Community > Posts By > maruli

no photo
Tue 08/18/15 02:47 PM
Thanks for fixing the advanced search.
Now for me this has become a good site again.

no photo
Sat 07/04/15 04:20 PM
The programmers are welcome to hijack my account for the duration of the repair.

no photo
Fri 07/03/15 04:16 PM
As a non-paying user I am patient and not complaining.
But repairing the advanced search would certainly be welcomed and appreciated by others besides by myself.

no photo
Sat 05/23/15 01:01 PM
I just tried and the problem is still there. How long will it take until it will be fixed?

no photo
Sun 05/17/15 03:24 PM
Some months ago, advanced search has suddenly stopped giving me any results, even though I did not change the criteria.

A basic Search of men between 61 and 71 anywhere in the UK results in 7662 profiles.
Example of the problem: Leaving all other criteria blank, an advanced search for 'any' as the marital status reduces the results to 560, even though it should be 7662 due to not having changed the age.
Searching for never married, divorced and widowed gives only 6 results.

no photo
Wed 09/28/11 04:03 PM
Who Knows Where My Mindmate Is Hidden?

I am not new as a member of ths site but this is my first forum post.

Not having found a compatible partner in spite of my active searching I decided to try a different approach. I have looked at the profiles on this and other sites myself and I have not found someone compatible.

My mindmate to be found is as rare and different as I am myself. I suspect that he is probably disheartened and has resigned from active search due to lack of hope. He could be anywhere, living as a recluse and a maverick in his own world and not even having a profile on a site like this, because he has given up searching as an hopeless endeavor in spite of craving for a woman like me.

This could be the reason, why I cannot find him myself, not matter how hard I try. But he could be the brother, cousin, uncle, friend, buddy, neighbour or colleague of any of you, and maybe you do care enough for him to help him find me.
I mean someone, whom you know personally in your own social environment.

Some basics:
He is between about 58 and 68.
He is like me an atheist, skeptic, complete non-believer and has at least a college degree. This is why I am looking for a mindmate and not for a soulmate. Atheists do not have souls.
He is like me childFREE. That means, he never has procreated, he has no children of any age or whereabouts.

This already makes him statistically rare. Also I am not like other women, who by instinct want a provider, who is tall, strong, rich and a stud. These kind of men are the majority and easy to find, but they do not attract me.

But there are other men, those who are small, poor, shy intellectuals, who are not drooling over every woman's body. Especially those, who are sensitive and affectionate and have a tendency towards psychological androgynity, are also non-promiscuous, innately monogamous, attracted to a woman's mind and brain and not easily infatuated by a body, but able to be committed and bonded.
Such men are a very precious minority. Yet some of them unfortunately get rejected so often, until they lose hope and withdraw.

Such a man is very welcome to me. Even though a man's height is of no importance, I feel very comfortable, when I at my own 5'4 can look into a man's eyes without looking up.

I am also not interested at all in a man's ability to spend money on me. If he has enough money to live frugally by himself, he has enough money to share a frugal life together. Living together reduces expenses. All I expect is that he has no debts. I am not rich, but just not interested in luxuries. I am looking for a close relationship of two equal partners, and that means sharing egalitarian frugality and not a man buying a woman's services.

My search is based upon a very rational approach. There are millions of men on this globe, with whom I have at least one language in common. At least one, maybe a few of them are really compatible and suitable as my mindmate. Therefore my search is worldwide (I am in Germany). In the times of emails, internet telephone and air travel, geographical distance is much easier to overcome than mental distance. Logically, it is wise to be selective and to make a careful choice of someone really acceptable and suitable. It is foolish to attempt to compromise with someone, just because he is easily available, and lateron feel tempted to change each other, as soon as the compromise becomes unbearable when the infatuation has worn off.

I am not writing this asking for any advice telling me to modify my search criteria. At the age of 62, I know exactly, who I am, what I need and whom I am looking for. I am asking your support to find my mindmate or to make him find me.

Therefore, if you know a man, who could be my mindmate, please tell him to read my blog, which can be found by googling 'egalitarian rational commitment paradigm'
In this blog I am telling all about my idea of what kind of a relationship I am looking for, based upon evolutionary psychology. I started the blog hoping that my mindmate to be found would stumble upon it in a google search. So far, this has not happened.
Does anybody of you have any webpage or blog, where you could give me publicity for my search by adding a link?
Thanks.