Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 08:05 AM

HI WORLD :)

((Mary))

[Seeing she's wearing a Jersey, tackles her]

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 08:04 AM

My heart. :tongue: bigsmile

((BTW Superfresh is the grocery store I work at .. not a nickname laugh laugh ))

I just figured bmac had a new name. And you totally ignored my deep breath comment. grumble after I put all that devil thought into it.

laugh I didn't ignore it .. I just didn't know what to say to it. :tongue:

Would it help you figure out what to say if I said I wanted the picture from the profile?

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 08:02 AM

Uh, Maybe . . . Cocoa's ready! drinker

laugh Superfresh can domesticate me ... you .. can't. :tongue: laugh

drinks

sad

grumble What's he got that I don't got?!

My heart. :tongue: bigsmile

((BTW Superfresh is the grocery store I work at .. not a nickname laugh laugh ))

I just figured bmac had a new name. And you totally ignored my deep breath comment. grumble after I put all that devil thought into it.

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:58 AM

laugh Superfresh can domesticate me ... you .. can't. :tongue: laugh

drinks

sad

grumble What's he got that I don't got?!

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:57 AM

I am doing good, how are youdrinks

Morning {{minds}}drinks

morning All!

((bad_girl)) how are you doing?

Got off work, chatting around drinking cocoa. drinker

It's all good.

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:44 AM

Morning all

Mronitn Mom!

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:44 AM

drinker Hi ((Ash))

I think I need to make cocoa!

How are you this morning?

Make me some, too? bigsmile

I'm pretty good, kinda bummed about having to work in the deli (which means cleaning everything up afterwards) tonight .... ah, they're trying to domesticate me with all the cleaning i have to do! sad sad sad laugh

I can do that. You'll clean up the kitchen afterwards, though, right? :wink:

noway noway
You did NOT just say that. :tongue: laugh laugh

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:31 AM
Edited by Mindsi on Sun 12/07/08 07:31 AM

drinker Hi ((Ash))

Make me some, too? bigsmile

I'm pretty good, kinda bummed about having to work in the deli (which means cleaning everything up afterwards) tonight .... ah, they're trying to domesticate me with all the cleaning i have to do! sad sad sad laugh

I can do that. You'll clean up the kitchen afterwards, though, right? :wink:

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:30 AM

I know and if you are referring to what we talked about, take deep breaths:heart:

Pretty good and youflowers :heart:

flowers Morning Everyone

Mornin' (((((Merle))))) flowers :heart: :heart:
How are you today?

I'm good ... waiting is a b!tch, though. laugh

Oh, I'm not upset about anything ... I'm just not very patient. laugh

But I know. bigsmile :heart:

Deep Breath, hold it, Chest Expansion (my yoga teacher says it all the time, get your mind out of the gutter!)

Okay now let me get a picture!

blushing Your mind can go back to the gutter now!

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:29 AM

Morning {{minds}}drinks

morning All!

((bad_girl)) how are you doing?

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:22 AM
drinker Hi ((Ash))

Mindsi's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:15 AM
mroning All!

Mindsi's photo
Sat 12/06/08 06:54 PM

OKAY MINDSI - here is the problem

I am china - you are america

you come to me and borrow money so you can run your household

i charge you interest on what you borrow from me

you then come to my store and buy products from me and spend the money that i have loaned to you on interest

I AM GETTING YOUR MONEY COMING AND GOING

a nation cannot function if it sends all of its resources
out of the country.

china allows the U.S. government to fucntion by buying
our treasury notes, which the U.S. has to pay interest on. Then we go to wal-mart and buy chinese crap. if you dont see
the problem with that then i dont know what to tell you.

actually a few have mentioned the movie about wal-mart
and i believe the government is going to step in by
declaring wal-mart a monopoly.

it is the only thing that will stop this monster. in communist countries , wal-mart is the perfect store.

So when you've slain the great beast wal-mart are you going to go after Target and Kmart and sears who get there stuff from china as well?

Americans can't manufacture stuff cheaply enough that Americans can afford them. This includes the cost of shipping things over here and tariffs that have to be paid on imports when they come in. This is Wal-Mart's fault?

Mindsi's photo
Sat 12/06/08 05:23 PM

It seems a lot of people don't like the fact that Walmart sells mostly items made in China.. What about the other things Walmart does.. such as not making it possible for most of it's employees to get health insurance so they are on government assistance for it? plus the average Walmart employee makes $13k a year.. Could they afford it anway? A class action lawsuit by 69,000 employees that were forced to work off the clock without pay...Deleting time from employees time cards.. Class action lawsuits for discrimination against women.. federal allegations it used illegal immigrants to clean its stores.. Right now there is 26,699,678 square feet of empty Walmarts wasting space in the US... Walmart imported $18billion from China in 2004..

