Community > Posts By > alwaysacanuck

alwaysacanuck's photo
Sun 12/02/12 04:02 PM
Nice to see both male and female alike see the homour in the truth

Stay smilin' biggrin

alwaysacanuck's photo
Wed 11/28/12 11:00 AM
A Wise man will never play leapfrog with unicorn.

alwaysacanuck's photo
Wed 11/28/12 10:59 AM
A priest, a rabbi, and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender says, 'What is this, a joke?'

alwaysacanuck's photo
Wed 11/28/12 10:56 AM
Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea...

As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist.

'Miss Beatrice', he said, 'I wonder if you would tell me about this? … pointing to the bowl.

'Oh, yes,' she replied, 'Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease.

alwaysacanuck's photo
Wed 11/28/12 10:19 AM
Living is the only way to travel in this life ... stay strong ... stay positive and always stay smilin' ... Thanks so much

alwaysacanuck's photo
Wed 11/28/12 10:16 AM
Thanks kids ... much appreciated:smile:

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 11:15 PM
To love I have lost
All that is self
My memories have made me
And my storm now subsides
Casting my fate
Inside your soul
Now these eyes
Are no more to seek

I pour myself
Into your virgin veins
And now all that I see
Is through a passions pain
Because I am all hung up
Over you
Losing myself
Loving you

Your wine is the blood
That drunkens my heart
With the omens of love
So pure, so deep
And now I am
Forever you
I fear
That you are not I

True love
Is so sublime
So blue
The storm has passed
Deep inside of me
Crushed by the calm
Of my insecurity
Only hoping for you

Because I am all hung up
Over you
Losing myself
Over you

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 11:11 PM
Great write ... I like your words ... SMILES

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 11:09 PM
I must agree ... you have magnifcent ability ... keep up the good works my friend ... eager to read more from you ... CHEERS

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 11:06 PM
You never cease to amaze Athena ... I bow down to you ... CHEERS

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 11:04 PM
Nice ... Love it as per usual ... you have talent my dear ... SMILES ...

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 11:01 PM
Not a poem just some reflection ... not evryone will agree and that's ok ... However, I hope it does stimulate some thought

We are never really able to understand the plight of others. We may think we understand … we will say we understand … we will even act like we understand. We try to convince ourselves that we are thoroughly in tune with what an individual is trying to contend with. But the truth is, we could never understand nor appreciate their circumstances … because … we are not, that individual. We are not capable of being in the same place as another. We cannot totally comprehend all the variables that may manifest themselves within any given situation … reaction … emotion … thought … perception or opinion … and the affect and effect this will have. We see things from our own perspectives … understanding … emotional sensitivities and moral experiences. When we formulate opinion based solely on how we perceive an event or circumstance … the realities will become elusive. Our own perceptions of truth may become clouded by emotions, intention, opinion and preservation … this is human nature. We produce our own concepts of reality … this is being unique. But when our perceptions are based solely on our perspectives, we become blind to what is there to see and restrict our potential to see what really is. We all have our own exclusive encounters in life and although we can relate them to others we should not expect others to accept nor understand our own situation as one that they can grasp.

So we must be cautious on passing judgement on others … in doing so we expose our insecurities, weaknesses and prejudices. If we are willing to cast judgement on others then we must also be willing to cast judgement on ourselves. We may not like what we may see but we will have to acknowledge then accept those realities. It is only when we are able to take the path less travelled and find compassion … empathy … patience … and love … we can quietly and humbly celebrate our evolution. We will have gotten stronger ... discovered more about who we really are … finding truth and peace in our existence, thus allowing for the pursuit of the excellence all are capable of attaining … It is then we will take ownership for our own destiny. For only those who can see the invisible … possess the ability to accomplish what may seem impossible.

Peace to all ... Garrett

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 10:56 PM
Where am I going?
Have I gone too far?
Have I lost my mind?
Have I seen too much?
Have I lost my touch?

Losing direction
From growing infections
Poisoned desires
Of reaping life so young
What will I be like
When my head is bare
And my legs are weak
Will I be strong
Or barely kept alive
When I’m eighty – five
Reaching dimensions
That shatter conventions
Leads me to fear
That I am growing old too soon
With every step
With every breath
It’s further from youth
And closer to death
And the things that I have realized
Now beckon me to shut my eyes
With such little time
With this venturous mind
What am I saying?
I don’t know myself
From experience
I shall never change
Nor cease to sail the sky
Until the day I die
I’ll come to conclusion
Without fear or illusion
I will live how I feel
‘Cause no matter how fast
Or slow
Youth will someday go

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 10:52 PM
Thank you all so much ... I appreciate your comments ... Garrett

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 10:51 PM
:smile: Thanks Athena

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 10:50 PM
Thank you all ... peace and love ... Garrett

alwaysacanuck's photo
Tue 11/27/12 10:02 AM
Thanks Athena ... I enjoy your writing too ... stay well ... always smile

alwaysacanuck's photo
Mon 11/26/12 08:55 PM

can only hope that JBEEBS will get his just desserts ... I feel for the bear though

huh I thought that you wanted the kid to be the bear's dessert.

I do ... just don't think that it's fair to the bear, don't want to see the bear get indigestion or worse poisoned ... wouldn't that be cruelty to animals ... guess the bear could be supplied with beano, pepto or an antacid for the queezy stomach ... better yet we could just send the BEEBS into the octagon with GSP ... the torture could be dragged out for 15 minutes ... maybe even get choked out thus ending his singing career ... no more suffering for the ears of anyone over 8 years old ...

alwaysacanuck's photo
Mon 11/26/12 07:52 PM
You are all too sweet ... thanks for reading

alwaysacanuck's photo
Mon 11/26/12 07:46 PM
I appreciate the kind words ... peace to you all

Previous 1 3 4