Community > Posts By > Mac

Mac's photo
Fri 05/26/23 06:36 PM
Sure, I'd love some feedback on my profile. Whatever you've got.

I put separated in my profile. What that means is that I am married and my wife is living in an adult family home in the last stages of dementia (she's only 62). I'll stay married for as long as she lives, which could be a day or it could be years. I am looking for friendship first but I am open to a relationship even while my wife is still alive. I will still love my wife and continue grieving for her at the same time.

What I've done is, if I connect with someone and we're chatting, I'll tell her about the situation in the first or second message, so they can make a choice early on whether or not they feel comfortable with it.

(I am getting silence from someone I forgot to tell for longer than that and was just told. I have a feeling she's not happy about it. I don't know how it slipped my mind, but it did.🤷‍♂️ )

Mac's photo
Tue 07/07/20 05:49 PM
Actually it's a guy. I'm bi so that's no problem but I don't think I ever looked at the men's side here on Mingle2. He answered with shock that I replied but hasn't answered my question as to how he got my email.

May be from another site that you are member of.

No, she even mentioned Mingle in the email. I emailed her asking about it but she hasn't responded.

As Di said, M2 never divulges private information which includes
email addresses. Most times we get the query it turns out the
OP gave the member their email address.

Let us know what she says about where she got it ;-)

soufie
Site Admin

Mac's photo
Tue 07/07/20 09:20 AM

May be from another site that you are member of.

No, she even mentioned Mingle in the email. I emailed her asking about it but she hasn't responded.

Mac's photo
Tue 07/07/20 06:55 AM
Well, that's strange. I just sent her an email and asked how she got my email address. I have her real name (from the email) but not her username. I've sent a lot of messages so I have no idea which one it might be.

Thank you for the quick answer!
Mac

The site never divulges any personal information to anyone.

Di
Site Moderator

Mac's photo
Tue 07/07/20 05:53 AM
I received an email from a member at my real email address. Is that part of the service? I don't remember that. I also am pretty darn sure I've not handed out my email to anyone. What's up?