Where do you get your info? In Kansas the average Wal-mart associate starts at about $7 an hour. 40 hour week, so that's about $280 a week before taxes. 52 weeks a year, so that's 14560. That's starting. Before taxes, granted, but there's also associates that have been there 10 plus years making 16 to 20 plus an hour. If you want more money make planes or cars. There's not enough margin in retail.

On health insurance, I work for Wal-Mart (as if you haven't guessed yet) and I have a Health savings account through the company that I pay 8 dollars a paycheck to have maintained, I put an additional $40 that the company matches. It goes into an account that earns interest that I can use to pay medical expenses. Once I've paid the deductible with that, the plan pays up to 80% of the other expenses. It's worked pretty good for me. I don't have kids though, so that might change the math a bit.

You do realize that some of those lawsuits are decades old now? Doesn't mean that they didn't happen, but it could mean that there are policies in place to make sure that it doesn't happen any more often than it does in the local grocery store, or Denny's, or Burger King?

I get a little bitter when everyone is happy to bash the place I work because it makes a good target. How many of you have studied sociology or economics? What do you think of it?

There is no way I believe someone working at walmart that isn't a manager or anything is making that much money..
The median pay for a walmart employee being there 10-19 years is $14

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Walmart.com/Hourly_Rate

You don't have to believe me. I know them. And actually the overnight stockers are paid more than the managers. Managers get salary. Stockers are hourly.

Mindsi's photo
Sat 12/06/08 10:08 AM

It seems a lot of people don't like the fact that Walmart sells mostly items made in China.. What about the other things Walmart does.. such as not making it possible for most of it's employees to get health insurance so they are on government assistance for it? plus the average Walmart employee makes $13k a year.. Could they afford it anway? A class action lawsuit by 69,000 employees that were forced to work off the clock without pay...Deleting time from employees time cards.. Class action lawsuits for discrimination against women.. federal allegations it used illegal immigrants to clean its stores.. Right now there is 26,699,678 square feet of empty Walmarts wasting space in the US... Walmart imported $18billion from China in 2004..

Where do you get your info? In Kansas the average Wal-mart associate starts at about $7 an hour. 40 hour week, so that's about $280 a week before taxes. 52 weeks a year, so that's 14560. That's starting. Before taxes, granted, but there's also associates that have been there 10 plus years making 16 to 20 plus an hour. If you want more money make planes or cars. There's not enough margin in retail.

On health insurance, I work for Wal-Mart (as if you haven't guessed yet) and I have a Health savings account through the company that I pay 8 dollars a paycheck to have maintained, I put an additional $40 that the company matches. It goes into an account that earns interest that I can use to pay medical expenses. Once I've paid the deductible with that, the plan pays up to 80% of the other expenses. It's worked pretty good for me. I don't have kids though, so that might change the math a bit.

You do realize that some of those lawsuits are decades old now? Doesn't mean that they didn't happen, but it could mean that there are policies in place to make sure that it doesn't happen any more often than it does in the local grocery store, or Denny's, or Burger King?

I get a little bitter when everyone is happy to bash the place I work because it makes a good target. How many of you have studied sociology or economics? What do you think of it?

Mindsi's photo
Sat 12/06/08 09:47 AM

i think a huge problem is that america has lost it's
manufacturing base.

almost nothing is manufactured here anymore. We cant even manufacture a hairdryer !!!! I look around my place and everything, and i don mean everything, is foreign.

You try selling anything for the price it costs to get an American to make it. The American can't afford to work for less because he has to make payments on his house, both cars, the boat, the kid's college education, oh and one of them will need a car next year. It goes on and on. I'm not sure what will fix the situation, but singling out Wal-Mart for a systemic problem may be popular, but won't help.

Mindsi's photo
Sat 12/06/08 09:40 AM

Ok.. it's simple..
watch the movie..

'WalMart - The High Cost of Low Price'

Made me hate WalMart...

It's on Netflix

Watched it. It had some good points. Too bad no one realizes the same thing goes on at Target and K-Mart too.

I dated a girl who went from Wal-Mart to Target. They treated her worse, and she's now out of retail all together.

Mindsi's photo
Sat 12/06/08 09:34 AM

BUT WE DO NOTHING WHILE ALL THE SMALLER STORES ARE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS BY WAL-MART ???

THEN WE FIND OUT THAT WAL-MART IS OWNED BY THE CHINESE ???

I think I watch way too many horror films !!!!!

Have you ever worked for one of those small stores or shopped in them? Especially in smaller towns that can't support a Wal-Mart by themselves? The small store has to pay more to have the product shipped to them, therefore there is less profit. Less profit, means they have to pay lower wages compared to the Wal-Mart (Or Target, Or Kroger-brand Grocery store, etc.). When the store owner can go to Wal-Mart and buy it off the shelf for less than he can get from the distributor, it may be time to admit that the small store isn't viable any more.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25