Community > Posts By > SweetVTSyrup

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Sat 02/21/09 01:10 PM
I belonged to another site, which I recently left because of the nonsense. I just want to meet new people, make new friends, and hopefully someday find someone special. It just hurts when you put so much energy into something just to find out they are feeding the same lines to other women.

I live in a very rural area, where it really feels like everyone is already all coupled up. I have no single friends. I get tired of being the 5th wheel at every party, group function, business party, etc.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Sat 02/21/09 12:58 PM
It seems that the net helps you reach out to many new people that you wouldn't ever meet otherwise, but it also seems that many people just play games on the net. What is with all the game players?? Seems like everyone else is finding their happily ever after....except me. I am not looking for a fairy tale (even though i did just say happily ever after). I am willing to work at a relationship, but I just seem to find the players. I am looking offline too....maybe I am just trying to hard.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Sun 01/25/09 06:37 PM
just a short time.....precious

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Sat 01/24/09 07:33 PM
is it for real? i wish i knew.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:06 PM
I wrote back Kojack ;)

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Thu 01/22/09 03:57 PM
Hey all. I am so excited! I am going away for the weekend. Nice time with some nice friends. Meeting a couple of new people too. (friends of friends) I haven't been out of town for awhile....

What is everyone elses plan for the weekend.

Cora

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:40 AM
I just personally think, if you are going to play this "game" that you should at least write back to the person and say hi. "hi" doesn't mean a marriage proposal! lol Write back...the worst that can happen is you don't like each other, and you move on......maybe you'll make a new friend along the way. Heck...I met my best male friend on a dating site. We aren't compatible in a relationship, but he is my best friend in the world.

Oh well.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Thu 01/22/09 06:22 AM
Good morning....

I am at work to...will pop in from time to time.

When all the matches are made and you send out the emails. What is generally the response? Does everyone write back? Or do you get ignored?

I sent out emails to all my matches (7 i think), and they've all been read. 3 wrote back saying he lived too far away (he is in CA and I'm in VT) but I told him friends don't need limits. And 2 others wrote back. Is that about average? 50% Heck I'm just wanting to make new friends if not a love connection.

Anyways...not as cold here today. Car shopping yesterday was yucky. Will go again in a few days. I will know more about what I want and can afford....

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Wed 01/21/09 06:48 PM
Well...I wrote to all my matches.

So, car shopping....what a disaster. I hate it! No dice today. Didn't find anything. Ridiculous that people want $600 a month for used vehicles. CRAZY!

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:52 AM
Anyone wanna go car shopping for me????

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:30 AM
I should be working! LOL But don't feel like it. Going car shopping later - which is not my favorite thing to do....sigh. But...I rolled my rig very early Sat morning, so I need to get a new one.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:15 AM
Good morning everyone! Anyone else freeeeeeeeeezing! It was 10 below here this morning. brrrrrrrrrrrr I hate it! I think I need to be like an old retiree and move south for the winter!

Cora

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Wed 01/21/09 07:09 AM

or you could do something really crazy....and just email people yourself!!!slaphead

wow...rude much? i hope that is sarcasm. I am new here, so I don't know if it was. I am sending emails out to people all the time. Sigh...don't always get responses.
darlin you have no idea......but I promise. you will!!!
all Im gonna say is if Im rude welcome to mingle......your in for a treat!!!

Well...people are rude everywhere...but I find no reason for it. We are all here to make new friends....right?

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Tue 01/20/09 04:49 PM

or you could do something really crazy....and just email people yourself!!!slaphead

wow...rude much? i hope that is sarcasm. I am new here, so I don't know if it was. I am sending emails out to people all the time. Sigh...don't always get responses.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Tue 01/20/09 12:39 PM
I read the rules on the first page.

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Tue 01/20/09 11:47 AM
I'm confused too....and no one even said Hi to me when I posted :(

SweetVTSyrup's photo
Tue 01/20/09 07:12 AM
I am new to Mingle and am interested in meeting new people. Match me up!

Cora