costing arizona (alone in lost wages) appx 1.6 billion dollars a year, making it 49th in the us because our teachers are now having to teach and translate, and their ****ing cutting real americans in line for medical bills they cannot pay and sending all the money they make back to their beaner of a family in mexico..its bull**** and i think mccain is the only one of all the candidates to show this IS a problem which needs to be addressed asap.

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:36 PM

Hillary gets my vote.

oh yeaa i remember having a hillary and political conversation with you. unfortunately, you could not come up with a reason as to WHY you like her. still assuming you have no reason to vote for her except stupid people around you want to and you're persuaded easily??

thats my guess...

wow you can figure out how to put smiles in there, but you cannot tell me why you think hillary should run our country. not ONE freakin reason..not even something outrageous like "shes a woman, im a woman, i like women so im voting for one"

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh noway huh laugh laugh laugh laugh bigsmile

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:35 PM

Huckabee? noway noway noway

You mean the guy that
wants to abolish the IRS
and change the Constitution
to conform to God's standards?

No way Jose'!

I won't vote for the man
wearing the tinfoil hat.

im sorry that you dont belive in god enough to want our president to support morals and standards every human being should posess..believe me, i pray for people like you. but religion is more than praising god and believing someone created all of this within 7 days. but learn the 10 commandments, have children, and tell me if you would teach them these same morals or not. it's just "rules" god has created for us to be humane and civil to one another. our whole country, and the freakin world for that matter, has been desensitized in every way. it's sad to say. what happened to peoples respect for everyone? but i dont think huckabee would win, or even be a runner up..he is "out there" for people like you..and that's sad

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:29 PM

I'll vote for whomever the Democrats select.

hmm educated voter?? i think not. thats the worst voter we have.."umm yea, ill vote whatever democrat is put up there"

jesus dude, read up on the topics before you go running our country down into the ground with any dem.

She's just in it for the attention, you know once she's in there that means will have to here about that F**k up of a husband she has!!!!
We definitely do not need another Clinton, running this country

no, she's in it for the money. like every politican. she is being donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for her campagne by the freakin dixie chicks and oprah and all the other left winged liberals in hollywood. and whatever she doesnt spend within the campagne, she KEEPS. (not that she hasnt stolen enough thoughout her husbands presidency). and frankly, she wont make it. if she does, im moving to canada. it costs about 100 bucks for a carton of cigs (for those of you who do not smoke, thats a little over 3 times what we pay here in florida) and thats all because of their taxes. but the canadian taxes will be a lot lower than they are now than will hillary takes over..she'll run our economy even further into the ground. all you hillary voters and supporters will be sorry to have ever backed her up when she does too.

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:25 PM

No missblindie,

The worst voter we
have is the one
who will vote for
the 'lesser of
two evils'.

If you had a
choice between
death by car crash
and death by fire,
which one would
you choose?

at least the person who is voting is trying to vote with an ethical standard, rather than "oh well he/she is a democrat, ill vote for them"

i mean, i like huckabee because he's very religious and with that comes ethics and morals, so if it was up to me and i had no other way of voting and really wanted to vote without proper information regarding the candidates and their viewpoints on main topics within the debate, i'd definetly go for the lesser of two evils. and hillary, is the more of them. so i would definetly NOT vote for her. EVER.

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:21 PM

Hillary gets my vote.

oh yeaa i remember having a hillary and political conversation with you. unfortunately, you could not come up with a reason as to WHY you like her. still assuming you have no reason to vote for her except stupid people around you want to and you're persuaded easily??

thats my guess...

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:17 PM

I'll vote for whomever the Democrats select.

hmm educated voter?? i think not. thats the worst voter we have.."umm yea, ill vote whatever democrat is put up there"

jesus dude, read up on the topics before you go running our country down into the ground with any dem.

missblndie's photo
Tue 01/22/08 09:16 PM
no. that is a big 10-4 NO. and no, she did not "run" the country for 8 years. just because you WATCH someone do something doesn't mean you have experience with it. especially ethical experience.

although im thinking if she DID run the country for 4 years we would never have another democrat for about 40 years because she would run down our country and economy and respect for any political leader. especially a woman..i would personally be disappointed that more than 50% of our country would be THAT stupid to vote someone like her into office.

missblndie's photo
Thu 01/10/08 11:49 PM

Youngsters, anyway, I still believe Hillary is the best bet for 2008. I do not have to defend my opinion, I read up on all the options available and she is best. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear but I do not cater to others unless I want to. I have for a few but not tonight. Not here and not for those who will not do their own work on it.

well i only am asking you to defend your stance because you just dont seem that bright. which i know your not. remember,

never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup

haha this is the quote of a hillary voter..dragoness knows what im talking about...

