Community > Posts By > repochick

repochick's photo
Sun 02/01/09 11:12 AM
Thank you all!
I have tried the chereo's, I have tried the candy, stickers, what have you. I have tried most everything I can think of and he doesn't even want to wear the big boy underwear.
No there is no male role model in his life, unfortunately, and I dont have any guy friends who he can go into the men's room with!!

repochick's photo
Sun 02/01/09 07:32 AM
Ok I think I have read every article out there and I have tried all the tricks but I still can't get my 3 year old to potty.
When I say this I mean he doesn't even want to wear big boy underwear and he wants nothing do do with the potty chair. Can anyone help??

repochick's photo
Sat 01/10/09 07:16 AM
Can anyone tell me if there really is a way to change your IP address and if so how you do it??

repochick's photo
Tue 01/06/09 03:04 AM
Anti virus 2009 was just part of the problem. Oh and I did google it but since I made the mistake of thinking anti virus 2009 was going to help me I wasnt about to start downloading all the options google gave to fixing it.

For those who truly wanted to help me, I thank you. For those who enjoyed coming in here with your smartass comments I thank you as well. You were oh so much help!

repochick's photo
Mon 01/05/09 03:07 PM

So, you did not google it as advised above?

Ok. It is a "virus", a "malware" itself. A box of dynamite can have an appearance of a birthday cake, can't it?

You downloaded it by clicking on something that appeared to be "helpful".

"Do not trust, do not fear, do not beg."

These are usable not only in life, but in dealing with computers as well.

So how does this help me?

repochick's photo
Mon 01/05/09 04:39 AM
OK so can anyone tell me what Anti virus 2009 is? Is it a virus or a scanner to protect from viruses?? Somehow it has been downloaded on my PC and I cant get it off!!

Is there a way to restore your PC without the recovery discs because I cant seem to find mine at this time!

I really need to get this resolved ASAP because I use my computer for work and school!!

repochick's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:24 PM
online scanners free??

Also am I going to have to restore the entire computer??

repochick's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:06 PM
Ok so if this is a virus why is my Norton not picking it up on a scan?? Also I googled it and it didnt say anything in my search about a virus!

repochick's photo
Sun 01/04/09 05:31 PM
Ok so an icon popped up today saying that my automatic updates is not running and gave me direction to turn it back on! When in properties I try to turn it back on and am getting this error message:
Error1058 The service can not be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it!

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it??

repochick's photo
Sun 12/28/08 06:09 PM
So after consulted my friend who's a paralegal and also some serious thinking I have decided that there is no way I am letting my SOB ex off the hook that easy! He thinks it would be great to sign over his rights but I think he should pay! I know he isnt going to fight to see my son, hell he has not tried yet, so he can start paying to help raise my son! Whats fair is fair!

repochick's photo
Sat 12/27/08 05:20 PM
Every guy I dated that my mom said was bad news, she was right. It might have taken me a while longer to figure it out but every time she ended up right! LOL

repochick's photo
Sat 12/27/08 08:21 AM
One thing I find really sad about this situation is that I dated a guy for almost 2 years when my son was a baby who was more of a father than bio dad is. When I chose to leave my ex, pregnant and scared, I worried that no one would want to be strapped with someone else's responsibility! I've gotten over that and I have also seen there are more people willing to step up for someone else's child than the actual bio parent is willing!

Very sad!

repochick's photo
Sat 12/27/08 08:01 AM

My sons father never sees him either. He blames it on my sons special needs. I asked him why he never sees his other two kids who have nothing wrong with them. Loser.

My son's father blames me. He says its my fault and he also said he would be glad to sign off rights to get me out of his life. The sad thing is that I have not been a part of his life since I walked away from him 3 months pregnant. He has never seen my son nor had he ever seemed to want to. In the past when we would attempt to discuss a way for them to meet it would always boil back to the same arguments about us and who was right or wrong. He hates me for leaving while I was pregnant and he hates me for not bending over backwards so that he could play the good daddy. He has 3 other kids with another woman, they have never been to court for child support issues, custody or visitation. He is not financially responsible for any of his kids but he gets to play the good daddy spoiling them while their mom works 3+ jobs to support her kids!

repochick's photo
Sat 12/27/08 07:57 AM

My children have a father who did not give up his parental rights. He lives about 6 miles from us and sees his 2 children on holidays. My kids are now 16 and 19 and my 19 year old son told me and my family at Christmas dinner that he doesn't have a father and hasn't for years.

It breaks my heart that my kids continue to be hurt by this man's actions. I make all kinds of excuses for him, because I don't want to make them feel like they have been abandoned by their dad. I knew the day would come when they were old enough to make their own decision about him. I just always held out hope that he would step up and take an active interest in them.

