Community > Posts By > bgreymc88

bgreymc88's photo
Tue 06/30/09 06:56 PM
Sounds like fun to me!!!

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/29/08 12:55 PM
I have an update:

I met someone through another free site (won't mention the name) who saw my Profile as it was before editing (I used the same profile statements as here) and contacted me twice (two weeks apart).

I met her Friday, and we went to the Rocky Horror picture show together Saturday...

This one has definite potential, as she is as open and honest as I am...

Thanx to all for your help!!

Brian

bgreymc88's photo
Tue 09/23/08 12:48 PM

happy birthday.......now lets argue!!! hahahaaaaaaaaaaa jk:wink: laugh laugh laugh

my sentiments exactly!!!

bgreymc88's photo
Tue 09/23/08 09:27 AM
Edited by bgreymc88 on Tue 09/23/08 09:28 AM

bein alone is better than bein w/ someone u hate

lol

I was actually with a girl for 4 years. We only had real arguments about 2 subjects: Money and her smoking habits (cigarettes and other).

She had a debit card for my bank account, and the first time she asked me to let her use her card, I gave her an amount that would be available (cuz I kept the account balanced)... she took $30 more than I told her was available (she believed the ATM balance) and it nearly cost me $100 extra in bounced transactions.

She also ended up leaving her job due to her back hurting more than usual, so she had no income to buy her cigarettes and other habit supplies. On a side note, it was up to me to pay house expenses because I had a job <-- in her opinion, so she figured buying me dinner once a week and MAYBE offering gas money to her babysitting gig every weekday would be enough for her part.

Things went south six months ago, and I haven't had to worry about other people's habits since.

Sometimes though it is still better to be with someone you love (even if you hate certain things about her) than to be alone... Right?

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 11:50 AM
Edited by bgreymc88 on Mon 09/22/08 11:58 AM
IMHO, I would never interfere with a woman that I am interested in and her boyfriend just to try to win her over to me.

Truly caring for someone means you have to value her happiness over your own, and I have three good friends because I chose to see her happy instead of just with me...

I once tried to tell a girl how I felt about her when she was mad at her boyfriend (now husband), and I told her I wanted her to be happy. Even though I did not agree with her marrying him, I happily took pictures and video for her bridal showers (the only guy invited!!).

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 08:06 AM
I give up.

I have officially resigned myself to living alone for a good portion of my life... I have not had a large number of relationships, but I have learned from the relationships that I have had that I have to build a relationship from the ground up, and not look for that "quick score" to start off... and since very few women want to look beyond the past to see the person I am now, I would rather be alone than to have to prove myself to another person.

I will probably never find anyone that I can truly be myself with, but that doesn't mean I am closing my mind to the possibility.

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 08:03 AM

no it doesn't look like you want to scare anyone. But, my opinion, for what it's worth, is that you have scared yourself. You want to be forgiven. For that you must go to your son. Good luck, God Bless.

Sweetest

I did a while ago... now I have to deal with what everyone else thinks!

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 07:42 AM
"Make it sew!"

Captain Picard talking to an old fashioned seamstress...

(Not really a line in any movie, but a parody of Picard from TNG)

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 07:41 AM
"Mr. Scott, do you always multiply your repair estimates by a factor of 4?"

"Aye, sir. How else do you think I maintain my reputation as a miracle worker?"

Kirk and Scotty, Star Trek III

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 07:30 AM
The funny thing is that I think I am trying to scare myself off more than scare others away...

It is difficult to watch couples who at the surface seem happy to be together. I have been burned too many times, and I have yet to find anyone that I can be myself around, and still have a loving relationship...

It is either friends or lovers. I don't know how to be both inclusively...

bgreymc88's photo
Mon 09/22/08 07:27 AM

In my opinion your admissions are too "heavy duty". There's a way to be honest without full disclosure--a lot of people get the two mixed up. While it's admirable that you are admitting to these acts, the way you're doing it is--yeah--going to put people off. It's not so much: "Oh, what a regular guy he is for admitting this!" but, "Why is he telling me all this?" It's a matter of degrees, in other words.

If it was me, I would put more stuff in about my present (reformed) self and then just a mention: "I'm not gonna lie: I have legal issues, but I have paid the price for them and am in the process of moving on." That way you're giving your disclaimer in a fair and honest way without dumping all your problems on a stranger's doorstep.

When I meet someone at a bar--for example--and that person tells me that he's been in prison, or just got discharged from the Army, or is on Disability, or whatever, I appreciate that person telling me those things. It makes that person seem honest and forthcoming without involving me in the problem. It's my option then to try to find out more or change the subject--since we are after all in a public place for socializing, right?

However, if that person immediately starts telling me what he was in prison FOR, it's a lot different. It makes me somewhat wary--it makes him seem like he's got a guilty conscience, or that he may be trying to impress me in some strange way. (I once had a guy I had just met start telling me, after just one beer, how he and a buddy had pulled a home invasion robbery.)

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. I would put more stuff about me and what I like to do, and leave the "I have legal issues" at a bare minimum.

I hope this helps. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

I updated the profile... Thanx for your help (to everyone)

bgreymc88's photo
Sun 09/21/08 08:17 PM
Thanx...

A local friend of mine said she thought I was actually trying to scare people away by being too bluntly honest...

bgreymc88's photo
Sun 09/21/08 08:02 PM
Is my profile too honest, and does it look like I am trying to scare people away?

Let me know what you think!!

bgreymc88's photo
Fri 09/19/08 07:01 AM
I give up.

I have officially resigned myself to living alone for a good portion of my life... I have not had a large number of relationships, but I have learned from the relationships that I have had that I have to build a relationship from the ground up, and not look for that "quick score" to start off... and since very few women want to look beyond the past to see the person I am now, I would rather be alone than to have to prove myself to another person.

I will probably never find anyone that I can truly be myself with, but that doesn't mean I am closing my mind to the possibility.

bgreymc88's photo
Fri 09/19/08 06:55 AM
Our cast was invited to perform at the St Johns Cinema 4 for the 19th and 20th of September Shows... If you happen to be in the area, we'd love to see ya!!!

Brian

bgreymc88's photo
Thu 09/11/08 09:41 AM
"The more intricate the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"

James Doohan (RIP) as Captain Montgomery Scott, Star Trek III

bgreymc88's photo
Thu 09/11/08 09:13 AM
Yep!!!

pitchfork

bgreymc88's photo
Thu 09/11/08 09:03 AM

Basically the only time I end up anywhere near Detroit is when I have a function to attend... last time was for a bridal shower (I was the photographer)

So I would probably be able to give you at least 2 day's notice (or more)

I am already dating someone and I am not a person to date more than one person at a time.

I understand completely... I consider you a friend, so that is why I would make contact if I am going to be in the area.

Right now, dating is the last thing on my mind. But I still need my friends to help keep me sane...

bgreymc88's photo
Thu 09/11/08 08:48 AM
Basically the only time I end up anywhere near Detroit is when I have a function to attend... last time was for a bridal shower (I was the photographer)

So I would probably be able to give you at least 2 day's notice (or more)

bgreymc88's photo
Thu 09/11/08 08:39 AM
I dated a 24 year old (I am currently 38) and although she couldn't really have been my child, my own son is 14, so there was only 10 years difference between them (and 14 years between her and me!!)...

I also once dated a 40 year old (when I was 19), but she really got freaked out by the age difference.

Previous 1 3