Community > Posts By > Amber989

Amber989's photo
Sat 06/14/08 03:46 AM
pay off my loans

Amber989's photo
Wed 06/11/08 05:02 PM
click on the "forgot your password" and have it emailed to you. They shouldn't have been able to change the email address.

Amber989's photo
Sat 06/07/08 05:56 PM
Absolutely 100% do. No matter how much you love someone and how great they are now, people can change very unexpectedly and end up being the total opposite of what they once were.

Amber989's photo
Tue 05/27/08 11:13 PM
I thought this might be a good place to get some words of wisdom.

I realize there are multiple denominations posting here and I've posed this question to some of my other Christian friends, but this is an issue that really bothers me.

Let me give you some history before posing the question. I was raised Mormon up until I was 11 when my parents divorced and we all stopped going to church. Now, when I was 18, I met a guy who was Assemblies of God (AG), and around that same time, I "accepted Christ", which I kind of already thought I had done when I was Mormon, but everyone around me told me that didn't count because Mormon's don't believe in the same Jesus that Christians do and because Mormon's believe it is not only accepting Jesus that gets you to heaven, it's also your good works as well.

So, since I was 18, I've been on and off in my relationship with Christ and where AG does not believe that once saved, you are always saved, I have done much study and come to the conclusion that once you have truly in your heart of hearts accepted Jesus, you are saved. There's no back and forth.

So, anyhow, my grandmother is Mormon and when I was at my cousin's baptism a few year's back, she was speaking and specifically stated that she knew that Jesus Christ was her Lord and Savior and that He died on the cross for all of our Sins. So, when I heard that, I got was really thrown off my core.
For me, I have come believe it is something God knew I needed to hear. My grandmother passed away this last October and I believe she is in heaven. However, when I've discussed this with other Christians, they tend to be silent as if they're disagreeing with me.

So, I just thought this might be a good way to get some honest feedback on it and maybe even some scripture or knowledge to back it up.

Amber989's photo
Tue 05/27/08 10:12 PM
Hey all. I hope you all had a nice day. Me? Well, I got my plumbing fixed, worked, went to the chiropractor, ate, worked some more, hung out with friends. I'm feeling very human right now. Especially the huge pain in my neck/shoulder. It makes me realize how human I am.

Gotta say, I was looking forward to reading the banter back and forth when arriving home this evening, but I guess it must have gotten really nasty in that other room again seeing as it's gone. (not just a....A TELL).

Us Christians must have ruined it again. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry, that's my sense of humor talking. I hope you all will take that lightly.

BTW - In response to a post from Red earlier this morning, Before I got on this forum, I was well aware of the name I carry. It does sadden me to see it dragged through the mud because of others that carry it. But I've made my mistakes as well, so, it is hard to cast stones or point the finger at any one of them. However, in seeing what goes on in these forums, I hope that I may take the important and positive issues and lessons to heart and learn from them and leave the negativity where it rests. I do believe that mosts people on these threads be it Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, Muslim, non-religious, Sesame Streetist, Grey's Anatomiest, etc, all really just want to love and be loved. I know what I believe and I am content in that.

Anyhow, peace, love, and hair grease. Oh yeah, and a flower from my rose bush. flowerforyou

Amber989's photo
Tue 05/27/08 08:11 AM

Ahh. Man. I don't feel the oasis here anymore. What's happened to the coffee house for humans? :cry:

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:38 PM
welcome to the mix

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:27 PM
umm. Hello and stuff.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:25 PM
I was having an xray done on my hip and they gave me these paper shorts. Well, I didn't realize it when I sat down on the xray table that the seam in the shorts had ripped. So, I walked all the way back to the room with ripped shorts and I was wearing nothing underneath. Quite embarrassed when the doctor told me.

blushing blushing

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:17 PM
Definitely stretching my brain a bit.

Don't let it get to you. I know it's frustrating, but it's not worth it to get frustrated. If you get frustrated, he wins. That's what he wants.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:06 PM

It was great but can't tell...

Remember "what happens in vegas, stays in vegas"..

laugh laugh laugh drinker drinker

But this is JSH...No secrets here girl...spill the beans darnit...lol

I will only say I left home with 0 tats came back with 1... noway

I did that last year. That Vegas. It'll get 'cha. And I go there at least three times a year for work. Gotta watch out.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 10:03 PM

Hey what happened to the coffeehouse for atheists?!? Was the whole thread removed?!?!?

noway

As is usual, the God Squad spoiled it for everyone else and it was part of an "Inquisition"

Yeh it was pretty bloody in there. I barely got out of there with my.... my... my....

what as it I brought in there?.... It's all such a blur, it all happened so fast.

There there, JB. There there. You're safe now. Watch out for that other room though.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:57 PM

And you're at Camp Pendleton!!! I used to be there all the time way back in the day. (That being 1994)

Wow...1994???

Yep. My older sister and I would go there to the gym for bball practice. Our coach was in the military.

Oh yeah. I'm drinking water btw. I was drinking Sweet Tea, but it's all gone.

I was going to say....your only 28...

Oh. I still got in plenty of trouble then. That's why my dad shipped me back to Texas. As if that kept me out of trouble....

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:29 PM

"9-1-1 what's your emergency."

"yes, we have a ripped out heart over here."

"okay, ma'am, just stay on the line and someone will be right there."

I knew all of my years of watching Law and Order would come in handy some day.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:22 PM
noticed.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:20 PM
I think they should let you see the entire profile of the person while you're viewing. I think that would help. I mean I know you can click on the person and see their profile, but when you go back to the mutual matching, the same person you were viewing does not always show up. Anyhow, if you get a few, just send messages. If you don't hear back, just delete them from your matches.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:10 PM
good luck with that.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:03 PM

And you're at Camp Pendleton!!! I used to be there all the time way back in the day. (That being 1994)

Wow...1994???

Yep. My older sister and I would go there to the gym for bball practice. Our coach was in the military.

Oh yeah. I'm drinking water btw. I was drinking Sweet Tea, but it's all gone.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:55 PM

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:53 PM

I'm 26... I live in Southern California...and I'm indoors tonite...will somebody put me outta my misery?

What kind of reason do you have to be indoors right now? Seriously? Southern Cal, 26 and your indoors. Go to Pechanga or something.

Previous 1 3 4 5