Community > Posts By > SashaLea

SashaLea's photo
Wed 09/12/12 11:09 PM

Hey!! Just getting started on here. I am looking to meet new people to share laughs, stories, and life with. :)

Thank you David happy

SashaLea's photo
Wed 09/12/12 11:07 PM

It's interesting to read different people's opinions and thoughts. When I say someone is mature they are more than just emotionally mature. They don't play head games, or go looking for drama. They understand that every action has a reaction, they have goals and ambitions.

As for age just being a number, I always have and always will believe this...especially in love. Yes, age indicates the number of years we have been here on earth and how much cultural and societal changes we've witnessed. Age does not show the personal battles and milestones a person has experienced. While society and culture contribute to who you are, your personal conquests make you you. I am 25 years old and have been through more battles, whether win or lose, in my life than most people twice my age, and because of this I am unlike any other 25 year old. So to look at my age as a definer for who I am just doesn't seem fair if you ask me.

Your right on the money! For some people (myself included) living outside of the boxes is far more natural than the man made rules of "norm". I believe you when you say "always will believe this". I'm 53 now and have had the same belief about this issue my whole life. People told me I was wrong or I would change, but this change never took place. I think (not to put down others) it has a lot to do with open-mindedness. The walls we build around us (most of time without us knowing) dictates our reactions to situations. If we never spend the time building those walls we remain fresh and open to more possibilities.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree it has a lot to do with having an open mind and living life outside of the box. I think a lot of people, not all, put limits on age difference in a relationship because of what others will think or say about dating someone so much younger or older. I personally think life is far too short to worry at all about what others think. If something or someone makes me happy, I don't care what anyone else (except my son) thinks, it is my life and I want to live it as happily as possible. I would rather be a relationship with someone twice my age and happy, than be in a "socially accepted" relationship with someone closer to my age and unhappy. Some of the happiest couples I know have a significant age difference ranging from 10-22 years. You can't control who you fall in love with.

SashaLea's photo
Tue 09/11/12 10:27 PM

It's interesting to read different people's opinions and thoughts. When I say someone is mature they are more than just emotionally mature. They don't play head games, or go looking for drama. They understand that every action has a reaction, they have goals and ambitions.

As for age just being a number, I always have and always will believe this...especially in love. Yes, age indicates the number of years we have been here on earth and how much cultural and societal changes we've witnessed. Age does not show the personal battles and milestones a person has experienced. While society and culture contribute to who you are, your personal conquests make you you. I am 25 years old and have been through more battles, whether win or lose, in my life than most people twice my age, and because of this I am unlike any other 25 year old. So to look at my age as a definer for who I am just doesn't seem fair if you ask me.

Who ever said life is fair? Is it fair for men to assume that a woman can't fend for herself; or that she is physically weaker just because she is female? I don't think so but yet this is how women are defined. I am not like any average 52 year old women either; especially after having served in the military and dealing with some horrible things; but guess what I am defined merely because of my age and sex. Yep, its unfair but what are you gonna do? I fought for 20 years to prove to men that I belonged in the military as women could well do the same job. I will also add that at 25; I was dealing with terrorists threats in Europe. Watched friends of mine die but I was still not taken seriously by someone older. It meant squat to them. Is that fair? Its called life. The real measure of maturity is to not take it personally.

I am not saying life is fair nor am I taking anything personally.I am simplying saying although being judged by your age happens all the time, and it has happened to me plenty, it shouldn't. Just like we shouldn't be judged by our gender, race, religion, political views, or sexual orientation. But, we are. If people would just stop being so judgemental, pull their heads out of their *****, and starting treating ALL others like equals, the world could be a much more peaceful place. Now do I ever expect this to happen? NO!

SashaLea's photo
Tue 09/11/12 10:28 AM
Help a newbie out!! What are the best forums on here for:

meeting new people(friends)?
meeting a significant other?
general conversation?
a good laugh?
any others??

SashaLea's photo
Tue 09/11/12 10:22 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks. Any threads you would recommend??

SashaLea's photo
Tue 09/11/12 10:15 AM

SashaLea's photo
Tue 09/11/12 09:43 AM
Hey everyone! Thanx for the welcome. I was expecting to get on here and there still be no replys lol. How are ya'll doing today?

SashaLea's photo
Mon 09/10/12 09:26 AM
hey, how are you? Nice to know other newbies are using the forums too. lol

SashaLea's photo
Mon 09/10/12 09:22 AM
To me age it just a number we have attached to us from the very beginning. It starts with hours, then days, then weeks, then months, and eventually years. This number that we carry does not define who we are. I have met my share of younger and older men, some of the older men are less mature than the younger men. For me what matters is maturity, personality, compatability, and physical attraction. I believe it is possible for the person you truly connect with to be much older, or younger.

SashaLea's photo
Mon 09/10/12 09:07 AM
Ultimately I am looking to meet a good down to earth man to share my life with, but I'd settle for just some more friends, and a place to go to chat.

SashaLea's photo
Mon 09/10/12 09:03 AM
Thanx :)

SashaLea's photo
Mon 09/10/12 09:02 AM
Three Rivers, CA- Small little tourist town in the Seirra Nevadas (also known as the gateway to Sequoias) I love pretty much everything about it here from the wildlife, to the mountains and rivers, to the GIANT Sequoia Trees just 45 mins away!

SashaLea's photo
Mon 09/10/12 08:48 AM
Hey!! Just getting started on here. I am looking to meet new people to share laughs, stories, and life with. :)