Community > Posts By > NewJaxScott

NewJaxScott's photo
Sat 03/30/13 03:28 PM
I think people are missing an element in these types of relationships. People don't start out being bad to the other. For those that say "I would never love this type of person", just know that no one ever starts out that way. Women that are attracted to the "bad boy" are not attracted to the cheating, lying, douche bag, they are attracted to the confident, strong, in control man that they appear to be. It only happens later that they become the womanizing, lying abusive person. Reason? because they are themselves insecure with the relationship. As much as you ask yourself why these women are with them, they are asking the same question. The only way they know to keep them is to belittle them and make them feel of less value then they are. This keeps them clinging to the guy because the women starts to believe that they are not as good as they really are.

And while I use the bad guy, good girl example, it really is a two way street. As much as you seem to get the bad girls in your life, they are the equivalent of the Bad boy you see with the good girls.

My advise, be yourself and don't apologize for it. Know what you want and who you want. Be the person your looking for, is looking for, and it will all work out.

NewJaxScott's photo
Sat 03/30/13 02:44 PM
trying to have an intimate encounter with a person who is married is only adding to the problem to begin with. I understand your only looking for something physical, but for the faithful partner in that relationship your messing with, they expect something more from their mate. Karma is a hell of a counter measure. Remember that if these are the type of men you date now, then they will be the type of men you date when you want something more. Good luck to you.

NewJaxScott's photo
Sat 03/30/13 02:26 PM
Being a single parent is tough enough but fathers have it harder in my opinion. Not because the work is harder or because it is more difficult for them to raise children but because society doesn't give them the benefit of a doubt.

I am currently separated from my wife and I have fought fiercely to protect my son from the lifestyle choices that my wife has made and the people she associates with. Being a product of divorced parents myself, I know what it is like to be the child and I tell you it sucks.

I have had to spend thousands of dollars to defend my character against my ex due to her attempting to use the system to gain the upper hand. This of course back fired on her because it is much harder to prove a lie then it is the truth. But the fact that I had to defend myself just because she said bad things about me sucks. I am a good father to an awesome 5 year old son and I want only for his happiness. While his mother is attempting to take him from me completely, I have had to be the "better" person and insist on 50/50 time share. Not for her sake mind you because she has proven time and again that she comes first before her family or anyone else. But for our sons sake. It is unfair to him that his mother and father are splitting. He will have to live with the choices we make for the rest of his life. Whether his mother knows it or not, she would pay for taking me out of his life and I will not make that mistake. He deserves to have his mother and father in his life and I will do everything I can to make that happen. Good luck to all the single parents out there. It isn't an easy road, but the rewards are immeasurable in worldly value.

NewJaxScott's photo
Sat 03/30/13 02:01 PM
If I may just add to what Ruth originally replied. The reality is that in order to attract the type of person your looking for, you have to be the person they are looking for. It is a two way street.

This is a difficult concept for most people to understand. Most people believe that they will meet the "Right" person and everything will just magically be great. WRONG! Just because you meet someone that you are attracted to doesn't mean they are right for you. Two different things. The person that is right for you is usually the person you over look.

Relationships are work plain and simple. Ask any couple that have 35-40 years under their belt and they will tell you the same thing. The things that are important to you may not be important to your potential mate so you have to look at yourself and see if what is important to them can be important to you and vise versa. Good luck out there to everyone still looking for your potential mate. As others have said, you will meet plenty of the wrong people before you meet the right person. Round pegs don't fit in square holes so don't force it. Just be patient, meet lots of friends and maybe one of them will also be your MR. or MRS. right.