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile It is true you mess with the dragon you get eaten for lunchbigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

My only point was for you to state why she is not a good candidate. I do not influence others opinions, I state mine. It is not my job to influence you that is for the politician to do. I wanted you to state that it is the opinion of your peers and parents that you are defending to the ground. Because it is the influence of they that you hold in a stance of wisdom that you are defending not your real personal opinion. And yes you are young to me. I could tell without reading your bio.

I am off to bed, so good night allflowerforyou

ok, well you believe what you would like. i have nothing to prove about why i dislike hillary to a dragon lover online. and yes i am young, and it's got to be painful to see a younger wiser person than you when it comes to politics. night. and you're in my prayers

If you are unwilling to prove your stance why should anyone else be willing to prove theirs to you. You are not more intelligent and you proved it by thinking that you are. Nite.

why i dislike hillary? because she will not explain, in the last 4 speeches ive seen from her including democratic debates, HOW she will solve the problems she has in mind and what it will do the the country. HOW is all im looking for. and "nite" is spelled incorrectly. bad timing hun..

missblndie's photo
Thu 01/10/08 11:43 PM

Youngsters, anyway, I still believe Hillary is the best bet for 2008. I do not have to defend my opinion, I read up on all the options available and she is best. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear but I do not cater to others unless I want to. I have for a few but not tonight. Not here and not for those who will not do their own work on it.

well i only am asking you to defend your stance because you just dont seem that bright. which i know your not. remember,

never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup

haha this is the quote of a hillary voter..dragoness knows what im talking about...

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile It is true you mess with the dragon you get eaten for lunchbigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

My only point was for you to state why she is not a good candidate. I do not influence others opinions, I state mine. It is not my job to influence you that is for the politician to do. I wanted you to state that it is the opinion of your peers and parents that you are defending to the ground. Because it is the influence of they that you hold in a stance of wisdom that you are defending not your real personal opinion. And yes you are young to me. I could tell without reading your bio.

I am off to bed, so good night allflowerforyou

ok, well you believe what you would like. i have nothing to prove about why i dislike hillary to a dragon lover online. and yes i am young, and it's got to be painful to see a younger wiser person than you when it comes to politics. night. and you're in my prayers

missblndie's photo
Thu 01/10/08 11:42 PM

Again, I must copy and paste to explain where I agree with her:

Hillary's stance on Drugs:
* Reduce sentencing disparity for crack, but not retroactively. (Dec 2007)
* 1969: held herself aloof from college drug counterculture. (Jul 2007)
* Divert non-violent drug offenders away from prison. (Jun 2007)
* Address drug problem with treatment and special drug courts. (Oct 2000)

I've seen the drug courts and treatments work on very close friends of mine. She supported it, and with doing so saved some very important people in my life.

the problem is that that is in the past, she's playin ga different game of harball and is desperate to win,hence why she was in tears...but i would agree that rehabilation is the key to get citizens less depended on the use of drugs..i used to be a coke head and a pot head and an alcoholic..now im just on tylenol 4 while getting a tat removed..but it changed my life only a month ago.

missblndie's photo
Thu 01/10/08 11:32 PM

missblndie's photo
Thu 01/10/08 11:26 PM

Lets not argue here, we can have a civil debate. Everyone just breathe a minute and compose yourselves before your next post. I almost lost it once myself, but lets try to keep this as clean as we can:smile:

right?? jayme actually did hold her tongue, which i know is hard, and you're now an intelligent part of this discussion..thank you for that

missblndie's photo
Thu 01/10/08 11:24 PM

CHILD? EXCUSE ME BUT WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????

aww guys stop it..this is getting stupid..dont call people babies, and dont call people child's and dont take it personally..i cant have a "grown up" discussion with anyone can i?

take the child comment as a compliment..that you're more intelligent than someone who is calling you a child. just look at it that way

Previous 1 3