Community > Posts By > Titu

Titu's photo
Tue 06/16/20 02:54 PM
Young guy sends a message to older women. She says he is too young and age doesn't matter. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have read this.

It matters!

Interests. I cannot imagine someone who is 45 or younger sitting in a room with my friends and being able to understand what we are talking about. People my age remember Kennedy. We lived through that trauma. And people all over the world were traumatized by his assassination. Same for King and Lennon. We grew up with these people. They aren't just things the heard about or read somewhere. They are imprinted in our minds. The first space flight. Landing on the moon. Wringer washing machine. Only radio or black and white TV. A mom who stayed home with the kids when one income could support a family.

Music. Whole different scene there

Movies. They watch movies about the above events and think they know it. We can watch the movie and tell you what they left out or changed for the sake of the Hollywood machine.

Life stages. I'm retired. I don't want to wait 20 years for him to retire so we can travel together. I've already put my time in. Raised my family.

Needs and wants. What is important to a 40 or 50 yr old isn't as important to those of us who are retied.

I could go on but what would be left? Sex? Personally I would rather have sex with someone I can relate to in all the above categories and a lot more. Not into going backwards in life