Community > Posts By > AthenaRose2

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 11:00 PM
^^^^ unless this photo was just staged whatever he was up too looks like it was getting him into a bind. Even though I found this on the same page as other huffers it's hard to believe he was actually inhaling paint or whatever the green substance is. If this was a genuine incident I would hope he learned something from it.

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 08:46 AM
^^^^ I love the pic... waving

I just returned from Waynesboro Walmart... had to get dog food and the like. The day can't decide if it wants to rain or shine. Wow, I've got over 110 shows recorded that I want to watch so I guess my weekend is going to be filled with relaxation and dramas... my favorite combination... biggrin

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 05:29 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Fri 06/27/14 05:36 AM
Why would our country need to analyze anybody or anything else besides itself first and foremost? Especially going so far back in history.

Alleged Christians in today's world are just as prone to the same beliefs and practices as their ancestors were. In fact, when we forget our history we are doomed to repeat it. Why?

Because humans are creatures of habit and traditions. We tend to stick with what makes us feel most comfortable. And even Christians are capable of selfishness and hatred that closes their minds and hearts to those less fortunate and/or uneducated.

Without analyzing our own motives and behavior first and removing the boulder from our own eye by living according to the Gospel teachings, we discard the Word and judge and condemn others we don't see as equals.

But that's the whole reason God sent His only Son to walk among us.

To teach us by His living example the kind of LOVE that God has for His children. His creation. His work of art. And how we're really supposed to treat the poor, broken in spirit, disabled, sinners.

No, we don't need to look any farther than our own hearts and backyards to see and know if the way we profess to be Christians with our lips actually shows in our actions by how we treat even our enemies.

And we can see straight through all the new age politicians who use their alleged Christian values as a platform for reform in their efforts to get all others to bend the knee and think and act the way alleged Christians think and feel they should behave.

Is America really a Christian nation with Christian morals and values? NO!

Are there a lot of people who are so narcissistic and self righteous they think their shiiit doesn't stink, and they know more than everybody else, so they call themselves Christians to garner the quasi-Christian vote? YES!

But ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS.... always have and always will. :angel:

BTW... I don't profess to be a practicing Christian. In fact, I became so disillusioned with my own church that I had my name taken off the books. And I only listed my religion under the Christian category on my profile because M2 moved one of my threads from the General discussion board to Christian singles.

But I still have all my original beliefs I was raised with and base my current opinions on my previous knowledge and practices. Just in case anybody is wondering.

flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 04:51 AM
Just a little good news from my home town... Mobile, Alabama...

fox10tv.com/2014/06/25/good-financial-news-for-city-of-mobile/

The Mobile Mayor's Office delivered some good financial news to the city council Wednesday.

City Finance Director Paul Wesch told the council that, right now, the city is $ 2.1 million ahead of what it was projected to be at this point in the year.

Mayor Sandy Stimpson said the finding is important because Moody's Investors Services had already announced it was going to review the city's general fund to see if was weakened enough to impact Mobile’s credit profile.

Stimpson said, "If we end up with a greater surplus than what we anticipated, its very, very favorable. It's more important for us to end up with a surplus this year, and, so, if that turns out that way, it really accrues to the financial soundness of the city."

Stimpson said the city's credit rating was being reviewed because Mobile had an operating deficit and declining general fund balances the last two years.

waving

It's always nice to have more than not enough...:thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 03:04 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:56 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:45 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:44 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:40 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:19 AM
Simon & Garfunkel

"The Sound of Silence"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCNwgzM2rQ

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:12 AM
What makes a Christian Nation... Christian...

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:08 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:08 AM
Matthew 7:15

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 02:04 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 01:54 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Fri 06/27/14 02:15 AM

Regardless to whether we personally like, love, dislike or hate Barrack Obama who was a lawyer before becoming America's first biracial president, his opinions on certain issues make sense to me.

Our country isn't a Christian nation and as long as I've been alive it never has been from what I've personally experienced. Being raised in church supposedly around Christians, even as a child I could see who were the ones really trying to live right and the ones who were just there for show.

And now people who self righteously profess Christianity with their lips while also trampling on the rights of their neighbors and the poor want to take over our government.

It's a scary day in America.

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 01:46 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 01:44 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 01:44 AM

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 01:38 AM
Edited by AthenaRose2 on Fri 06/27/14 01:41 AM

Regardless to what the moral issue is that one person or side tries to force another person or side to comply with for their own profit, power, or ego's self satisfaction... independent beliefs should NEVER be used as weapons or tools to conform the minds and actions of others... :thumbsup: because that's a subtle form of slavery... imho.

no photo
Fri 06/27/14 01:29 AM