So my question to you all is: Should I continue to try to take the sting out of his actions and encourage them to see him when he wants to or should I allow them to refuse to see him?

I don't mean to highjack this thread, but since they are so similar, I don't want to start a new thread and have people get all pis*y about it.

(JMO) but since the kids are now 16 and 19 they are old enough to see things as they are and make decisions. When I was 17 my dad passed away. His family came out of the woodwork to be there for him and us until everything was finalized. They managed to walk away with anything and everything of value with no thought to the 2 kids he had. At that point my mom gave us the chance to make up our own mind about the family and what contact we had. To this day 13 years later we have not had contact with any of them!

My point is your kids know what they want. I feel that forcing them to see their dad will only cause resentment and possibly make matters worse. They could eventually change their mind and want to be a part of their fathers life again in time!

repochick's photo
Sat 12/27/08 06:17 AM
I posted this on another forum and had some nutjob come in and tell me how selfish we parents are for having children in the first place. Then she starts spouting out about how MY mind is in disneyland when considering mental illness. Does this topic seem like a discussion about mental illness??

Its immature among so many other things. The saddest fact is that it is the innocent children involved who pay the price in the end!

repochick's photo
Fri 12/26/08 10:31 PM
Oh I'll be glad to be rid of him at this point too! He has done nothing to help us at all.....I just dont look forward to explaining this to him when he is old enough to understand!

repochick's photo
Fri 12/26/08 10:26 PM
To me it does not matter man or woman how can someone just up and walk away from their child? My friends soon to be ex wife has chosen to leave her husband and her 2 children and take off to go live with her boyfriend.
Plus, my ex has decided he will sign over his parental rights to his child. He has no emotions about it and does not care. How can these people live with themselves?

repochick's photo
Tue 12/23/08 07:57 PM

I feel for you and understand have had a rough year myself. Starting with wrecking my car then the main gear shift cable breaking less then a month after having to put out the $500 deductible which cost me another couple hundred. Then my son lost his job and has had to move back in. But........even so I still feel myself lucky for I do have more them some I know. Even though my job is on the line and the company is threaten to close down due to lack of jobs.

Regardless we must live one day at a time and do the best we can and never give up.

Not sure if you have kids to support or if it is just you. There is help out there use it to get on your feet then when you are stable and no longer need it you can no longer use it. Church's in your area would be more then glad to help you find a place to live or see if you qualify for section 8 in housing. Put a add on Craigslist you would be surprised who might help you fix your car for a small price.

In the past told someone to contact the any Church to help them they did and in fact they were single the Church helped them pay their utility's and someone from the Church actually helped and fixed her car at no charge she just had to buy the parts and think the Church helped her with that even.

At the time she had no job and needed meds for being Bi-Polar I was able to help her find a clinic for her to get the meds she needed on a sliding scale basis on pay. And directed her to a nursing home that needed help. In fact she is still struggling each year but is doing 100% better then she was. This was a lady when the very first time I talked to her was planning on committing suicide I'm proud to say after 5 years later she still sends me e-mails to let me know life is good after all. Even though I have never meet this woman I found out information that I could over the internet for her to check out then it was up to her to follow through. I'm just glad that night I just happen to be online in the same place she was when she felt life had let her down and was able to get through to her in the process.

There is always a way if you never give up sometimes we don't want to ask for help but must in order to make it. It never hurts to ask and only take what you need.

I do hope maybe you will think about the suggestions I have made and you will see things will get better but we must not ever give up ourselves. bigsmile

Just never give up life may not always be roses but........if you look around someone else is worse off then we are. It will get better just never give up.

I will definitely consider these options. It has just seemed, lately, that I am backed in a hole that I can climb out of. Just when things start looking up something else comes along.
I have been behind on bills for a while now and trying everything I could to get caught up! About the time I start thinking I was going to get caught up work cuts hours. There goes the money. Then I go apply for assistance and get denied. I make too much money! So then I decide I was going to quit my full time job to get assistance and go to school at the same time and now the car is broke down. I cant seem to catch a break here!

repochick's photo
Tue 12/23/08 04:47 PM
I truthfully dont even want to deal with tomorrow. I didnt get enough money on my last check to cover bills and Christmas so thats going to suck! I dont want to be around the family because they just suck right now!

repochick's photo
Tue 12/23/08 04:39 PM
So being that Christmas Eve is tomorrow I just have to say this is currently the ****tiest holiday I have had yet!! I'm flat broke, not ready for Christmas by any means, my car broke down and I dont know how I am going to fix that, and then tonight I am told (by family no less) that I need to start looking for a new place to live!!!

Is anyone else having a ****ty Christmas??

Previous 1 3 4 5 6